Will jagex make an unsoloable monster?

Squisher_33

Monsters are not aimed for the lvl 138 RS player. They are aimed for a high-very high combat based players. As time initially passes, the thousands upon thousands of players will find a better strategy than maybe the QA team and Jagex staff (say around 100?).

So my answer is, unless teamwork is crucial, then no.

However, if a barbarian assault like strategy is applied to a boss monster, where you need to work as a team (especially in wave 10), I definately see this as a possibility for future high-leveled monsters.

My personal suggestion for a new boss-monster is a multi-phase monster, which changes from form to form randomly (changing attack style and protection prayer) each phase would be a great type of new monster. Perhaps having full immunity to one particular attack style an entire kill?

miph4.png

[spoiler=Old info]Quest Point Cape Acheived:14 October 07 4:30pm GMT+10 .

15108th to 99 Firemaking: 2 October 08 8:15pm GMT+10

Barrows Drops: Verac Flail, Verac Plateskirt x3, Guthan helm, Ahrim Robetop,

Karil top, Torag plate, Dharok plate, Dharok axe. 1900+ total lvl

Dragon Drops: 6: Dragon Legs (iron dragon), Dragon Spear(shadow warrior), Dragon Pickaxe(4)

DK Drops: Warrior Ring(2)

Bandos Drops: Tassets

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are 3 bosses which are still extremely hard to solo.

•  
  • KQ
  • DK's (all 3 not just prime or rex)
  • Corp

With maxed stats 1 kill is doable, but more then 1 kill is purely down to luck.

Personally i think they need just a lvl 400 version of DK's as it would be more then enough to make it unsoloable.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

Just come up with a monster that deals 6000 damage through defence and prayer if there's a single player in the boss room, but 60 each to two or more players. :thumbsup: Tada! Un-soloable boss monster!

Zepheras.png

"Do you really want to go back to the time when Falador was grey, lesser demon look like goats, dragons look like cows, hellhound look like cats and your character stands as stiff as a statue?"

-F1775

•  
  • KQ
  • Corp

Personally i think they need just a lvl 400 version of DK's as it would be more then enough to make it unsoloable.

KQ?? I can consistently get 2 kills against the KQ and was able to solo her for 1 kill at cmb lvl 105 (pre-summoning). Sadly there's not a lot of point these days as the drops don't stack up against the newer bosses.

Mordendravid.png

•  
  • KQ
  • Corp

KQ?? I can consistently get 2 kills against the KQ and was able to solo her for 1 kill at cmb lvl 105 (pre-summoning). Sadly there's not a lot of point these days as the drops don't stack up against the newer bosses.

I must seriously suck as even with a GS (plus rune cbow and diamond bolts) or full veracs I can't get a full kill without banking (using super sets, sharks and a full war t)

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

•  
  • KQ
  • Corp

I must seriously suck as even with a GS (plus rune cbow and diamond bolts) or full veracs I can't get a full kill without banking (using super sets, sharks and a full war t)

Ouch! Just checked your stats, and I'd have thought you should be able to consistently get 1 kill without banking.. Maybe she's toughened up lol.

Mordendravid.png

[hide]

•  
  • KQ
  • Corp

[/hide]

Ouch! Just checked your stats, and I'd have thought you should be able to consistently get 1 kill without banking.. Maybe she's toughened up lol.

well, this is rather embarrassing, but I have a VERY hard time to get just one kill off of KQ as well. Without the use of brews/restore that is...

Lord_Beloved.png

As said before. I'd like to see a monster that is like a combination of Tormented Demons and lets say Corporeal Beasts.

It should be able to "think" for itself like the tormented demon, like use prayers, all different combat types and also have a impressive shield that has to be removed by some tactical way.

While it's smart, it would also be powerful so it can't be killed many times before you would have to bank.

•  
  • KQ
  • Corp

Nope.

I can do like 5 KQ kills solo.

I can run in with no prayer and fight every dagannoth king at once.

Corp is hard, but it is doable which is the point of the thread.

