My Gallery

NoFuns

Within the past 2 weeks, I've been practicing using the Adobe Master Collection CS4 that i just got. :ugeek:

I've just been trying to challenge myself by making more and more difficult things.

Project 1:

This one was made in 2 parts using the pen tool in Fireworks.

I combined the paper and the person in photoshop and added the effect, hoping to make it look like an old piece of paper.

All of the graphic are done by hand using the pen tool alone, and custom gradients.

2iboy14.jpg]

Project 2:

This one is a background done entirely in fireworks.

The guitar, again, is made using only the pen tool (i love that thing)

Pretty simple, tell me what you like/dislike about it

2i6mg03.jpg]

Project 3:

This one is done by using the rectangle tool and the scaling is done with the Distort tool.

The grass and concrete textures, i used a guide to learn how to make them in photo shop, so those are also custom.

However, the wood-grain texture used in the trim of the house was one that i downloaded.

I'd like to get a lot of feedback on this. Especcially what i COULD have done better, because i ran out of ideas at the end <_< :wall:

ambg55.jpg]

Project 4:

Drawing people in different scenes is what i would like to do most.

This is my first attempt at drawing a realistic body part.

In my opinion, the bones in the hand don't look good. if anyone has a suggestion for doing those, or any other part better, please let me know.

(after i finished, it looked like my hand was reaching for something. so i threw some coins together)

Here's my hand.

2aeox0h.jpg

A couple days ago I made a similar hand, and created my own skin texture, applied it, and shaded it with the brush tool.

The bottom of the thumb and the opposite bit don't line up at all. For a practice piece, i think its ok tho.

If you have any suggestions besides what i just pointed out, leave a few words, thanks.

Here it is:

16gh178.jpg

On my latest project, I've created a background using no filters, styles, or live-effects. The only adjustment that I applied to anything, was opacity changes.

I think it turned out ok, this was my first attempt at making a detailed vector on Adobe Illustrator.

The scroll thing, bubbles, and ribbons are all done on Illustrator, and i used the brush tool to color them in.

Tell me what you think, i personally think that this is my best background yet.

2vj74v6.jpg

My project tonight was to create a banner for my school's Band and Chorus page.

The music notes, time signature, treble cleff, staff, and paper were all done on illustrator using the pen tool.

The text and background were done on fireworks. The inner glow around the outside is the color of the page it will be on, so if it looks like it doesnt exactly need to be there, thats why.

This will be the second graphic i've designed for my school's site, and will hopefully be up by morning. ;-)

2l9plox.png

I might be doing these for a couple days. I won't post any new art for a day or two, because they will all be the same general idea, only changing the text and the vector background on the paper.

I'd like some feed back on this, it will be viewed by the public, so i'd like to know how i can make it better.

Tonight, i had my first attempt at following a tutorial on editing a photograph.

It looks like horse [wagon], and its likely that i'll stick with illustratored images :rolleyes:

Take a look, i followed this tutorial from PdsTuts Tutorial

a5r4l.jpg

Now i remember why i do everything from scratch :angry:

Feedback and criticism are always helpful, always considered, and (usually) always applied later on. :)

14cseg4.gif

Draw what you see, not what you think-you-see. --Carl Purcell

Good work, I know most beginners wouldn't even know what the pentool is and it's function. You, on the other hand have. You've grasped the basics, but I notice that you use blending options/layer styles/filters too much. This is more a personal opinion, but work looks much better without filters.

I do know one guy who offers lessons on pentool/vectoring, $35 I believe for a few lessons; this is some of his artwork.

Good luck, I think you could do great.

2257AD.TUMBLR.COM

Thanks littleboy. I've gotten some ideas from those, i'll probably toss a in a concept from one of those soon.

Adren - Thats because the guitar was simple as hell. :wink: Thanks tho!

I'll try to add in some flow to my next background.

I think adding other 3D objects (besides the guitar for example) would really bring the background out.

Abstract lines using Viscous Alien Paint and a drop shadow came to mind first.

Thanks you two for your feedback.

Can someone also tell me... how to add "hide" buttons on my post, so I can hide all images except for the most recently posted items?

Please and thanks :-P

More coming soon.

14cseg4.gif

that's what i'm hoping to do next.

tomorrow night or maybe the next day, i'll hopefully have a hand in action with more time spent on details, not just outline work.

14cseg4.gif

With new work I just quietly look at it and close the tab, but yours is.. weird? :)

It's interesting because I never heard of the program you're using. I do have a little tip for you though- don't try to advance to quickly, keep your work simple and familiar yourself with the program until you can't learn any more. Gradually increase the difficulity of your work so you know how you did it, hence why you get used to the program first.

Keep making stuff, I can tell that you'll get a lot better.

:D

Dart.jpg

Getting used to the pen tool this early is great. My only advice is try to not stray to using random filters and stuff, they make your work look terrible most of the time if you don't use them right.

A few people have said that to me. Looking at that picture now, i can see how "adding flashiness" to it wasnt the best of ideas.

It probably wouldn't look so juvenile if had left those out. thanks for the feedback, ill probably have my current project up by tonight.

14cseg4.gif

I really like your star and bubble thing. It looks really good and I would agree that it is your best piece so far. Keep up the great work! Can't wait to see what your going to be creating a month or two down the road! :smile:

tFtfA.jpg

I agree with steve, it's your best :D

The bubbles look a tad odd, I think it's the placement of that brown thing in the centre.

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

Thanks guys. I asked the guy who runs the website for my school, and he agreed to let me make the graphics for the web site (assuming they turn out well)

I'm gonna make a few panels for the web site, ill post them here :razz:

I'm really liking illustrator, more on the way! Thanks again everyone!

14cseg4.gif

New banner up, and it's going on the school website tonight :)

Also, if anyone wants a copy of any of my vectors, I'll be glad to share them.

Some of the detail is lost on photoshop, but the music notes and banners look really clean on illustrator. Can provide colored or blank.

Thanks everyone for staying involved with my thread. The feedback has, without a doubt, impacted how my work turns out.

So keep thowing me tips :)

14cseg4.gif

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone. i havent posted anything new in ages. I've been doing stuff for my schools website and slacking :(

Ill spend tonight and get a new piece up. RS has been keeping me preoccupied. Im hoping to get back on track right now.

Edit: I spent most of my time today making a piece for SOTW. After the party is over on that tread, ill post it here or exchange it for my current one.

Also made my avitar last night on illustrator. I wont post it, its already all over this thread :?

14cseg4.gif

• 3 weeks later...

new piece up, it isnt from scratch this time. the picture is me, but i did not take it.

(I only had that shirt on for a second, i swear)

Tell me what you think, its for a background image

14cseg4.gif