Welcome to Invision Power Board!

I understand you can switch skins but this looks exactly like Runescape Communities boards over at zybez. I could have swore the admins said tif would be set apart and thats what was taking so long was making this version of IPB different than the other fansites out there.

Sorry, but there must have been some misunderstanding. It didn't took so long to make it look more unique, it took so long because there were a few unexpected bugs.

However, I do hope we'll get a new skin some time (if you are an awesome designer, feel free :pray: ), but it could take a while though as the admins probably want to get rid of all the bugs first.

When everything's been said and done, more has been said than done.

All skills 80+

angel2w.gif

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great job, good to see that the new forum is now up :)

I have one question only:

Is there a "My posts" search function, accessible before through http://forum.tip.it/search.php?search_id=egosearch ?

The above link is what I've always had bookmarked (aswell as home page on Firefox), and I liked to see all topics I've replied to quickly like that. What could I replace the bookmark with?

http://forum.tip.it/index.php?app=core&module=search&do=user_posts&mid=19747

I understand you can switch skins but this looks exactly like Runescape Communities boards over at zybez. I could have swore the admins said tif would be set apart and thats what was taking so long was making this version of IPB different than the other fansites out there.

We would have been different, RSC were on IPB 2.3.6, they upgraded to 3.0.3 while we were in the process of converting to it. It was a much easier process for them as upgrading is far simpler than converting, because it's still software from the same company.

Is there a "My posts" search function, accessible before through http://forum.tip.it/...ch_id=egosearch ?

The above link is what I've always had bookmarked (aswell as home page on Firefox), and I liked to see all topics I've replied to quickly like that. What could I replace the bookmark with?

You could always use the Search tab at the top and input your name into the Author field, not sure if that's what you want though as you can't bookmark it and use it as a direct link...

Is there a "My posts" search function, accessible before through http://forum.tip.it/search.php?search_id=egosearch ?

That wasn't the exact function I was looking for, I'll try not sound whiney :P

I'd want to see the topics I've posted in, not the posts I've made. That way I can see if there are new posts to the thread etc. But that one will have to do for now, thanks :)

By the way, now when I click a text formatting button, the tags come up including the closing tag; will you be changing this back to the way it was with the start tag coming up first and then clicking again for the close?

Actually I don't know if it ever was like that since I've mostly typed them out by hand, but I think it was...

Uula.png

We would have been different, RSC were on IPB 2.3.6, they upgraded to 3.0.3 while we were in the process of converting to it. It was a much easier process for them as upgrading is far simpler than converting, because it's still software from the same company.

Alright, are their any new skins instead of the current one in the works? I think Tif would look a lot better with a dark blue skin like it had before. It set us apart from the other boards and was easier on the eyes.

Thanks for the reply on my other question, I didn't realize Rsc updated while you were already in the conversion process and after you guys had made the statement about being different from the other sites.

Low_C.png

Looks good but generic, can't wait till we get the new skins. Too bad I don't know yet how to make new skins :P.

Very nice job at changing software, and you guys have great patience, looking back at the 12 page topic.

I noticed a download option, if it's what I think it is, this is awesome!

Alright, are their any new skins instead of the current one in the works? I think Tif would look a lot better with a dark blue skin like it had before. It set us apart from the other boards and was easier on the eyes.

We will be looking at a Tip.It skin in the (hopefully near) future, yes.

Yeah they ninja'd us <_<

We're still awesome though :D I'm sure a TIF theme is on it's way once the actual boards are working we can make them pretty again :)

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

I just got a question because of what I just found. The tip.it image at the top brings to the forum index instead of the website, are you going to put it back like it was or just keep it like that?

I just got a question because of what I just found. The tip.it image at the top brings to the forum index instead of the website, are you going to put it back like it was or just keep it like that?

I noticed this too, and although the homepage button is right underneath it, I'm so used to just clicking the huge tip.it logo.

Overall the forums are very awesome based on what little I have seen so far. All I really had to do was turn off a bunch of email defaults.

Also worth noting - I think the "Location" section under your avatar should also be followed by a colon, as well as shifting text that is 2 more more lines farther to the right (if possible). Look at mine to see what I mean.

100523232837.png

Are you winning The Game?

We'll probably keep it like that, what you're saying isn't quite true (from before). In phpBB, where that image linked would vary depending on the skin you had (older subsilver style or newer prosilver style). In IPB all of them link to the forum index by default so we'll probably just keep it like that. There's a Tip.It link right underneath it anyway.

I'm having some problems like not being able to open hide tags and my images always resize to 0% and it says clikc to enlarge and never works. Not sure if I'm the only one but I'd atleast like some feedback on the matter.

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

I'm having some problems like not being able to open hide tags and my images always resize to 0% and it says clikc to enlarge and never works. Not sure if I'm the only one but I'd atleast like some feedback on the matter.

Do you have JavaScript enabled? That sounds like what would happen if you didn't. And what browser are you using?

I have to say it. I'm not that big of a fan.

At least it adds some new features, and I like the "X viewing topic, replying, etc" feature.

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

We will be looking at a Tip.It skin in the (hopefully near) future, yes.

SubBlack or a ban

"Any people anywhere, being inclined and having the power, have the right to rise up, and shake off the existing government, and form a new one that suits them better. This is a most valuable - a most sacred right - a right, which we hope and believe, is to liberate the world."

Abraham Lincoln