07-Oct-2009 - High-level Herblore Potions

Mdeoxys

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The new potions are no doubt useful, and magic has definitely gained its place in PvP combat and not just minigames. However, it seems that secondary skills can only be made worthwhile to train up to high levels only when the products are untradeable. I guess you can't have the best of both world; to have no fixed class system and yet make a secondary skill worthwhile to train. Are we going to see more untradeable productive, like high level food and armour?

EDIT: Just saw the table of the new potions. I think that it would have been better to add the tertiary ingredient to the normal potions instead of super potions. Leave the super sets to normal users with low herblore, and provide some use for the weaker version instead.

EDIT2: Now here's an interesting post on the RSOF:

If there going to remain untradeable Herblore should be added to your combat level showing how much more dangerous you are now.

:-?

Zepheras.png

"Do you really want to go back to the time when Falador was grey, lesser demon look like goats, dragons look like cows, hellhound look like cats and your character stands as stiff as a statue?"

-F1775

Ahhhhhhh why do i have to be done with slayer for now, could of hit stupid amounts. Updates like these make me giddy.

S_I_G.jpg

Those with a little bit of knowledge are more dangerous than those with none.

The release of Godswords and Dragon Claws significantly affected PvP; does this mean that the GWD and WGS updates were necessarily flawed because of this?

At least they were tradeable. :blink:

'All the better. :P

If these potions were tradeable, there'd be little reason for most people to train their Herblore into the 90s. Now, however, those who choose to do so will have a significant advantage over everyone else, so it actually places some meaning on training a noncombat skill for more than profit and achievement. Players aren't required to take advantage of this update in the slightest (Pkers, in particular, can still fight just as ably as they were before the update), but for those that do, they'll find it to be well worth their time--quite a refreshing turn of events.

This is truly functional, high-level content at work.

Interested in helping the Tip.It Crew?

Check out our Website Updates & Corrections Board!

Fey_Wanderer.png

Not surprisingly, I am very pleased with this update. I especially like the fact that the potions are untradeable, which still leaves the possibility open for lower levels to make money from this by gathering 2nd ingredients. High level herblorists aren't making money directly from this, they need to actually use the potions to their advantage.

Still enjoying the Living Rock caverns, so please keep up making updates like this in between. :thumbsup:

You're accusing me of bigotry, how ironic. It's a nice attempt at argument, but your responses are facile and asinine, if not diatribe. Who's arrogant now?

I think you need to put the high attack advantages in context - im 84 herblore and ranked 13k ish in the highscores - there will not be that many pkers who are high enough ranked in herblore to make these killer pots, yet.

And bear in mind the time and money it takes to train this skill to this level deserves a reward of some kind. I'm all for the well rounded player having an advantage.

G

Gda_Scooby.png

Overload is so strong that it racks the body with spasms and burns the digestive tract, so be prepared for 50 damage in chunks of 10 when you drink it! You will regain these 50 Hitpoints when the stat effects wear off.

Does the overload potion take 50 off your HP that can not be regained by eating? not much use for pvp if thats the case.

TERA.pngtera2.gif

tera.pngsig_corner.png

Thanks Gradeskip93 for my awesome sig!

I'm just very worried about the prices now, Herblore wasn't cheap to begin with.

But yeah, splendid update. I think my Greenman's ale (m) just quadripled or so in value, too.

Unknown_Warrior.jpegIgGCP.png

Dragon Drops : 5 Dragon Medium Helmets, 3 Dragon Claws, 3 Dragon platelegs, 2 Dragon plateskirts, 2 Dragon Hatchets, 2 Dragon Spears, 7 pairs of Dragon Boots, 1 Dragon pickaxe, 10 Dragon defenders, 3 Dragon 2h swords, 1 Dragon armour Slice, 1 Dragon armour Lump, 1 Dragon chainbody, 1 Dragon kiteshield, 1 Dragon hasta, 1 Dragon ward, 25 Dragon knives pairs
The Warrior's Blog , Herblore Habitat - Efficient and profitable

[hide=Stats and logs]

The_Warrior.png
.:Adventurer's Log:.

[/hide]

Issues we're aware of:

Mouse issues with Macs.

Ring of Dueling 5-8 don't have operate text.

The above should be fixed with a system update this afternoon.

Other Changes:

Fixed Clan Chat and Friends list issues.

Darkbow special attack now requires 65 energy up from 50.

I'll keep this updated as we find or fix issues.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

I find it weird, first people are complaining that mage is way underpowered, and now that it has an update people complain that it is way overpowered. :roll:

It was never underpowered to begin with, just unimaginative people who saw a max hit of 30 (33 with staffs update) and cried underpowered.

30jlfk0.png

Thanks to InsanityV2 for the sig

Looks like the upgrade year is indeed the best high level year so far. I had predicted extreme potions a while back (even the name!), but never thought they would be that high level or even untradeable, I don't mind. anyone willing to invest that much on a skill should get rewards accordingly. This game is getting better and better. Early grats on the next upgraded skill!

langerkiller.png

Follow the progress of top players and my weekly updates here: 200M in all Skills

Latest Milestones Chart update : page 602

Latest top 15 update : page 602

6 slowest skills chart : page 563

Epic update. Again. Last few weeks have been amazing.

Anyways, how much will my combat stats rise from 99 if I drink an extreme potion? And will the overload potion do the same, but instead to all combat stats? And ofcourse, inflict 50 damage. Wondering if it's worthwile to "upgrade" my super sets to extreme or overload potions for slayer.

Epic update. Again. Last few weeks have been amazing.

Anyways, how much will my combat stats rise from 99 if I drink an extreme potion? And will the overload potion do the same, but instead to all combat stats? And ofcourse, inflict 50 damage. Wondering if it's worthwile to "upgrade" my super sets to extreme or overload potions for slayer.

It will get you to 125 from 99. Anything giving a boost to slaying should be done IMO. But only upgrade the potions you need on the spot as not to clutter your bank. I have a feeling overload is mainly for pkers, or slayers ans campers with SGS, bunyip, unicorn or excalibur E

langerkiller.png

Follow the progress of top players and my weekly updates here: 200M in all Skills

Latest Milestones Chart update : page 602

Latest top 15 update : page 602

6 slowest skills chart : page 563

So, since this probably also included the "small" update to Magic JaGeX were talking about earlier, imagine the big update to Magic coming next year o_O I mean, if a small update takes the max up with +16, what can we expect from this big update :o

Anyways, one can of course discuss whether Magic is overpowered now, fact is, you need 91 Herblore to actually use the Extreme Magic potion, and not every single PKer has that. Also, take into account that the other sides of the triangle have received similar potions, so, in case you see someone in max mage running up to you, just take out that Dark Bow, sip your Extreme Ranging potion and rip his head off.

I hope there will be many more updates to skills like this to come :thumbup:

dirk4slayer.png

Chuck Norris doesn't ever need a compass; he randomly points somewhere and north goes there in order not to anger him.