Suicide

Abc1230

If someone's life is messed up to the point they no longer wish to continue it, let them put themselves out of misery unless you can help them out for real. In most cases, people just say they will help to sound nice and then can't do much about it, so let it be. I don't think it's nice to give people false hopes and delusions, and make them suffer even more.

THen I can understand why people want to help... if I saw a friend of mine trying to suicide, obviously I'd try to stop him from doing so. But later I'd also feel bad about being responsible for him suffering for even longer than he already did. Hard choice, really.

signaturemw.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Suicide is a persons choice. I'll admit I've seriously thought about it, and have self harmed in the past....

It is all up to the person contemplating it. I don't think it as cowardly. I don't get why so many people try to prevent it, especially with people they don't know. I honestly could care less if someone I didn't know ended up doing the deed. It wont effect me or my everyday life. Most people see suicide as an end to some sort of pain, physical or emotional.

"You laugh at me because I'm different, I laugh at you because you are all the same." - Jonathan Davis

For those saying suicide is foolish, and that the person has the ability to fix their problems, what about a stuation where a person wants to kill themselves due to all the evil in the world? Between war, rape, murder, betrayal, disease, and famine, one can conclude that the world they live in is not suitable to their wants. And to those that might respond with, "Change the world then, and make it a better place," get real. Humans will always be selfish and commit crimes, and things like natural disasters can't be helped. Would suicide be justifiable in this case?

How many people in the Western world face war, famine, and disease on a daily basis enough to wish they were dead?

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

How many people in the Western world face war, famine, and disease on a daily basis enough to wish they were dead?

It's not because they are experiencing it, it's because they hear about it. It is virtually impossible to not hear about murders, or natural disasters in 3rd world countries on a regular basis.

For those saying suicide is foolish, and that the person has the ability to fix their problems, what about a stuation where a person wants to kill themselves due to all the evil in the world? Between war, rape, murder, betrayal, disease, and famine, one can conclude that the world they live in is not suitable to their wants. And to those that might respond with, "Change the world then, and make it a better place," get real. Humans will always be selfish and commit crimes, and things like natural disasters can't be helped. Would suicide be justifiable in this case?

I don't think a person would actually commit suicide for that. They might if something puts them over the edge and they do it because of a split decision, with no actual planning or if they had some major depression disorder already.

99 Hunter - November 1st, 2008

99 Cooking -July 22nd, 2009

99 Firemaking - July 29th, 2010

99 Fletching - December 30th, 2010

Suicide is terrible!! Those people aren't contributing to the continued existence of our species!!

JK

In all honesty, it would be hypocritical of me to say that it is bad, since I have considered it myself. So I guess I'm neutral.

Dennydispoto.gif

Dag King Drops: D axe(3), Zerker Ring(3)

Barrows Drops: 2 Guthan Spears. 33 drops total.

Suicide is extremely selfish, and a number of lives will be ruined. So if you're stupid and selfish enough to do it, go for it.

So basically, you don't care if someone commits suicide as long as they are "stupid and selfish enough."

Guest Mrmegakirby

Suicide is extremely selfish, and a number of lives will be ruined. So if you're stupid and selfish enough to do it, go for it.

So basically, you don't care if someone commits suicide as long as they are "stupid and selfish enough."

I think he's saying you're stupid and selfish if you commit suicide. Not that he doesn't care.

What Kirby said, the overall concept of suicide is selfishness and stupidity.

You remind me of the idiot who listens to 10 minutes of exactly why he is wrong, and then responds with 'whatever.'

Assuming you read the thread anyway, if you haven't then it's just ignorance I guess.

What Kirby said, the overall concept of suicide is selfishness and stupidity.

So, if someone has major depressive disorder and lives a miserable life then they should not commit suicide, because doing so would be considered selfish (by your terms). We should live for other people, because what we want is less important then what others want. Correct?

I'm not going to start diving into this arguement, but after readng through the whole thread I can say that I mostly agree with Zygimantas on his viewpoints.

I think I was suicidal once when I was 15. It was an absolutely horrible feeling.

dangsig.png

By popular demand, this signature is back- however I currently do not have a blog up at the moment and if I did I wouldn't update it. Sorry, the sig links to nowhere :( .