Ohh mad. so you're going for 99?

ford_landau

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'll admit, i get a great sense of pride in seeing that 99 next to the skill icon and the sense of accomplishment is the main reason I go for 99s, although I do love skillcapes (I can't even stand wearing regular capes nowadays, I like the look of skillcapes too much.) I currently have Cooking and Quest Point capes, but hopefully they will be joined soon by Firemaking and maybe I'll get Magic someday (i'm content at 94).

However, 99 parties are pathetic. I actually laugh out loud when i see people at the GE telling people "folo for 99 fletch!!!@!@!@"

I had one good friend with me for 99 Cooking because he wanted to see me get it, and I didn't even tell anyone i got all quests finished except for a "Woot all quests done!" in clan chat. I don't ever plan to have a 99 party.

I want 80 + all stats in hope one day Jagex bring out an 80+ all skills requirement. That'd make my day, especially if the reward was like ... 5 .... 1 mil xp lamps? I can dream k.

jd4mfinalsmal0jp.gif

Proper Daily blogging including Starcraft 2!

Includes goal for 80+ all stats

I only have two 99s:

Woodcutting

- I just WCed lots. I started going for 99 when I was 88wc, and eventually got there. I did not powercut teaks, at all. I did a bit of willows, but mostly yews. I did it in free to play too, gaining some money. It was hell crowded though.

I'm a bit annoyed now that you can cut Ivy without having to drop anything... botting 99 wc must be easy now -.-

Range

- I love range. I chinned a couple of levels, but after that thought 'Nah, I'd rather finish off range doing it properly', and so I went back to the ol' broad bolting Mutated Velds.

Both of these skills actually got me quite a bit of my homework done, since they are quite multi-taskable ones :D

Chris2fer381.png

I only have two 99s:

Woodcutting

- I just WCed lots. I started going for 99 when I was 88wc, and eventually got there. I did not powercut teaks, at all. I did a bit of willows, but mostly yews. I did it in free to play too, gaining some money. It was hell crowded though.

I'm a bit annoyed now that you can cut Ivy without having to drop anything... botting 99 wc must be easy now -.-

Range

- I love range. I chinned a couple of levels, but after that thought 'Nah, I'd rather finish off range doing it properly', and so I went back to the ol' broad bolting Mutated Velds.

Both of these skills actually got me quite a bit of my homework done, since they are quite multi-taskable ones :D

I've never done more study than I have at ivy's. After i get 99 wc I'll be a bit sad my afk task is gone. Maybe I'll switch to sharks whenever I need more study done.

jd4mfinalsmal0jp.gif

personally I could say "I'm going for 99 blank in blank weeks" all I want, but the truth is, I'll never have that much patience.

For example, I like to keep my goals in range; I'm going for 92 Farming rather then putting 99 into my head; all though I plan on getting there anyway.

bike.png

Suggest a poll for Tip.it - Here!

I only have two 99s:

Woodcutting

Range

I've never done more study than I have at ivy's. After i get 99 wc I'll be a bit sad my afk task is gone. Maybe I'll switch to sharks whenever I need more study done.

I actually regret my 99 woodcutting in a way. It's not THAT good money, and the fishing cape looks cooler D:

Though, in my defence, I was F2P.

As I said before, if you plan on ranging and have done the quest "Legacy of Seergaze": If you use broad bolts, each Mutated Bloodveld should take around a minute to kill (at the high levels); the level 146s have 196hp.

Chris2fer381.png

I don't feel the need to have parties. I've only held one party my during my entire RS playing time and that was for my first 99, which was cooking. I got it back before skillscapes and was around the first 2,500 to get it. That's when any 99 was a real achievement, even though I will admit it still only took about 3 days to go from 85-99.

Now, I hate parties and I find no point. I didn't even have a party for 99 Slayer and that is one of the hardest 99s to get AND I took years to get it.

