Paranormal Activity

runescapeloser22

What the hell. I didn't exactly watch this in theaters (don't shoot me, I stumbled across it quite by accident . . . temptation) and discovered that there are differences between the version being shown in theaters and the original. Including the ending. Apparently the one I watched was the unedited original version.

For anyone who's curious . . .

This version, after Micah and Katie's screamfest downstairs, had Katie coming back into the room covered in blood and with a knife in her hand. She sat at the foot of the bed and rocked back and forth for like two days straight until the police came. When they came upstairs, she seemed delusional and advanced on them saying "Micah?" Naturally the police perceived her as a threat, with the knife and all, and shot her.

Anyway. I spent most of the movie waiting for something to happen. Not that the buildup wasn't good, I was just impatient. The last fifteen minutes though . . . holy crap.

p2gq.jpg

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh man, I wanna see this movie. But ofcourse I live in Belgium, like the movie'll ever come over here. But I'll have to remember the title.

Also, I hated the Excorcist, it was boring and not creepy. It was [bleep]ing weird though, but not creepy. Just some WTF? moments, but no "Holy [cabbage] what is that noise I think I pee'd myself!!" moments.

What the hell. I didn't exactly watch this in theaters (don't shoot me, I stumbled across it quite by accident . . . temptation) and discovered that there are differences between the version being shown in theaters and the original. Including the ending. Apparently the one I watched was the unedited original version.

For anyone who's curious . . .

This version, after Micah and Katie's screamfest downstairs, had Katie coming back into the room covered in blood and with a knife in her hand. She sat at the foot of the bed and rocked back and forth for like two days straight until the police came. When they came upstairs, she seemed delusional and advanced on them saying "Micah?" Naturally the police perceived her as a threat, with the knife and all, and shot her.

Anyway. I spent most of the movie waiting for something to happen. Not that the buildup wasn't good, I was just impatient. The last fifteen minutes though . . . holy crap.

I think the theater version is better from the sounds of that.

Also,

The Oeujia Board scene

was [bleep]ING AWESOME.

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

And I thought I was the weird one for smiling when the girl got the bite marks in the trailer.

I probably won't see it though, horror films make me laugh. I literally watched every single Friday the 13th and I laughed at each one. Who the hell goes in a random barn!?

22031_s.gif

And I thought I was the weird one for smiling when the girl got the bite marks in the trailer.

I probably won't see it though, horror films make me laugh. I literally watched every single Friday the 13th and I laughed at each one. Who the hell goes in a random barn!?

Lol, Friday the 13th isn't scary, it's just a gorefest.

In the theatre some of my friends, including myself, couldnt stop laughing during some of the parts. At one point, the guy in front of me tries to impress his date by turning around and saying "Are you guys [developmentally delayed]ed? Shut the [bleep] up!" and my response was "No, but this movie is" (Although it wasnt - just wanted to shut him up) and he just looked at me in awe with no comeback. It was hilarious.

I wish I saw this movie with a few people in my basement instead of a theatre with laughter during the suspense, would have made it so much scarier

dcfclogo4.jpg

[Admin Edit: Attempting to publicly humiliate a user in your signature is inappropriate]

Quit Runescape... Dec 2001 - Jan 2008 on and off... mostly off.

The exorcist wasn't that scary, and this is just overhyped. It looked like any other ghost horror movie.

Heck, even Discovery Channel's ghost stories have better acting.

16185_s.gif

I think Hellraiser and Hellraiser 2 are two of the best horror movies ever made, those were really good.

You're kidding, right? I thought Hellraiser and Hellraiser 2 were extremely boring movies, and I'm normally terrified during horror movies.

I haven't seen Paranormal Activity (and I probably won't), but I've heard from people at my school that it's a pretty good movie.

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

Worst movie ever.

Someone wake me up when katie featherston gets naked somewhere - Other than that, I want my $7 back

"Any people anywhere, being inclined and having the power, have the right to rise up, and shake off the existing government, and form a new one that suits them better. This is a most valuable - a most sacred right - a right, which we hope and believe, is to liberate the world."

Abraham Lincoln

Since I'm a self-destructive idiot I decided to see it as well. Good movie and really creepy. Reminded me once again that I need to stay the hell away from horror films. Also, there are apparently like 4-6 endings (I got the same one as N0M_AN0R).

In one ending which was only shown at one screening, Katie walks up the stairs after killing Micah. She stands in front of the camera without looking directly into it, implying she is still entranced, and proceeds to slit her own throat. This is supposedly meant to bookend Micah's comment earlier in the movie when he is cooking something, holding a knife, and jokingly gestures that they will slit the throat of whatever is tormenting them. The reason this ending was fairly easily dismissed was that the director felt the gore of it didn't coincide with the rest of the movie, as up until that point there was no gore whatsoever. However, both actors have attested that this ending was most effective in terms of audience reaction.

