The Official PS3 Thread

Sam

2nlvci0.jpg

Welcome to the Playstation 3 Thread!

Discuss games, experiences, achievement, online games, Playstation Network and also exchange PSN ID's!

Download the latest system software here - just create a folder called "PS3" and inside that, one called "Update".

[spoiler=PSN's - Just make sure you say you are from TIF when you add them] Tip.it name - PSN

VjuliusT - DeSkA

Killermana43 - Vortex43

InsanityV2 - Goaliekid

Faiyaz101 - ElSuperNova

Sworddude198 - sworddude198

godojoy - zygis1

Kalphiteman4 - betlwedl

Jgrazotis - Grazotis

Swordhand20 (TheValeyard?) - TheValeyard

krisc6 - Britishbulldozer

Stevepole - VespineFlyer

Vansing - V4NS1NG

henman888 - Gunfighter45

ReapMe - Brokencuts

nice_guy221 - Legend520

armybuilder - Armybuilder

fubol - Lilspanyol

fadooda - A_Real_Fool

Zeddude - Zeddude

GaVaTi - DiamZ

jgrazotis - Grazotis

TheBatman - aaa115

Brolly04 - ReeL_Snake

Nox344 - Rammpiej

Bloodkay - Bloodkay

Aka_Chao - Muskii

littleboy - diiscovery

killerwatt - AeOn_OpTiCcz

Verminox - Pungza

Jaziek - Jazzy_Heck

Districtofdeath - Districtofdeath

Big_Stingman - big_stingman

zot_muske - Royalfreshyness

Silversword - Ruerinsama

abbydog95 - Skaterguy1224

Mazemeout - DoctorFrenzy

DUELMASTER30 - Aviansie-

Aussietroopa - Jaysues

Kasalisk - KxRacer159

Nadril - Nadril_

ultimania92 - Synthis_XZ

Dakr06 - Wadie87

mckinzy5 ~ JTB2014MCK

Misterknowitall - Rudger007

bouwzie - Bouwzie

If you have a question, don't hesitate to ask!

2257AD.TUMBLR.COM

• Replies 770
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Currently playing Killzone 2, two trophies away from platinum. Elite was a [bleep], just have the last two valor ones left. Next week, Wipeout HD is coming out on bluray so will pick that up along with Uncharted 2.

Edited by Kcdragon8116
Don't evade the censor.
k9999-crazyarm.gif

I'm currently playing PURE, Motorstorm: Pacific Rift and Burnout: Paradise. You can see my PSN ID in my signature space, if you'd like to add me, just PM me first :)

2257AD.TUMBLR.COM

Here is a list of PSN names from the old PSN topic.

Tip.it name - PSN

VjuliusT - DeSkA

Killermana43 - Vortex43

InsanityV2 - Goaliekid

Faiyaz101 - ElSuperNova

Sworddude198 - sworddude198

godojoy - zygis1

Kalphiteman4 - betlwedl

Jgrazotis - Grazotis

Swordhand20 (TheValeyard?) - TheValeyard

krisc6 - Britishbulldozer

Stevepole - VespineFlyer

Vansing - V4NS1NG

henman888 - Gunfighter45

ReapMe - Brokencuts

nice_guy221 - Legend520

armybuilder - Armybuilder

fubol - Lilspanyol

fadooda - A_Real_Fool

Zeddude - Zeddude

GaVaTi - DiamZ

jgrazotis - Grazotis

TheBatman - aaa115

Brolly04 - ReeL_Snake

Nox344 - Rammpiej

Bloodkay - Bloodkay

Aka_Chao - Muskii

tFtfA.jpg

I don't think we have any games that you can play online. My brother has a ps3 but he pretty much lets me use it.

I think the only games we have are Prototype, Deadspace and MGS4.

I've just played Deadspace ): Scary.

EDIT: Yeah, anyone play Fifa? I'd love to play someone from here.

rc1tzc.png

☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢

I mainly play single player games on my PS3, currently playing Dead Space with a bit of Oblivion on the side.

Ray if you're going to use a controller on a PC it's probably a much better idea to use a 360 controller. You can buy an adpater allowing you to use wireless controllers on a PC, or a wired controller. It might be personal preference but I think the 360 controller is better. Theres not that much in it, but the 360 controler fits in your hand better.

Ray if you're going to use a controller on a PC it's probably a much better idea to use a 360 controller. You can buy an adpater allowing you to use wireless controllers on a PC, or a wired controller. It might be personal preference but I think the 360 controller is better. Theres not that much in it, but the 360 controler fits in your hand better.

I've grown up using PS controllers since I was 4, I have better reactions with them and I have never used an Xbox360 controller.. properly.

As for using the PS3 controller, all you need is a USB->MiniUSB cord and to download a driver for it to work as a gamepad(?)

I dont need a siggy no moar.

After using many different controllers, I can say that the PS3 controller is not one of the best. First off the left trigger is too far to the inside, second complaint would be the secondary shoulders are buttons rather than triggers, and lastly it doesn't contour to your hand as well as other controllers. I'd choose the regular X-Box, 360, Dreamcast or GameCube controllers over it.

I do like the smoothness of the triggers though, that is nice.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

Yea sorry for having a different opinion..?

I mean if I personally find it more useable then I actually find it more useable.

Telling me [cabbage] aint gonna do [cabbage] :/

I mean if I personally find it more useable then I actually find it more useable.

Umm, I was putting in my opinion about which controllers were the best. Don't get your panties in a bunch.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

Umm, I was putting in my opinion about which controllers were the best. Don't get your panties in a bunch.

I was talking to Vale =.=

And yeah I havent, why? Because I didnt like it :|

Does anyone use a mic when playing online? I really need to get one for when I play games online I feel secluded not having the option to talk.

There is a reason why my bro hides the headset whenever I play online (´∩ ` )

But yeah, I use a headset.

I was the same but after using an Xbox controller for a couple of days I found it better.

The only thing I really dislike about the xbox controller is the position of the dpad. I think I prefer it on the PS controller where it's easier to handle. Analogue on the PS's controller is in a good position too because you can still handle it really well even though your thumbs are in an odd position.

rc1tzc.png

☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢

Does anyone use a mic when playing online? I really need to get one for when I play games online I feel secluded not having the option to talk.

I usually only play with random people, and they're no help and bothersome. I don't want to hear their ©rap music or them eating. I have a Playstation Bluetooth that I never use anymore because I recently bought a turtlebeach headset for $80 off Amazon.

41HnEfrBgrL.jpg

Those are probably a little to hardcore for me. ha. What do you think of the playstation bluetooth headset? Is it worth getting?

When I bought mine it was 50 dollars which is only 30 dollars cheaper than the headset and the bluetooth isn't that great. Sure, it gets the job done and it's wireless, but it covers one ear that you need to hear the game, no noise cancellation feature, and gets uncomfortable after medium to long sessions in use. If you really want one, I'd sell you mine for 20 bucks...

And the real hardcore headset is the Astro A40 headset which is $250+ depending on how many bonus accessories you want with it ($250 is the bare minimum).

I don't tend to use a mic online, it'd just add to the lag I get sometimes.

Mind if I add you, districtofdeath, and jaziek?

I'm about to go on Motorstorm: Pacific Rift, if anyone owns the game and would like to join me then you are free to do so!

2257AD.TUMBLR.COM