I think going straight for a 99 is a good goal, but I also don't think you should be discouraged if you don't make it there in one go. Most people, myself included, don't.

archsupportei2.png

outsanitysig1jc0.png

|2,300+ Total|138 Combat|12 Lvl 99 Skills|99 Slayer|blogbutton.png

I personally don't really care for them. My friends are grind-maniacs and they always pressure me to get a skillcape. They always say my questcape is nooby, which is a matter of fact, harder to get than a skillcape. well now its just normally expected to have mutiple skillcapes by everyone. Guess I'll have to get 99 woodcutting eventually

You will remember this signature at a very wierd time.

PS. you lost the game.

I'm going for 99 firemaking for one reason, It's the only thing keeping me playing, After this.. I don't know what i'm going to do :wall:

You are welcome to do firemaking for me.

I totally hate the skill and do not see the point of it, as well as being a huge cash burner. Why burn logs when you can sell them?

witchylucy.png

I went for 99 Fishing because it was one of only two skills I love doing (Fishing & Slayer). I chose to get 99 Fishing because the skillcape and emote are real nice, I knew getting this 99 would be a challenege and it brought me in over 45,000,000gp.

libertherme.png

I think skill capes give an added incentive, but really, all they do is make public your achievement. Given how time consuming skills are to get to 99 I think any player who gets that milestone absolutely deserves to be able to show that fact off if they so choose.

I would also advocate a "total maxxed lvl" skill cape for those players with 99 in all skills, maybe animated like the fire cape and with some ridiculous emote to go with it as well.

I do appreciate that the advent of skill capes has given rise to players training up the so-called 'easier skills' solely with a view to getting a cape, but is there really that much of an incentive to train fletching to 99 otherwise?

As much as Slayer, Runecrafting, mining and agility capes catch my eye in particular, I do personally still notice all the other capes worn by players as even the quickest to level are no small achievement.

Mordendravid.png

I have 11 lvl99 skills, or maybe 12, but I only have 2 skill capes. Don't even bother to buy them. I am sure before the skill capes came out, many players still aimed for 99s. I was one of them.

long answer but,

i'll say momentum. people like to stick with a task, even when you're sticking with 1 task you can still be doing it in a way that doesnt ignore other areas of the game. but momentum and determination for why people want to get from 80 to 99. also love of the skill. there's been skills i've enjoyed very much training for the benefits i got from that skill plus i just enjoyed the atmospheres surrounding the training of that skill etc.

for general 99's- i like the challenge involved and the planning and the fact there are so many different ways to train, you can train for speed, for leisure, for money, or for supplies for other skills. but choosing the path you take is something only you can decide and following through with it and achieving a level 99 is a satisfying achievement.

i try to train all my skills to support my overall character and the direction it and the game is going. so, i like the challenge of all the various options being there and all the varying possibilities. i like seeing a plan come to fruition. during the process you do learn things and that give you new insights about the game etc.

i'd be lying if i didnt say i learned from other player's strategies too, but i've created my own as well and for me the type of atmosphere i'm surrounded by in game is the biggest factor for how i train, where i train, and with what i train and what i train.

i think there are some skills that i really enjoyed so much i would settle for nothing less than the max in that skill. so i went for it. i will say there are times when the leveling is easy and times when it was very difficult but the original momentum and plan and drive was strong enough to get through those tougher times and every time i rediscovered my love for the skill; i'm mostly thinking of runecrafting, because that was my most 'epic' 99 as far as i'm concerned.

it's funny becuase when i first started i got to rank 300 in mining and that was mainly to support my smithing. but i did it also because i enjoyed it. mining was a little different in rsc. 30 inventory slots. but i had no idea about the mining rank and i was totally surprised to see it at the time and at that time it was kind of a pride thing where you wanted your smithing level to be around your mining level and of course i wanted to mine runite and i did... and the day rsc turned into rs2 i had been completely obvlious and i didnt even know that was gonna happen. i wasnt aware of it, but it was a pretty cool surprise. :) and i still did what i had planned to do that day and that was mining and superheating. but mining was one of my last 99's it was a first love and a love but not my greatest love.

