Xfire XO Toolbar..is it against the rules?

XxTearGodxX

Not sure if anyone knows the answer to the question but I'll give some info on it.

Link to Xfire Messenger: http://www.xfire.com/

Link to Xfire XO Toolbar: http://www.xfire.com/cms/about_xo/

What it does:

Web Game Tracking

Automatically track and share your web gaming history.

Web games supported

Videos & Screenshots

Take videos and screenshots of Open GL web games.

Xfire Content

Easy access to the activity report, videos, screenshots and more.

Browser Toolbar

Xfire XO works in the latest versions of Firefox and Internet Explorer.

What I noticed is that you don't *need* to actually play RuneScape for it to track your time because once you are at the RuneScape website it begins tracking your time online.

I guess what it seems to do is track the time spent on a website? Also it doesn't interact with the game at all in any way so would it be against Jagex's rule to have this installed? And can we get in trouble for it?

Also I'm not sure if it matters, but you need Xfire installed for it to work, according to what the website says.

Here's a screenshot of it when it's inactive (It just displays my user name).

xfiretb1.jpg

Here's a screenshot of it when it's active (It's now displaying which game I am "playing" I'm not even logged in).

xfiretb2.jpg

xxteargodxx.png

Since all it does is monitor what website your on and for how long, as it does not interact with the game in anyway its not going to against any Jagex rules.

Although there is an easy way of detecting whether your Online or not just by listening to the JavaScript callbacks the game client calls when logging in or out. That can be done without any modification to the game code and therefore would not be against the rules either.

TERA.pngtera2.gif

tera.pngsig_corner.png

Thanks Gradeskip93 for my awesome sig!

Yup I been using Xfire for this ever since I started, but I don't use Firefox as my "Runescape[Caution: Executable File]" (Which is all Xfire seems to see...) I use SK, and talked to the creator of it. He made it so I could change the SK exe to Runescape[Caution: Executable File] and so now the world is in balance again. Yay.

Xfire rules... :thumbsup:

Add me if you want btw anyone. Name in sig.

Big_Stingman.png