Google Wave

Latinoking

Product managers, Stephanie and Greg explain many of the features of Google Wave. Learn more at http://wave.google.com

Product managers, Stephanie and Greg explain many of the features of Google Wave. Learn more at http://wave.google.com Google Wave is "a personal communication and collaboration tool" announced by Google at the Google I/O conference on May 27, 2009. It is a web-based service, computing platform, and communications protocol designed to merge e-mail, instant messaging, wikis, and social networking. It has a strong collaborative and real-time focus supported by extensions that can provide, for example, robust spelling/grammar checking, automated translation between 40 languages, and numerous other extensions. Initially released only to developers, a "preview release" of Google Wave has been extended to about 600,000 users since September 30, 2009, with the initial 100,000 users each allowed to invite up to eight additional users.

http://en.wikipedia....iki/Google_wave

Who needs email and other stuff when you have Google Wave? This is so awesome!

There's two ways to look at it.

Instant messaging is essentially faster email.

So email was downgraded when messenger came out.

But many still kept using it.

I think the same will happen with Wave, but it will degrade email and messenger.

Although, I also believe a lot of people are not going to use Wave, because they're already used to something, and often some people won't try new things because they like what they already have.

Me myself personally will try it out upon release, but I will most likely stick to email.

The way I look at it, is that I no longer have to go to different sites to do multiple things. I can email, blog, upload pics/stuff, chat, look for friends events, etc in one place. It will all be in Google Wave. And those robots, especially that translator "robot" Rosey, is full of pure win.

I got an invite to use it from a friend and it is interesting. Not enough people on there to test drive it with but the only problem I have with it is the essentiality that I don't feel like what I type is "safe". I haven't test drived it enough but I did enjoy the seeing what I typed appear in the wave. That was certainly interesting. Overall, I will have a better view on it once more people are using it.

Edit: If you are already using Google Wave like me, PM me your contact info for it. Would like to start a possible Tip.it Wave if I knew enough people on it.

A reflection is just a distorted reality held by glass and your mind.

optimizedbrokenmirrorpn.jpg

i dont like it. i like to go to the actual sites to do stuff

I don't like going to 20 different sites to do things.

Google Wave it is all integrated. When Wave is released to the general public, the other forty or so sites I visit to do 'things' will have something integrated to Wave, so I'll just need to open Wave and I complete all my social networking or other work, without having to load pages, or go through bookmarks or whatever. It's much more efficient and in some cases it has proven to be better than the UI or process in which you would do it on the actual sites. *Cough* Facebook*Cough*.

For business though, this will be an amazing piece of technology for them to use. Is definitely where the web is going to go.

And sorry guys, already used my 10 free handouts. :/

• 2 weeks later...

Google is becoming a monster. I am scared of it. But gmail rocks.

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

I only use gmail for the email account I was given as I am part of the IT/Systems for an Aussie political party.

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!

Same.

This might be something of interest, seeing as google is still getting bigger despite how big they already are.

Indeed, their rate of growth is somewhat scary. :P

hopesolopatriot.jpg

I got invited. Liked what I saw. The interface was nice, and i'm keen to open up Wave and do everything at once.

That's what put me off. Going to twenty different sites, like twitter, facebook and the like. Everything is nice and contained.

Def. be using it.

lampost_sig_stark.png

I only use gmail for the email account I was given as I am part of the IT/Systems for an Aussie political party.

But Google Mail is so hot D=

I got a Gmail account a few years ago and I haven't looked back since. I'm interested in Wave, though I'll probably not use it really.

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

I got an invite this morning, rather confusing so far, but I'm willing to give it a try.

Should get people to put their wave email, so we can get more out of it, as well as getting some more friends. :)

Mine's [email protected]

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!

Found an invite in my hotmail today. I don't use hotmail anymore so I was surprised there was one there among the junk mail. I don't like the long @googlewave.com domain name. It's very tacky if you ask me. It should of been @wave.com or something simpler. I'm kinda confused to what Wave is though, is it just like a new "email" system?

tFtfA.jpg

I think it's a combination between instant messaging and email. I don't really like it as much as MSN though, especially since the person can see what you're typing as you type it. Also because it's slower and I don't really see the point. Oh yeah, you can edit what people said so.. I dunno, maybe I should watch the demonstration again.

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

I think it's a combination between instant messaging and email. I don't really like it as much as MSN though, especially since the person can see what you're typing as you type it. Also because it's slower and I don't really see the point. Oh yeah, you can edit what people said so.. I dunno, maybe I should watch the demonstration again.

I'm pretty sure it supposed to be used instead of emails for business etc. rather then an instant messenger like MSN.

10postchm2105.png

#1 Wongtong stalker.

I'm pretty sure it supposed to be used instead of emails for business etc. rather then an instant messenger like MSN.

Is that cause you read this page?:

http://danieltenner.com/posts/0012-google-wave.html

?

10postchm2105.png

#1 Wongtong stalker.