The Official PS3 Thread

Sam

What's this talk about media servers? I've always wondered what those are...

Media Servers allow you to stream video/music/pics ect... from your PC to other devices.

Media Servers are a god send. For someone like me, who "buys a lot of films off itunes" (wink wink), its always nice to have somewhere else to store them. Also means I can watch them on the big tv, as opposed to my laptop

boratto.jpg

• Replies 770
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still struggling to stay awake while playing Assassins Creed... hopefully they'll fix the repetitiveness in the second one.

I'ma buy Uncharted 2, Assassins Creed 2, and the new Ratchet and Clank.

Why aren't any of the anticipated PS3 games originals? They're all part of a series.

"Those who give up their liberty for more security neither deserve liberty nor security."

Support transparency... and by extension, freedom and democracy.

Yeah, they have fixed the repetitiveness in AC2, missions are completely different, and although it's on a different platform OXM UK gave it a 9/10, with the only flaw being the sudden item collection which jars the story a little. :smile:

2257AD.TUMBLR.COM

Still struggling to stay awake while playing Assassins Creed... hopefully they'll fix the repetitiveness in the second one.

I'ma buy Uncharted 2, Assassins Creed 2, and the new Ratchet and Clank.

Why aren't any of the anticipated PS3 games originals? They're all part of a series.

The Uncharted series is an PS3 original franchise and also completely original games would be harder to create since you have to come up with a completely new concept and story where as a series has sequels where you can just build off your previous games. Also developers want to make as much money as possible so releasing a game on multi-platforms is really the only solution for that and third-party developers can't afford the risk of a ps3 or 360 exclusive anymore imo.

tFtfA.jpg

Something that pisses me off about PS3? Atrac. My MP3 player is made by Sony, and uses a Sony application to store music. Yet I can't save the music to my PS3, but I can save music from an Ipod. I mean, wth?

I could have sworn you were able to activate ATRAC playback in the settings?

EDIT: You can. Settings > System Settings > Enable ATRAC.

So don't let anyone tell you you're not worth the earth,

These streets are your streets, this turf is your turf,

Don't let anyone tell you that you've got to give in,

Cos you can make a difference, you can change everything,

Just let your dreams be your pilot, your imagination your fuel,

Tear up the book and write your own damn rules,

Use all that heart, hope and soul that you've got,

And the love and the rage that you feel in your gut,

And realise that the other world that you're always looking for,

Lies right here in front of us, just outside this door,

And it's up to you to go out there and paint the canvas,

After all, you were put on the earth to do this,

So shine your light so bright that all can see,

Take pride in being whoever the [bleep] you want to be.

Finally picked up Fallout 3 GOTY today. I can't *bad word* exit Vault 101 because the game keeps crashing. When I did finally exit to the Capital Wastelands, the game froze AGAIN. I restart the ps3, load the saved game and boom, it crashes while it's in the loading screen :evil: Peace of *bad word* I'm never gonna buy a Bethesda game again.

vv05c.png

[brought to you by the Cult of the Sacred Crate]

17th to 99 Smithing OSRS

Anyone here have Battlefield: Bad company? I enjoy it online and I'm wondering if anyone wants a game. :thumbsup:

Many believe that the 1980 eruption of Mt. Saint Helens was a catostrophic geological event, in reality it was the day that Jimi Hendrix returned to Earth from the next world and actually stood up next to a mountain and chopped it down with the edge of his hand.

-Random Youtuber

I would be VERY grateful for one of these.

Tk5SF.png

I would be VERY grateful for one of these.

Ditto. :D

Many believe that the 1980 eruption of Mt. Saint Helens was a catostrophic geological event, in reality it was the day that Jimi Hendrix returned to Earth from the next world and actually stood up next to a mountain and chopped it down with the edge of his hand.

-Random Youtuber

I think Littleboy wants one too. :thumbup:

Cheers btw.

-Random Youtuber

Pm'd you both, I've got 2 left.

Can I have one please? It didn't give me one when I applied for it.

So don't let anyone tell you you're not worth the earth,

These streets are your streets, this turf is your turf,

Don't let anyone tell you that you've got to give in,

Cos you can make a difference, you can change everything,

Just let your dreams be your pilot, your imagination your fuel,

Tear up the book and write your own damn rules,

Use all that heart, hope and soul that you've got,

And the love and the rage that you feel in your gut,

And realise that the other world that you're always looking for,

Lies right here in front of us, just outside this door,

And it's up to you to go out there and paint the canvas,

After all, you were put on the earth to do this,

So shine your light so bright that all can see,

Take pride in being whoever the [bleep] you want to be.

You'll probably have to make an american account for the code to work, if you don't want to then you can pre-order from GAME and once they email the code cancel the pre-order. http://www.game.co.uk/Games/PlayStation-3/Battlefield-Bad-Company-2-Limited-Edition/~r341729/

I shall try to do this. I'd rather play on (hopefully) european beta servers / against EU people, than american ones.

They dont actually charge until it ships do they?

Tk5SF.png

You'll probably have to make an american account for the code to work, if you don't want to then you can pre-order from GAME and once they email the code cancel the pre-order. http://www.game.co.uk/Games/PlayStation-3/Battlefield-Bad-Company-2-Limited-Edition/~r341729/

I shall try to do this. I'd rather play on (hopefully) european beta servers / against EU people, than american ones.

You can get one here aswell http://badcompany2.ea.com/#/beta , but the websites not working on my browser so don't know if any are left. Yea they dont charge until its shipped, just pre-ordered from them.

k9999-crazyarm.gif

You can get one here aswell http://badcompany2.ea.com/#/beta , but the websites not working on my browser so don't know if any are left. Yea they dont charge until its shipped, just pre-ordered from them.

Not actually interested in the game but the site is working fine for me. (: Just sayin'.