Within the Light - 13 October 2009

Da_Latios

Those who have unraveled the mysteries of the plague in West Ardougne, met with the elves and infiltrated the Death Guard will find themselves able to help Arianwyn once again, as they go Within the Light.

In reactivating the Temple of Lights safeguards, you may have thwarted the Death Guards plans to harness the ancient elven power of a certain altar at least for the time being but just what is so special about this altar? Why did the elder elves go to such trouble to protect this one particular altar? Find out as you further explore the mysterious Temple of Light.

This quest is a continuation of RuneScapes longest-running quest line, the first three parts of which Plague City, Biohazard and Underground Pass were originally released for RuneScape Classic. Four further quests later Regicide, Roving Elves, and Mournings Ends Parts I and II plus the Catapult Construction side story, and we reach Within the Light.

As it has been a while since those quests were released, this quest introduces a new NPC in Lletya the elven scribe who will happily help you to recall your past elf-related glories. Within the Light ties together some of the strands of this storyline, which will start to give you a better idea of what is to come.

Mod Chris L

RuneScape Content Developer

Summary:

Where to start Within the Light:

Speak to Arianwyn in Lletya.

Requirements to complete Within the Light:

69 Agility

70 Fletching

75 Woodcutting

75 Ranged

Mourning's Ends Part II: The Temple of Light

In other news...

The last suggested name for Clan Chat channels persists when changing worlds and between logouts, and will attempt to rejoin the channel if it still exists.

The Wilderness Agility Course has been added to the allowed areas for Bounty and Bounty (+1) worlds.

When inputting numbers (for example, when withdrawing items from your bank) you can now use 'k' (or 'K') for thousand, and 'm' (or 'M') for million.

TIF-SIG-PREVAIL.jpg

IRC Nick: Hiroki | 99 Agility | Max Quest Points | 138 Combat

Bandos drops: 20 Hilt | 22 Chestplate | 21 Tassets | 14 Boots

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ASDKJASFD IS FINALLY HERE@@@@@@

Wait actually now I am not sure, is this MEP3? Or just the prelude to it?

11-1.jpg[

Guild Wars 2-In game screenshot, the MMORPG you are waiting for. Click for thread.

mmm this is annoying.

I was planning on finishing MEP2 tonight and then WGS during the week. Then camp TD's all weekend, it looks like I'll need to train for the requirements.

The last suggested name for Clan Chat channels persists when changing worlds and between logouts, and will attempt to rejoin the channel if it still exists.

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Best clanchat related update ever.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

The Wilderness Agility Course has been added to the allowed areas for Bounty and Bounty (+1) worlds.

That's the thing I'm most thrilled about in this update. I'm not much of a quest person so I doubt I'll do it.

EDIT: Not sure why everyone thinks the quest requirements are good :?, they seem fairly average to me.

30jlfk0.png

Thanks to InsanityV2 for the sig

[Hide=Patch Notes]The following small fixes and adjustments have now been made to the game. If you spot any further bugs in-game, please use the Bug Report feature ('Submit a Bug Report' under the 'Help' drop-down menu of the website).

Graphical

• Fixed a selection of headgear problems revealed by forum avatars.
  • Improved the code and animations for the wall grapple in Yanille.
  • Updated some of the mapping in Taverley so that roofs are properly removed if applicable.
  • Added some lighting effects to wall lights in dungeons that were missing it.

Audio

• Prevented music looping in some circumstances (such as the end of cutscenes).

Minigames

• Fixed a bug with the team balancing in Trouble Brewing.
  • Fixed an issue with the Great Orb Project waiting room.

