Afk-able Tasks

elucin8er

By this I mean Runescape tasks that can be done minimized, or without much attention. During my afk tasks I can usually either do some study, clean the house, but mostly, browse forums and the internet. I'm sure most of you do the same.

So what's your current afk task? Or your favourite ones?

My current one would have to be woodcutting ivys, I have the sound turned on and can hear when a birds nest arrives or my ivy branch is finished. After I get 99 I know I'll have to move on, but all I can think of is fishing. Any other ideas, they don't have to be things which lvl a skill, can be anything worthwhile that you do afk. ( If only there was a burn all option - lul )

jd4mfinalsmal0jp.gif

Proper Daily blogging including Starcraft 2!

Includes goal for 80+ all stats

Well with the new addition to mining it is actually a afkable skill though by no means as easy as wcing (but really there is no comparison for how easy they made it) and I've always loved mining just hated the dropping ores part (raised most of it back in the days of rc where ores just dropped on the ground for you).

All skills 80+

Obviously cooking, training melees via az's (I think) and zombie monkeys if pretty afkable. Bandits, smithing bolts, making tabs, using bones on alter are all small attention requiring tasks.

Best Rubik's cube time solve: 27.81 seconds.

Completed Facebook Tetris Marathon (670k score)

2000+ total with 5 99's, fletching, cooking, attack, thieving and firemaking

I used to AFK cut yews in free to play while studying, was very hard XD. I guess Ivy makes it easier.

If you're ranging and have done Legacy of Seergaze, broad bolting Mutated Bloodvelds is really awesome. The level 146s have 196 hp, which is more than a Black Dragon, but soo easy to kill :) Decent exp rate too, and take a while to kill them :D

I used to see if I could solve a Rubik's Cube before I killed one; I did manage to a few times.

At the moment I'm training an F2P Defence Pure (most pointless one evar, right XD?), and AFK-ing it (multitasking) is how I get myself to not die irl from it XD - Currently 1att, str, range, mage; 41hp; 53def.

Chris2fer381.png

I studied for my degree while fishing monks and lately rocktails, woodcutting yews and eucs, slaying dark beasts, smithing bolts and arrow tips and cooking when I only had some reading to do.

I usually play with a minimised window while I check some movies or tv shows. I rarely play this game with 100% attention on the screen.

langerkiller.png

Follow the progress of top players and my weekly updates here: 200M in all Skills

Latest Milestones Chart update : page 602

Latest top 15 update : page 602

6 slowest skills chart : page 563

Fishing atm, getting 90 in it. Thinking about getting 90 in WC afterwards, I hear the ivy update is amazing.

Oh it is. And the birds nests rock :thumbsup:

Do you have any idea of the kind of xp rate at 68 woodcutting (bare minimum)? Would it be worth getting like 75 wc at willows first?

Zerker_jane.png

Fishing atm, getting 90 in it. Thinking about getting 90 in WC afterwards, I hear the ivy update is amazing.

Oh it is. And the birds nests rock :thumbsup:

Do you have any idea of the kind of xp rate at 68 woodcutting (bare minimum)? Would it be worth getting like 75 wc at willows first?

Sorry no idea :( But I'd imagine 75 wc would be ideal before tackling ivys, regardless, I'm sure they're still fast.

Perhaps cut teaks till 75? That's fast.

jd4mfinalsmal0jp.gif

I don't AFK. I always pay full attention to the RS screen.

If I did AFK, I might have missed out on a conversation nearby, a dropped item, or something like that.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

Pretty much anything I can, I'll either shrink the screen to the minimum and then have word open on the right and a different web-page for reading on the left.

Doesn't take much attention and I can eye the game with my left eye for anything peculiar. :thumbsup:

buzz_knight.png

buzz_knight.png

hmmm....atm i am kinda w8ing for rex to respwan its kinda afk..anyway......i <333 afk guthanable slayer tasks in chaos tunnels specially fire gianys...

i do almost everything afk.. g2g rex must have respwaned..

Opeious.pngopei.png

Barrows Drops:....................................................Dragon Drops:...............Other Drops:

Dharok: 2 Helms, 1 Top, 2 Legs, 4 Axes.......................2 Claws Split..................1 Bandos Tassets

Karil: 1 Coif, 1 Top, 2 Skirt, 2 Crossbows......................3 Plate legs...................4 Berserker Rings

Ahrim: 3 Hood, 2 Top, 3 Skirt, 1 Staff..........................2 Plate Skirts.................2 Warrior Rings

Verac: 1 Helm, 3 Tops, 2 Skirts, 1 Flail..........................1 Med........................1 Archer Ring

Guthan: 2 Helm, 5 Tops, 1 Skirt, 0 Spear.....................1 Shield Half.................1 Seers Ring

Torag: 2 Helms, 2 Tops, 5 Legs, 1 Hammer....................4 Hatchets..................1 Missed Divine Sigil (was at bank -,- fml)

AFK has actually made me a better student. I'm a music major and before I started playing runescape I was practicing 2 hours a day. When I started playing again I was practicing a significant amount less. Then I had the brilliant idea of bringing my laptop into the practice rooms. Now im back at 3 hours a day of practicing :)

I usually vine, but I think im going to start something else.

AFK has actually made me a better student. I'm a music major and before I started playing runescape I was practicing 2 hours a day. When I started playing again I was practicing a significant amount less. Then I had the brilliant idea of bringing my laptop into the practice rooms. Now im back at 3 hours a day of practicing :)

I usually vine, but I think im going to start something else.

Rofl, rs gives grades. Win

jd4mfinalsmal0jp.gif

First off this is more fit for the Questionaries forum.

My favorite is when I'm slaying and I get dark beasts.

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

I am currently AFKing abyssal walkers for abyssal charms.

when AFK the rate is ~ 50 abyssal charms/hour and some other charms.

Green charms are just way too freaking expensive to use to train summoning otherwise

that and erm, I AFK Ivy's, and black demon slayer tasks since i pray, and concentrated gold ores

Naaxi.png