The Official PS3 Thread

Sam

• Replies 770
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Every now and then if I wait and try a few times I can get into one but than it drops on me.

Kind of disappointing.

Also I just realized MvC3 is coming out in like a week. [bleep] man I just don't have the money for all this stuff XD.

Luckily I have a gift card to gamestop still that I'll probably get KZ3 with. I'm going to try the RIFT PC beta next week (MMO) and if I like that i'll probably get it, otherwise I'll get MvC3.

But then we got march with Portal 2 and stuff which I NEED to get.

All you Value nuts, Portal 2 I'll wait on for a sale on Steam. I'm kind of interested in Sorcery but I still need to invest in the Move controllers still. :/

Also LA Noire but I'm not familiar with the developer at all so I'll probably wait for some reviews first. I'm just glad I'm down to one system so I don't have to stretch myself all over anymore. :D

Do you know of any good summer titles coming out? I haven't look at far ahead yet.

tFtfA.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

The only issue KZ3 gave me earlier was that it tried placing me and my brother in a full game.. Other then that everything went fairly smooth, except for the part where we got stuck on a noobish team that had me screaming about their lack of team work and skill.. Went like 0-4 with them before I had to leave for class.. :wall:

tFtfA.jpg

I feel like all the starting guns suck except for maybe the shotgun. They definitely improved the field medics starting gun's accuracy from the beta. I could hardly hit [cabbage] in the beta and now I'm golden. I still don't think I've been on a team thats won. I'm probably like 0-10 right now.. My teams just seem to fall apart near the end, it's ridiculous. I feel like I'm going to throw my controller at my TV if I don't get a win here soon.

tFtfA.jpg

• 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Happened to me a while ago, Indy. But the issue stopped a little while later. (It's my fault for spilling alcohol on the power button by accident).

Mine's fat 40GB is still going strong after what, 4 years? Had an issue the other day where it hard locked (Completely froze up) while playing MAG - had to switch it off at the rear. Power button wasn't working. Thought that was it, then. Googled around and found out how to open it up, so I did. Turns out there's rust around the power button underneath that just needed to be cleared away, and it the power button then worked to turn it on.

Friend from MAG said that Sony have been offering slim's for 99$ if you send back a broken fat. Couldn't find a link anywhere, though! :(

RIP Michaelangelopolous

Haven't heard of that problem before :)

Mine is apparently the YLOD problem even though the yellow light is only on for a split second. I am going to attempt to repair it myself, just to get my game saves off of it. Then if I get it working I am going to sell it back to amazon and get money for a new one.

EDIT: repair failed, now trying to decide if I want to take it to a repair shop to get it fixed just to get my saves off or not. With how little gaming I did on it I am thinking about just saying screw it.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...