JaGex Said that the CorpBeast Was a "Team" Monster, meaning you would need a team to kill it. Then a few months after The Corp Was released they introduced New PvP Weapons into the game [Which Are Stupidly Strong Used in the right hands]

What they need to do is not give a new monster then give better weapons. Once they have Sorted out the blanace between Magic, Range and melee bring in new and stronger items THEN they should add a "Team Killing Monster"

I Personally Still Love Killing KQueen In The Old Fashion Way :D Find it Fun

koolcookie0.png

Goals: 15m Slayer xp | 85 Herblore | 75+ All Stats | Chaotic Rapier | 125k/200k Tokens

the real question would be, can they create a monster that we cant figure out how to solo.... you gotta think of all the crafty runescapers out there. they always find a way to do what seems impossible. jagex can try to create a monster that they think we cant solo, but give it time and sooner or later some 1 will exploit its weakness or take advantage of all the resources we have in rs.

thats what i think....

For me its this.

I think Jagex released corp thinking it was un'soloable' but it turned out to be wrong.

Just because the majority of Runescapers just click and wait, doesn't mean there isn't any tactics involved.

Jamje.png

null and void

I'm not sure that Jagex are actually trying to create an unsoloable monster, there are plenty of ways in which they could force players to have to team up to kill something, and these don't necessarily have to include making it insanely high-levelled.

I rather suspect that Jagex enjoys creating a very high-levelled monster such as the Corp, and seeing how inventive players can be in trying to solo it. I'm sure there's plenty of stuff that players have achieved in the game that the creators didn't expect to happen (lvl 3 with 99 slayer to name but one)!

I completely agree. I'm one of those players who largely plays by himself except when one of my friends randomly starts playing during the summer. My stats aren't anything ridiculous but the thing I've come to enjoy in this game is doing things solo/duo. Is it really a coincidence that every boss so far has been able to be solo'd? The game so far has always gave players the option to solo or work with a team to do things at a lower level.

I can see them adding more boss encounters that can be solo'd, but require an immense amount of skill to pull off a kill. (read: old WoW boss fights except taken down to one player)

EDIT :: Though, I have not done any solo boss fights in this game so I'm not really sure what is the strategy to beat the current content (minus KBD/KQ/GWD)

Walt_SA.png

Starting Playing RS: ages ago.

If they do release unsoloable boss I really wish it doesn't have 1 (or more) ultra rare drop. Instead it should have a lot smaller drops that you have to combine to create a new item. So, not like sigils and hilts are. I really dislike it how the only way to get sigils yourself is either to have insane lsp on ls teams or to do ffa where you practically have to risk a lot to be able to get kills to have even a chance for drop.

My favorite about unsoloable boss would be where you need to use all 3 combat styles at the same time. Also, I kind of liked the way you had to fight CB during Summer's End Quest using wcing and firemaking, for example. That kind of boss hunting should really be considered more.

1 more type of unsoloable boss would be that you need teammates to get into boss room but in the room you would be alone. Even with team you should use major part of your supplies when going there. They should just make it so that you have to kill every monster in each room before entering next room.

What will the purpose of a unsoloable monster be? Just limit soloers...?

Corporeal beast is soloed by help of Statius's hammer, and it requires so big skills (and potion supplies) and on top of it has so freaking high % that the person can die.

LS worlds - Team Corporeal beast

Non-LS - Solo

Whoever complains about this or says "We want a unsoloable monster" can go and get lost...

From my view, those who have soloed Corporeal Beast deserv respect. Not everyone can solo Corporeal beast, and it is so darn hard.

When the KQ came out, the intention was that no - one could solo it. One person discovered how to solo it with range and then Jagex nerfed it - i rememeber a message on the front page at the time.

The truth is that new items and equipment will always get more and more powerful, (just a few examples... whip, godswords etc...) subsequently making bosses easier and easier. Remember when the KBD was a challenge?