[hide=-this is my signature- guides i've written]full list is at the top of <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?f=180&t=775754">viewtopic.php?f=180&t=775754</a><!-- l -->[/hide]

well it's pretty obvious which 99 I have *points to sig*

anyways, I went for it because I pretty much love the skill, and to be honest, I'd rather be mining than doing combat or boss hunting or etc. mining has just always appealed to me; in f2p, I believe it was my highest non combat skill (at something around 60-65). but I really never dreamed of getting 99 in it until recently, and some of the reason was yes indeed the skill capes. but I had fun mining, not really making it into a grind fest nor getting it solely for the purpose of showing off probably one of the top 3 most tedious 99s to get (all 3 are equally challenging, so there isn't really any order you can put them in; mining, agility, RC).

would I get 99 again? probably not since I 'wasted' a whole year getting it. but will I eventually return to the mines after a crafting/alching break (which I'm currently getting 99 in those two skills)? mos def.

modmarkl.jpg
~ 3,072nd to 99 Mining on August 30th, 2009 ~
~ 112,084th to 99 Magic on April 16th, 2011 ~

~ 131,681st to 99 Crafting on March 29, 2019 ~

~ 178,385th to 99 Prayer on April 2, 2019 ~

~ 234,921st to 99 Defence on May 9, 2019 ~

~ 173,480th to 99 Herblore on June 21, 2019 ~

~ 155,160th to 99 Smithing on July 16, 2019 ~

Now it is part of runescape "culture" to go for a 99 skill and have a subsequent "party"

In RSC there were parties every night at the Blue Moon Inn. I think that counts as "culture".

Unfortunately, they died off with the release of RS2 :(

My signature got deleted :(

And I lost all the links. Thanks Gandorf61.

Now it is part of runescape "culture" to go for a 99 skill and have a subsequent "party"

In RSC there were parties every night at the Blue Moon Inn. I think that counts as "culture".

They sure did :( The more rs2 continues updating, the lonlier it gets :(

jd4mfinalsmal0jp.gif

They sure did :( The more rs2 continues updating, the lonlier it gets :(

I feel you there.

My signature got deleted :(

And I lost all the links. Thanks Gandorf61.

Hell yeah!! Parties at the Inn and then 24/7 drop parties at World 1 above Varrok Museum. Those were the days ehh??

Anyways, I only ever go for 99's which serve use to me e.g. Higher Combat levels = added damage. And also, I like to get requirements for quests and diaries. I would never dream of grinding a skill like fletching/cooking/firemaking for simply a Cape. *Check Sig*

It's been a hell of a ride.

2002-2013

i got 99 fishing because of the achevement feeling i get afterward... i got it in f2p which make it super special and it was great ^.^ toke me 8 months but the point is, i achieve something not alot of people get... alot of people say i m mad for getting 99 fish in f2p, but it was fun... if u are getting a skill to 99 because u want it, then you are not enjoying that skill and should stop :shame:

huntintheenemy-1.png

Legendz - 100+ F2p combat !! Join today and get TWO free cookies @@@@@

crowngolduh9.gif - Proud Leader of LEGENDZ

warsword.gif - Proud Warlord of Clan Europe

To be honest, what's the sense in getting 99 in combat stats if someone of a lower level can kill you with luck?

Geez, that's quite a negative attitude. Why bother raising any moneymaking skills if someone can just get a 3a item from a treasure trail and laugh at your efforts?

The point is you at least want to improve your chances. You're playing the wrong game if you mind luck.

Anyways, Runescape is a basically a game about accomplishment, and 99 capes are the easiest way to show it off. I may not have liked the entire getting 99 str process, but I enjoy every "nice str" I hear. However, I don't see myself getting a 99 with no tangible benefit.

I'm going for 99 firemaking for one reason, It's the only thing keeping me playing, After this.. I don't know what i'm going to do :wall:

You are welcome to do firemaking for me.

I totally hate the skill and do not see the point of it, as well as being a huge cash burner. Why burn logs when you can sell them?

why cut logs when you can 76k trick and then buy the logs... The problem with most gathering skills is that there are better ways to make money.

Check it out, huge amount of effort has gone into this massive mod!

ODG6e0M.png

[hide=old sig]

newsig.png

[/hide]