It doesn't help that my neighbours have two kids who like running up and down the stairs all the time. It sounds exactly like it does in the movie. [bleep]ing hell.

EDIT: Fun fact, the movie was shot at the director/writer's own house.

2009rb9.jpg

Lol, Friday the 13th isn't scary, it's just a gorefest.

I prefer Nightmare on Elm Street. Freddy has a lot more fun then Jason does.

A lot of people I know either saw or are going to see paranormal activity. I'm to lazy to go and see it, I don't like to watch horror movies at the theater. There is always a couple of [bleep]s trying to make their friends laugh by being sarcastic and loud.

99 Hunter - November 1st, 2008

99 Cooking -July 22nd, 2009

99 Firemaking - July 29th, 2010

99 Fletching - December 30th, 2010

It's the fact that it's so realistic that makes it scary. The movie plays on stuff everyone can relate to: thinking you see something that isn't really there, waking up to strange noises, not being able to sleep, etc. The camework and acting is supposed to be excellent too. I've heard split opinions on the ending though, some people think it's cheesy while others love it.

Exactly. We don't actually SEE the demon, we just imagine it. And that's much creepier than watching a blood-thirsty demon killing everything in its path - that kind of "horror" is just not scary anymore. I think everything in this movie is brilliant, the sound, the acting is so natural, the slight shadows on the walls when the ghost walks in the room... I got the ending with the cops, but I'd like to see the cut-throat ending, I believe that would be a lot more disturbing.

Definitely, best horror movie of the year, imo. :thumbup:

Every path you have trod, through wilderness and through war, has led to this road...

It's the fact that it's so realistic that makes it scary. The movie plays on stuff everyone can relate to: thinking you see something that isn't really there, waking up to strange noises, not being able to sleep, etc. The camework and acting is supposed to be excellent too. I've heard split opinions on the ending though, some people think it's cheesy while others love it.

Exactly. We don't actually SEE the demon, we just imagine it. And that's much creepier than watching a blood-thirsty demon killing everything in its path - that kind of "horror" is just not scary anymore. I think everything in this movie is brilliant, the sound, the acting is so natural, the slight shadows on the walls when the ghost walks in the room... I got the ending with the cops, but I'd like to see the cut-throat ending, I believe that would be a lot more disturbing.

Exactly.

The fact that during a lot of scenes in the movie, you really expect to see something, like the dark figure Katie talked about seeing when she was little. In the windows, mirrors. Especially during the attic scene, where the camera pans around like crazy. Hollywood has taught us to expect a pair of glowing red eyes, a monster, a figure, a jump-out scare... or something. Something tangible. But no. Not even a glimpse of anything. And this is incredibly effective and scary, at least to me. You'd be so utterly powerless, and this stays with you afterwards.

2009rb9.jpg

This movie was just waste of time. Was expecting it to be at least good, but it was probably the worst movie I've watched from the beginning till the end this year. The acting was horrible (reminded of some B-class low budget amateur movie filmed in one shot), it wasn't scary at all and it was too easy to expect what is coming next.

I'm a huge fan of horror and violent movies, but this goes into the same category with Alex Jones' documentaries.

signaturehoh.jpg

I'd rather die for what I believe in than live for anything else.

Name Removed by Administrator ~Turtlefemm

• 3 weeks later...

It's a piece of junk.

This movie is nothing more than repeating a little trick for 90 minutes, and it's not a very good trick. It's never exciting, let alone scary. Next to that the characters are completely uninteresting and they do nothing else than yapping all this nonsense for ninety minutes, all the actions they take are very strange and well, there's no way to explain them (unless you see this movie as an excuse to rant about the macho-behaviour of the average male?). I think there was one moment I had to laugh, before and after that I've been bored the entire movie. :thumbdown:

It's a good thing the lights went on ten minutes before the end, I filed a complaint and we got free tickets for another movie.

Then you haven't seen "Drag me to Hell".

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

All I keep hearing about is how scary this is. That alone has put me off...

Never really been fond of horrors either.

rc1tzc.png

☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢

I get scared a little easier than normal people, so even though I know there are no such things as ghosts or demons I was still a little startled at times. It was getting pretty old after a while though, they could have made it half as long and still get the same feeling. Actually watching it right now, there is still about 15 minutes left but I just don't really care anymore.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

It was only scary for about the last 20 minutes or so.

[hide]Her getting dragged away by the demon and the ending.[/hide]

I wish it would've been longer and had more scary content, although it was a good movie nevertheless.

Levon.png Bladewing.png

It's great you know what you're talking about rustiod. Everything you've said is 100% accurate a true.

That being said...your a [bleep]ing [bleep] douchebag, and none of your advice will ever (or should ever) be taken seriously because of it.

disregard good advice because the giver is a douche

THAT MAKES YOU A BETTER PERSON