Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Most useful item in Runescape...

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

elucin8er
[ Display Name History ]

elucin8er

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,278 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
  • RSN:Elucin8er

Most useful items, plural.

I really think it depends on the skill ;)

Yeah, but if you really had to think of ONE item that is the most important, besides coins to buy everything, since coins themselves are useless. I'm still thinking of one myself.

You should make a most useful inventory :P That'd be fun for people to construct their 28 items that they must play the rest of rs with. I'm sure you could make a decent list, naturally neglecting some skills.

Tinderbox -> Hatchet -> Glory ammy -> Mining pick -> Hammer -> 4 Box traps -> Bow

You get the idea.
Posted Image

Proper Daily blogging including Starcraft 2!

Includes goal for 80+ all stats

Zachneap
[ Display Name History ]

Zachneap

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 346 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Golgari
Definitely dramen staff. very useful for getting anywhere quick.

Zaaps1
[ Display Name History ]

Zaaps1

Troll General

• Members
  • 13,035 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • RSN:Zaaptastic
  • RSN2:Zaap Cannon
  • Clan:DGS ☺ Harpies@@@

Yeah, but if you really had to think of ONE item that is the most important, besides coins to buy everything, since coins themselves are useless. I'm still thinking of one myself.

You should make a most useful inventory :P That'd be fun for people to construct their 28 items that they must play the rest of rs with. I'm sure you could make a decent list, naturally neglecting some skills.

Tinderbox -> Hatchet -> Glory ammy -> Mining pick -> Hammer -> 4 Box traps -> Bow

You get the idea.

Would be too hard. All the runes you need would already take up 1/3 of your space.

Kingofthecav
[ Display Name History ]

Kingofthecav

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 117 posts
  • RSN:Scrd Silene

You get the idea.

Would be too hard. All the runes you need would already take up 1/3 of your space.

Not a bad idea to make the inventory, I may try it some time.

Runes would probally take 6 spaces
And I wouldnt take up 4 spaces with box traps lol.

Aneron
[ Display Name History ]

Aneron

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,782 posts
  • RSN:Aneron
  • Clan:DGS
PURE ESSENCE

Frankly I do not give a damn about runes but PURE ESSENCE is definitely where it's at.

Troacctid
[ Display Name History ]

Troacctid

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,419 posts
  • RSN:Troacctid
  • Clan:The Farming Guild

I'd definitely have to agree with law rune. It was around before pure essence. ;-)

I think a Ring of Duelling is more useful. No matter where you are (as long as teleportation is allowed), the ring will teleport you to a bank, where you can instantly access every other item you own. So the Ring of Duelling is like carrying your entire bank (and GE box, and lent items box) in your inventory. And it doesn't even need to be in your inventory, because you can wear it! :thumbsup:

Kingofthecav
[ Display Name History ]

Kingofthecav

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 117 posts
  • RSN:Scrd Silene

PURE ESSENCE

Frankly I do not give a damn about runes but PURE ESSENCE is definitely where it's at.

O yeah broski.

Mazhar
[ Display Name History ]

Mazhar

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,242 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
Cabbage

AdamMonkey0
[ Display Name History ]

AdamMonkey0

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 240 posts

Cabbage

My thoughts exactly

Makilio
[ Display Name History ]

Makilio

Spider Egg

• Members
  • 53 posts
  • RuneScape Status:F2P
  • RSN:Dungeon Mak
Chicken Feet :>

elucin8er
[ Display Name History ]

elucin8er

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,278 posts

You get the idea.

What if the mining pick did the job of getting the pure ess and turning them into laws ...

Heh, my idea is basically turning into what would happen with no banks. And I'm pretty sure just a few months before I was playing where there were indeed none. Scary.
Posted Image

adam12055
[ Display Name History ]

adam12055

Spider Egg

• Members
  • 58 posts
  • RSN:Ktulus
The hammer/pickaxe/hatchet. It started everything. Plain and simple.

Posted Image
Posted Image__

Albel
[ Display Name History ]

Albel

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,189 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:Albel
  • RSN2:Seaoh
  • Clan:SoDB
There are so many, but I'd have to go with a simple item. Rune woodcutting axe. Got me 99 woodcutting :mrgreen:

35bvvh1.png

Quotes

Runescape Achievements

Tact
[ Display Name History ]

Tact

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 467 posts
  • RSN:Tact
  • RSN2:Granzi
Food? Because without it you'd have to sit around waiting for your health to return. >_>
Posted Image

Skorne
[ Display Name History ]

Skorne

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 172 posts
  • RSN:iSkorne

Heh, my idea is basically turning into what would happen with no banks. And I'm pretty sure just a few months before I was playing where there were indeed none. Scary.

Would be a pretty cool idea for one of the RSC 'Custom' Servers they mentioned. {xd}

I'm definately agreeing with 'Law Rune'.

Without them, I think we'd all be considerably lower levels in everything.

Drops

Giordano
[ Display Name History ]

Giordano

Troll General

• Members
  • 11,438 posts
  • RSN:Pasta Cheif
  • Clan:Chef Films
Either GP, law rune, or pure ess. Definatly the first though.
"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."
Posted Image

Darkvengence
[ Display Name History ]

Darkvengence

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 407 posts
Simply the Bronze Hatchet.

Only a very small portion of players haven't completed Tutorial Island at some point.
What's the first item you receive on Tutorial Island? The mighty Bronze Hatchet.

Without it none of us would have ever completed Tutorial Island, we would all just be sitting around trying to evolve into a beaver to cut the tree down.

elucin8er
[ Display Name History ]

elucin8er

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,278 posts

Only a very small portion of players haven't completed Tutorial Island at some point.
What's the first item you receive on Tutorial Island? The mighty Bronze Hatchet.

Without it none of us would have ever completed Tutorial Island, we would all just be sitting around trying to evolve into a beaver to cut the tree down.

They changed tut isle when my gf made an account. You have to kill some beasly dragon - weird.
Posted Image

Darkvengence
[ Display Name History ]

Darkvengence

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 407 posts

They changed tut isle when my gf made an account. You have to kill some beasly dragon - weird.

Yes I know they did, if you read the post throughly you would have noticed I said only a small portion of players haven't done it at some point.

Jeda45
[ Display Name History ]

Jeda45

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 333 posts
Warrior: Nice weapon
Miner: Pickaxe
Woodcutter: Hatchet
Fisherman: Harpoon
Hunter: It's a trap.
Okay, there are a couple of non-traps which might be best...

Most full of uses: Sacred Clay tool, Quest Kit or whatever it is, Infernal Adze, Achievment Diary rewards, some other stuff...

If I personally had to rebuild my fortune with only one item (No trading with players/shops/ge/anything like that until I had done so), I'd start with a DDS. Good weapon, could fight for other basic needs (hammer, pickaxe, hatchet, etc).
If you could trade with other players, most useful would be a christmas cracker. Sell it, buy your 500 mil of stuff...
If you jump into a river in Paris, you're insane. If you jump into a river in Egypt, you're in denial.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users