Paranormal Activity

runescapeloser22

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_UxLEqd074

paranormal_activity.jpg

IMDB Link

Said to be the scariest movie of the decade. Best since The Exorcist.

Paranormal Activity.

This movie is only open in select theaters at the moment, but once it reaches 1,000,000 "demands" on this site, it will be released nationwide!!!

So go to this website and demand it somewhere! It doesn't matter where, once it gets 1,000,000 overall it will be released nationwide. It already is on track to get that many in around 4-5 days, but the more people knowing about this movie the better.

DEMAND IT!!

If you've seen this, or now about it, please put all spoilers in hide tags!

(IMDB says it was released in 2007, not sure why but it was released like a week ago in select theaters)

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will probably not see it. I dont really like horror films.

But it is an Indie film right?

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

I will probably not see it. I dont really like horror films.

But it is an Indie film right?

Pretty sure. That's probably why it says release date 2007. It had an $11,000 budget.

Wow.

I will demand it I guess, just for other peoples sake.

10postchm2105.png

#1 Wongtong stalker.

I see someone laughing in the trailer.

It looks interesting.. but I'll probably never watch it.

Me + horror movies = nightmares + paranoia

Not good. However, I didn't like The Exorcist. I thought it was lame.

10postchm2105.png

#1 Wongtong stalker.

You + horror movies - nightmares - paranoia = 0

10postchm2105.png

#1 Wongtong stalker.

You + horror movies - nightmares - paranoia = 0

Or

Nightmares + Paranoria - horror movies = you.

SO NOW WE CAN MAKE A WONGTONG

Doomy edit: I like sheep

I HATE horror movies... scare the [bleep] outta me. But this doesn't look scary ...

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

Its like another Blair Witch Project. :roll:

You're making it sound as though the first Blair Witch wasn't a good horror movie.

A few horror movie-buff buddies saw Paranormal Activity and say it's one of the scariest movies they've seen. It's the fact that it's so realistic that makes it scary. The movie plays on stuff everyone can relate to: thinking you see something that isn't really there, waking up to strange noises, not being able to sleep, etc. The camework and acting is supposed to be excellent too. I've heard split opinions on the ending though, some people think it's cheesy while others love it.

A review:

"The hauntings themselves start with the staples lights going on and off, doors opening and shutting, footsteps and escalates to the point that you're almost afraid it's going to become silly and lose the magic (a rather terrifying dose of magic), but it remains grounded and continues to [bleep] with your head in such a brutal and relentless fashion. You may not believe in ghosts, but this movie will make you scared as [bleep] at the possibility they are around us. kt and I were gripping each other's hands to the point of pain during every night encounter, and that's no joke. Paranormal Activity is not for the weak hearted and is one of the few films that stays with you after you've left the theater to the point that you wished it wouldn't."

I would love to see this movie but since I can't even play through Doom 3 or Bioshock because they make me uncomfortable, it would probably be a very bad idea.

2009rb9.jpg

I would love to see this movie but since I can't even play through Doom 3 or Bioshock because they make me uncomfortable, it would probably be a very bad idea.

Ha yeah, that's the same reason I could never get through a Resident Evil game. Scary movies don't bother me that much but when I'm controlling a character in a video game it definitely intensifies the experience.

As for the movie, it does look pretty cheesy in my book. And the theatrical audience didn't help. :lol:

Its like another Blair Witch Project. :roll:

You're making it sound as though the first Blair Witch wasn't a good horror movie.

I wasn't a fan of the Blair Witch Project and I'm just not a big horror fan in general. The film did have great success and the style of Paranormal Activity and how it has been marketed is somewhat similar to BWP.

tFtfA.jpg

I heard 'bout this on the radio. Supposed to be so horrible, people left in the middle of it. And by horrible, I mean creepy, scary, [cabbage] your pants horrible. I kind of want to see it, but especially with all those bedroom scenes I would not sleep for about 2 years.

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

I saw this movie on Friday (released in Boston ftw), and it really is unique. It's easily a hate it or love it movie. I went with 3 other people, and they all hated it, but I thought it was really interesting.

I wasn't scared at all watching it, but I'm sure thats because during every quiet scene (there's a lot of them), someone in the theater would say something. It completely ruined the scary atmosphere. I really want to see it in theaters again, hopefully with a quiet audience this time.

[hide=SPOILER (QUESTION)]When they record the Ouija board, why don't they even mention about how it caught on fire? I thought it was stupid how they pretty much ignored that part of it.[/hide]

The commercials made it seem really scary. Those people in the theater looked like they [cabbage] themselves over and over. I'm assuming they will be handing out adult diapers at the theaters if that is how scary it is.

It does look pretty good though from the three seconds of movie and the thirty seconds of people pissing themselves I saw. Might be worth a watch. If I could get a chick to go with me and a bunch of my wimpy friends who wet themselves when watching Casper The Friendly Ghost then it might be something worth going to.

Since we are on the subject of horror films and people are talking about not liking them, I can safely say newer horror movies don't seem to try to create cool monsters or people, they keep the stereotypical "Grr...I kill you". I like 1970, 80, and some 90 horror flicks, especially the Nightmare on Elm Street (Freddy is hilarious, he has so much character) and Friday the Thirteenth (If for no other reason than to laugh at all the stereotypical teenagers getting killed by weed whackers). I think Hellraiser and Hellraiser 2 are two of the best horror movies ever made, those were really good.

hatsune-miku-wallpaper-49-1.jpg

I see someone laughing in the trailer.

It looks interesting.. but I'll probably never watch it.

Not good. However, I didn't like The Exorcist. I thought it was lame.

Imo, The Exorcist was absolutely awesome. Are you sure you watched the right one?

So, basically Earthysun is Jesus's only son.

earthysig3.jpg

earthynorris.jpg

awwwwuo6.jpg

wootsiggiedagainhw5.jpg

algftw.jpg

I saw it last night. It actually wasn't too bad, up until the very end. And then holy [cabbage]. My friend was shaking the whole ride home. There weren't a lot of people in the theater, and it was almost a kind of communal experience; people talking about what they would do then (usually "aw man, I'd be out of there like that"). There was more laughter than screaming, actually, usually during the "in-between" segments. Monty Python ftw.

[spoiler=plot spoilers]The end was what really got me, and everyone else I suppose. They're both gone after they abruptly stop screaming, and nearly a minute later the guy comes flying through the door into the camera, and the girl eats the lens. And that's it. We all waited for something else, but the theater lights came on, and I high tailed it out of there before anything else could happen. And when she got dragged....my mom told me not to tell her anything, because my dad might drag her to go see it. My only response was "augh, don't say drag...."

I don't know about crying in fear, most everyone left the theater with a smile. An uneasy fear smile, but a smile nonetheless.

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif