Removal of new high level potions in PvP

The Observer

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why did they remove them from minigames too? >.<

Well, the only good thing to use them on is FFA Corp now... Or some other MHing

This is so short sighted. Extreme potions will give a significant boosts to any form of combat training. Slayer, which is the slowest skill to level, has just received a slight nudge upwards. Anyone with the level to make them and not using them is by definition, a noob.

If you were only talking about overload potions, you might be right, but you lack the ability to make yourself clear. Try school for a couple days, it helps.

langerkiller.png

Follow the progress of top players and my weekly updates here: 200M in all Skills

Latest Milestones Chart update : page 602

Latest top 15 update : page 602

6 slowest skills chart : page 563

Why it's difficult to understand? Herblore aid to combat, it should have a combat level.If it doesn't gives you a combat level then it shouldn't be on PVP, period.

By that attitude, cooking fish helps you in Pvp to stay alive. We MUST add cooking levels to PVP. People who fletch their own bows must have their combat levels incrased. People who craft their own dragonhide armour MUST have their combat levels incrased. ETC.

Jagex really need to completely rework how combat works in Runescape, making it much less random and having it actually represent what levels you have in your combat skills. Armour needs to reduce the max hit of someone attacking you. I fail to see how someone can hit a 75 on me when i'm wearing no armour, and still do the same when i'm in full Statius?

asrhasrh.jpg

They should've just removed the potions completely because it has no use now. Do people use super pots while monster hunting? Rarely.

Yeah...It's called a speed boost. I use super pots almost always, when I stockpile extreme pots I'll prolly use them for slayer etc as well. Now if you're saying at god wars guess you have a point, space tends to be at a premium but might end up taking extreme attack instead of combat pots now. I could see the extreme pots making a difference at corp more so then most other bosses.

It's mostly only good at Bandos when crashing, like what I meant with most bosses you need more hp boosting potions/items.

Not for high level teams. Even at saradomin, I use absolutely no supplies unless I am afk and get hit. Otherwise, pony and sgs heal me and keep prayer high enough so that I can just use altar for prayer, and that is with piety. Mainly I see this helping smaller teams do bosses, maybe with 1 less person. Otherwise, that and a slight slayer speed boost, this update was basically nullified. Fail Jagex, Fail.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

Why it's difficult to understand? Herblore aid to combat, it should have a combat level.If it doesn't gives you a combat level then it shouldn't be on PVP, period.

By that attitude, cooking fish helps you in Pvp to stay alive. We MUST add cooking levels to PVP. People who fletch their own bows must have their combat levels incrased. People who craft their own dragonhide armour MUST have their combat levels incrased. ETC.

Jagex really need to completely rework how combat works in Runescape, making it much less random and having it actually represent what levels you have in your combat skills. Armour needs to reduce the max hit of someone attacking you. I fail to see how someone can hit a 75 on me when i'm wearing no armour, and still do the same when i'm in full Statius?

Cooked fish, bows and dragonhide armour are all tradeable, just sayin'.

And about the full Statius thing, you lose the items upon death. It's a risk vs. reward system. You don't lose Herblore levels upon death.

Anyways, I'm not trying to get into an argument here really, I'm just stating facts. I'm neutral with this update, and don't really care, since I don't PK much these days anyway.

[insert birds flying in a circle here]

Yes, that sig was annoying.

In this case, Herblore gives you a clear advantage that others do not have, and therefore should add to your Combat Level. The ability of cooking Monks doesn't give you an advantage: a player with a lower cooking level could just buy the cooked Monks off the GE.

I think removing the pots from PvP is a good thing, however, removing them from Minigames as well was a stretch too far.

dirk4slayer.png

Chuck Norris doesn't ever need a compass; he randomly points somewhere and north goes there in order not to anger him.

Cooked fish, bows and dragonhide armour are all tradeable, just sayin'.

And about the full Statius thing, you lose the items upon death. It's a risk vs. reward system. You don't lose Herblore levels upon death.

Anyways, I'm not trying to get into an argument here really, I'm just stating facts. I'm neutral with this update, and don't really care, since I don't PK much these days anyway.

Getting the best rank in Mobilizing Armies gives access to the best combat rings... Should Jagex give combat levels to thoses with the maximum rank in MA?

This is exactly the same thing. I don't mind that people with dedication get better rewards. This move by Jagex is the result of giving in to the typical lazily built pker. This is a slap in the face to all mains out there. I still think the potions are nice and the update a good thing, but that removal leaves a bitter taste in my mouth.

langerkiller.png

Follow the progress of top players and my weekly updates here: 200M in all Skills

*takes herb offers out of ge*

Anyways, what's stopping people from drinking it outside pvp and then hopping to pvp?

That's a pretty good question.

langerkiller.png

In this case, Herblore gives you a clear advantage that others do not have, and therefore should add to your Combat Level. The ability of cooking Monks doesn't give you an advantage: a player with a lower cooking level could just buy the cooked Monks off the GE.

I think removing the pots from PvP is a good thing, however, removing them from Minigames as well was a stretch too far.

Void is untradeable so that should be allowed in PvP?

As is anchor.

Unradeable doesn't mean they can't be used in PvP thats just a poor, poor excuse which people are using because they don't like having a disavantage in PvP.

If they made supers untradeable would it be unfair?

Nope its all part of player development, when I started pre-GE and trade limits the only real way to get potions was to make them yourself.

You either brought in bulk, had to repeatedly go to world 2 or make them yourself.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

As is anchor.

Unradeable doesn't mean they can't be used in PvP thats just a poor, poor excuse which people are using because they don't like having a disavantage in PvP.

Nope its all part of player development, when I started pre-GE and trade limits the only real way to get potions was to make them yourself.

You either brought in bulk, had to repeatedly go to world 2 or make them yourself.

Don't you lose imbued rings upon death? Don't you lose void upon death? Seems you two either missed my point or don't understand the concept of risk vs. reward.

Edit: Oh and sure, the potions are lost upon death, but what is that compared to void or imbued rings? You don't lose the time you've spent on leveling your herblore up.

So, the people who whined about these new potions because they didn't have the requisite levels get what they want.

Maybe the people who don't have the requisite MA rank should also rant and have the combat rings removed. I mean, a cheapo dragonstone ring performs better than the DK rings.

Or PKers who don't have enough quest points or skills to do RFD should demand that barrows gloves should be removed. I mean, +12 to all (but mage) attack stats? Overpowered amirite.

And why the hell did they remove them from mini-games?? You don't lose anything there. And there's already skill advantage in some of them, like slayer in soul wars. Getting hit +90 in a mini-game doesn't make you go "0mg herblore n33b" it makes you go "Holy crap"

-.-

When you go feather dragon god, you never go back.

Having an AGS is an advantage in PvP which doesn't add to your combat level... The argument that something is tradeable is neither here nor there.. Firstly since players have to somehow earn the cash in the first place (therefore making 91+ rc a big advantage to PvP?) and secondly since it's how they choose to spend that cash. 95m for an AGS could quite easily have been spent buying the levels for 90+ herby.

Players who put the time and effort into levelling their skills *should* have an advantage over those too lazy to bother.

Mordendravid.png

As is anchor.

Don't you lose imbued rings upon death? Don't you lose void upon death? Seems you two either missed my point or don't understand the concept of risk vs. reward.

Edit: Oh and sure, the potions are lost upon death, but what is that compared to void or imbued rings? You don't lose the time you've spent on leveling your herblore up.

Same thing for imbued rings.... you can get another enchanted as long as you have the rank and the credits.

If you compare two players with the same stats and gear but one has the ability to get an imbued ring vs the other one with a plain ring... Should the one with the MA rank get a higher combat level base on the "possibility" to have that ring? You also don't lose the time you spent getting your MA rank when you die.

langerkiller.png

Why it's difficult to understand? Herblore aid to combat, it should have a combat level.

If it doesn't gives you a combat level then it shouldn't be on PVP, period.

Then quest points should also aid to your combat level. After, I'm quite a lot stronger with barrows gloves then someone who doesn't. Heck, even fight caves should give combat levels... =\

When everything's been said and done, more has been said than done.

All skills 80+

angel2w.gif

*takes herb offers out of ge*

Anyways, what's stopping people from drinking it outside pvp and then hopping to pvp?

That's a pretty good question.

My guess would be they'll have put in place something similar to the logic that stops you drinking a super-set in p2p and having the advantage when hopping to f2p..

Mordendravid.png

Pvpers weren't forced to train their skills, just like everything else in the game its optional. It does amaze me how Jagex listens to the minority (pkers) just because they scream the loudest.

If you get 96 herb, you earn that level, you should be able to use these potions everywhere.

But I know I will get flamed, here is my compromise,

All these new potions should be allowed in SAFE PvP areas.

EDIT 1: Whats going to happen when Jagex releases new untradable amour and weapon?

xSoulgazer

Elysian Sigil ---- 11/24/10 ---- 550M

Once again, the lazy players win.

Could not agree more. To win you actually have to put some effort into training, so what if somebody else has the herb levels, they put the effort in to do it. It's much like the difference between somebody have a whip and an AGS in pvp,

I agree fully.

]

*tries not to flame to keep modness*

The extra levels gained from these potions are no more than the extra benefits of doing desert treasure quest for ancients, or money making for a few days to get your first whip. Should those things also be disabled from PVP? If its all about things taking time to get, being disabled from pvp, no items whatsoever should be allowed. Its absurd to think that just because you can't be arsed to work for something in a MMO, nobody should be able to. If you want to keep that attitude through life where any work to achieve things is to hard, so nobody else is allowed to do it, you are going to get one hell of a hit when you enter the real world yourself.

Edited by Laikrob
Offensive quote removed

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

Ah I see. I currently don't have the MA rank for imbued rings, so I didn't know that it doesn't cost anything to imbue them. I thought it costed a big amount of credits or whatever those are called. This could be used very well as an argument against this update.

And about barrows gloves: you lose them upon death.

Anyways, now I'm leaving... It's just the same arguments repeated over and over :P

Thank you for showing us the I.Q. of a typical pker. I have nothing more to say as you kinda prove my point. You want to have fun, sure, but as long as no one has an advantage over you because you are lazy to get that advantage yourself.

Edited by Laikrob
Offensive quote removed

langerkiller.png

Pvpers weren't forced to train their skills, just like everything else in the game its optional. It does amaze me how Jagex listens to the minority (pkers) just because they scream the loudest.

If you get 96 herb, you earn that level, you should be able to use these potions everywhere.

But I know I will get flamed, here is my compromise,

All these new potions should be allowed in SAFE PvP areas.

EDIT 1: Whats going to happen when Jagex releases new untradable amour and weapon?

Pkers will gurn that they can get it in loot and it'll be removed.

newsigb.png

99 Attack - Done

I can't decide if this is satire or not, because I'm not sure I could have written something funnier if I had tried.

Either you're a genius of sarcasm, or an idiot. I'm going to go with idiot - because your post reads like a toddler's temper tantrum. Sure it's a game, but what fun is a game if you can faceroll your character into a good PvPer?

Obviously you've never experienced the real world, which is funny because you throw that out there like it's some game-ending nuke. In the real world, in ANY world, accomplishment is about working for it, not having it given to you.

I'd be totally surprised if you weren't one of the "OMG PWNED YOU N33B" yelling Pkers. In other words, the pre-pubescent pond scum of the game.

Edit: Way too slow. And Danq, that's why I am glad that I'm retired Staff AND retired Mod. :-)

Edited by Laikrob
Offensive quote removed

You're not being forced to do anything. Same as you can choose to use a d-scimmy rather than do the work required to get d claws/whip/GS etc.. Just that those who do choose to do the extra work have an advantage, but hey, no biggy, if you lose it's only a game right?

Edited by Laikrob
Offensive quote removed
Mordendravid.png