Miscellaneous

• Removed a safe spot from PVP Worlds.
  • Fixed several typos and grammar mistakes.
  • The coal trucks west of Seers' Village shouldn't disappear under some circumstances.
  • Clarified the usage of crystal equipment in the Agility skill guide.
  • Casting the lunar Make Plank spell now returns you to the spellbook after casting.
  • Removed a few references to the Lumbridge Guide (now Sage).
  • Added worlds 170 and 171 to the world list for Quick Chat purposes.
  • Aligned some components correctly on the sawmill interface.
  • Fixed a bug whereby a selection of Summoning familiars wouldn't actually 'stun' their target due to faulty logic.
  • Clarified the location you can purchase a Woodcutting skillcape from in the skill guide.
  • Added a missing shortcut icon to the Fremennik Slayer Dungeon.
  • Removed the members' options from spirit trees from free to play.
  • Corrected the logic regarding the amount you can trade or receive with other players. Note: this only affected the displayed value.
  • Streamlined the chat for the Zamorak mage and made it slightly less confusing after you've run his errands.
  • Updated Ava's Attractor and Accumulator to collect additional arrows/bolts.
  • Ensured the camera doesn't get locked into one position/view after random events.
  • Modified crossbows have a string on their inventory image.
  • Prevented Ranged special attacks from working in the Mage Arena while casting spells.
  • Added the level 70 Earth Wave spell back to the level-up messages.
  • Added a missing travel icon in the desert.
  • Stopped players temporarily losing their bed sheets if they left Port Phasmatys via Teleother spells.
  • Improved the Prayer level-up messages to be more informative.
  • The temporarily 'discontinued items' due to the tutorial changes can now be purchased from Beefy Bill near the cows in Lumbridge.
  • Improved script dealing with some of the mourners' chat and related code.
    [/Hide]

VERY nice quest requirements, I won't do it, because I'm not a quester whatsoever.

Eejits.png

"Football is a simple game made complicated by people who should know better."

That's the thing I'm most thrilled about in this update. I'm not much of a quest person so I doubt I'll do it.

Yeah, I lost my agility brawlers last week after about 7k xp by getting 3 hit :-|

Sounds like a fun quest!

2dvjurb.png

FINALLY!!!! But I'll probly have to wait til the weekend cause of exams sad.gif

Dragon halberd maybe?

What do you mean; "maybe?" :P

Eejits.png

"Football is a simple game made complicated by people who should know better."

I'd say this *is* ME3. I don't think they're will be a quest by that name, just 1 and 2. Oh, and when I saw it was actually an Elven quest, I kinda had a little issue... I'll be back after I change my underwear. :oops:

This website and its contents are copyright © 1999 - 2010 Jagex Ltd.

Woot! Looking forward to getting that quest cape back... :-) Nice requirements, indeed, and I hope it gives a good xp reward for agility... I hate training agility.

Interesting that the accumulator will now collect additional bolts/arrows. Are they different ones or just more of the same, I wonder?

"All that is gold does not glitter..."

Lame quest requirements. My motivation to train agility is finally killed (There's still an ancient thread "Race to 99 agility", created by me here on TIF). I will never train it again, since there is no point (the clothes are just a bank space waster). They should have had at least 80 agility req for this quest and higher for following quests...

Gonna do it and see what's the reward.

Sorry, I'm still boycotting quests + there's no way to make junk now, so I'll just ignore this quest.

savormix.gif
R.I.P. oO000oO0oO00, RS2 range pure transformed to a maxed PvM char in EoC, ten years of time completely wasted.
Good to be gone :)

Lame quest requirements. My motivation to train agility is finally killed (There's still an ancient thread "Race to 99 agility" here on TIF where I participated). I will never train it again, since there is no point (the clothes are just a bank space waster). They should have had at least 80 agility req for this quest and higher for following quests...

Gonna do it and see what's the reward.

Current QC requirement is 61 agility, adding 8 to it is a big leap.

80 agility or even 75 agility requirement would kill a lot of QC holders as well as stopping about 90% of players even bothering with the quest.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

The website said the length is Medium. :sad: I guess this is not the super duper ultimate omfg sequel to MEP2. Oh well lore is good too. :^_^:

11-1.jpg[

Guild Wars 2-In game screenshot, the MMORPG you are waiting for. Click for thread.