Whatever bosses come out, even though they may be impossible at the time - will always become 'soloable' due to improvements in items which is why they will need to either nerf things more and more or bring out harder bosses on a more regular basis...

johannase.jpg

Thank you to tripsis for an awesome sig!

Whatever bosses come out, even though they may be impossible at the time - will always become 'soloable' due to improvements in items which is why they will need to either nerf things more and more or bring out harder bosses on a more regular basis...

The issue with having harder bosses come out on a more regular basis is the items that they drop. If they consistently come out then Jagex will have to do something where their drops aren't some ultra-rare item otherwise you're just going to have bosses crashing the value of existing items every month or so.

As someone else pointed out having a boss drop a higher volume of items that are currently in existence or just creating a new item for a similar purpose could solve the problem, but again... it's a matter of risk vs reward. Creating a hard boss fight for a menial reward will deter a lot of people from fighting said boss.

Walt_SA.png

Starting Playing RS: ages ago.

Jagex has tried in the past to outsmart players. The Chaos Elemental teleports and de-equips. The Dag Kings are 3 bosses in one area. Kalphite Queen has prayer. What they can't do, as mentioned, is just pile on strength and health points.

A cheap way to force partnership would be to introduce stunning. The creature will continue attacking you while you're stunned, and the only way to get it off is for someone else to whack you on the head (With a funny little animation). Granted, Jagex would also have to make the area like the D.Kings and require two players standing on a lever or something to get in.

Another way is to reinvent a technique common in Slayer: Final blows. Say Jagex introduces white dragons, and wants them to be a group activity. They could make it so, when the monster's on a sliver of HP, one player uses a rope to lasso the dragon's head, pulling its head down and leaving it vulnerable. Player #2 then swings/fires/casts the killing blow. A more group orientated version of the use rock hammer to kill gargoyle. This one is actually my favorite.

Finally someone gets it. Everyone here is talking about increasing power and hp so you need the BRUTE FORCE of a team. Isn't it much nicer if you need it because of the TACTICS of a team. Just make a monster that REQUIRES tactics to kill it. For instance, a monster that only get's hit if the three attacking types (melee, ranged, magic) are hitting him at once, or ... So many possibilities.

The point still remains though, that it is pretty easy to force players to have to team up to kill a boss monster, either through:

• Tactics (e.g. finishing moves where 2 actions are required simultaneously), or through
  • Shared damage (e.g. 200 damage is dealt through prayer, but is shared by the number of people in the room, so 5 players would get hit for 40) or indeed simply through
  • Brute force with an insanely high-levelled boss monster.
  • Requirements to even enter the room etc.

To-date Jagex haven't implemented any bar the latter two, and even then have made it possible for a solo player to circumvent them. Given the ease with which as players we can think of methods to make it IMPOSSIBLE to solo a monster, it seems reasonable to assume that Jagex could come up with similar ideas themselves.

Therefore, as of today's game it is fairly safe to say that Jagex aren't intent on FORCING players to kill boss monsters as a team, merely making it hard for all but the highest level players to do so..

To me, that seems like a pretty sensible approach, and allows kudos to those that manage to defeat something like the Corporeal beast on their own... Even knowing that it's possible, I'm not in any rush to try that out!

Mordendravid.png

Hmmm... how about make a 'npc pker' that hybrids decently? Or.... Jagex might be able to release the gods as monsters to fight, I want to be the first to down Zamorak >.>. Or even... Lucien! Lucien must have tons of strategies to kill those slayer masters in While Guthix Sleeps, he would make a epic monster to fight. Even something stupid like the ability to smite (though maybe more than 25% of damage in prayer points) or turn off your prayer for a second and hit double damage for you having your prayer on, like aquanites, would make any monster a ton harder.

There are so many ways Jagex can create a unsoleable monster, it's just a matter of balancing the game....

PS I lost by typing this post, good game.

Yes, probably. To make it work they will need to make you able to fight it in teams only though, by making a single player not even able to enter the room of the boss. If they don't there will always be someone out there who will be able to find out a way to solo the monster.

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak