Within the Light shouldn't even have existed

ford_landau

The one thing that caught my attention was the "enchanting" of the teleport crystal. It mentioned maybe teaching you more about singing in the future. I'm wondering is some kind of Singing/Bard Skill is the next skill on the horizon. If they line up a new skill with a quest, Singing/Bard would line up with the reason to unlock the skill, much like Summoning and Herblore. Tbh, I think this quest was more of hint/teaser for the new skill.

NOTE: Singing/Bard is the only words I can think of to describe the new skill. It may be something more complicated than that.

Usually, new skills are unlocked with novice quests, not master.

The one thing that caught my attention was the "enchanting" of the teleport crystal. It mentioned maybe teaching you more about singing in the future. I'm wondering is some kind of Singing/Bard Skill is the next skill on the horizon. If they line up a new skill with a quest, Singing/Bard would line up with the reason to unlock the skill, much like Summoning and Herblore. Tbh, I think this quest was more of hint/teaser for the new skill.

NOTE: Singing/Bard is the only words I can think of to describe the new skill. It may be something more complicated than that.

True. But I just saw another post on here about the light from the quest having different frequencies (sounds). It all adds up in a weird sort of way. Even a Mod posted about his grand plans for the finale. It would definitely be different if a skill was unlocked via a Master+ Quest. However, it may provide some serious motivation to do quests for both old and new players that avoid quests. Not to mention, get them through the oldest running quest series in the game.

No, he isn't. Sliske is also known for having a hand in many, many minor ways of all the inhabitants of RS. It's most likely we haven't seen Sliske is any form as of yet.

Or, maybe Sliske is (in) Thorgel's shadow, and also (in) the shadow of certain other people. It would fit to the words of Azzanadra: "Sliske's actions can be seen in world's smallest details".

Even a Mod posted about his grand plans for the finale.

Are you sure that this series will end as a separate series?

If the so called Dark Lord is Zamorak (Mahjarrat), it's likely going towards While Guthix Sleeps part 2. Also, the name "While Guthix Sleeps" hints at Second God Wars (When Guthix Wakes Up).

You're right, but wouldn't it be awesome to have a skill only for high levels? It could be slow to train, offer good rewards for you that are nontradeable, and be fun to train. That would be sweet.

This website and its contents are copyright © 1999 - 2010 Jagex Ltd.

Would be awesome IMHO, but the skill shouldn't be a "skill", more like a side stat, like the ability to buy white knight armors from killing black knights.

Rewards should be untradable, the ability to unlock rewards should require a bunch of quests what not youy have

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

No, I think it should be a full on skill. They talk about how they want more Elite level content right? There you go. WOW did it with their Riding skill that was for like level 40's, before it got dropped to level 30 then 20.

Didn't they say their skill would be something that no other MMORPG had done? Why not a skill solely for high levels?

No, he isn't. Sliske is also known for having a hand in many, many minor ways of all the inhabitants of RS. It's most likely we haven't seen Sliske is any form as of yet.

Or maybe Thorgel is Glouphrie the Untrusted under illusion spell?

The creator said that the quest reminds about a certain city not on the map. Prifddinas is on the map, so is Lletya. Arposandra is a Tirannwnian city that is not on the map currently.

karv, I think he was talking about the long series of quests that we'll have to go through to unlock a hidden city. Prif is hidden under the field as a crystal, Arposandra is hidden under the ground, Menaphos is hidden under a big, black space, lol

This quest actually served to give a plausible wait time now for any further advancement in the quest line. After Mourning's End II, we had nothing more to do except research, which was left to the elves and Thourgal. Now something happened and we were called back into action to do some more in depth research. We've done our research and discovered that the city is a Crystal and is inaccessible behind a tunnel collapse which we cannot pass until the Dwarves clear it. Now we're waiting on the Dwarves to clear out a tunnel filled with Elven magic which will more than likely cause several more collapses to delay the progress of the Dwarves right up to the point where Jagex is ready to say "Ok, it's time for the final quest."

Disregarding the plausible wait time, this also helped to tie in several loose ends that had been sitting around for a while, mainly "Where is Prifddinas?" which we now know has been reduced to a crystal. We also now know that the temple was, in fact, a gateway to the city under the Arrandar Mountains that also served as a very complex lock to keep out intruders. A simple gate with 2 watchelves overlooking the Arrandar pass seems rather low tech for elves. A complex temple that can be locked down with the twist of a mirror would be a much more effective lock, not to mention the magic needed to access this all.

I really don't think this quest was designed to further the quest line, necessarily. It was simply designed to tie up loose ends that have been loose for far too long. It also hints at the fact that we may be the first crystal-chanting Human. Recall that Arianwyn mentioned we just needed to chant to get the crystal to charge, not necessarily to give it shape. However, when we chanted, the crystal didn't change shape like Arianwyn seemed to expect. It also seemed to indicate we may have a weapon against the Mourners with our untrained chanting voices, even if our character doesn't realize it yet.

f475e02ecc.png

don't worry, you are going to "hell" anyway. wanna race to see who gets there first?

Officially reached 100 Combat at 1:33PM EST, June 14, 2007

First Dragon Drop: Dragon Chain (Dust Devils) @ 10:48PM EST, July 14, 2008, lv113 combat

Extra? The elf quests is THE longest!

plague city, biohazzard, underground pass, regiside, roving elves, catapult construction, mourning ends 1, mourning ends 2, within the light...

There, 9 quests, 10 if you count waterfall (becvause it involvs elfs)

sorry for typos, i have gloves on

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

I apologize, but I am obligated by comedic law to post this whenever barding is mentioned.

oots0004.gif

If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?

• 2 weeks later...

Well I thought so too but then I'm F2P and only know from Rune Wiki and yes I was disappointed that it did not let P2P go into the city. Unless you use that glitch. But with the new skill coming out next year, Jagex might have put it on hold and gave players something to occupy their time with.

I personally do NOT WANT another skill, ever, well, you would have a hard time convicing me, I hated summoning when it was added. But, it's not my game

Extra long quest arcs should be a shootable offense unless you plan to finish it within a 2-3 years.

No, you are a moron and your exsistence should be a shoot-able offense

You can't possibly plan out, program, test, and publish an extra long quest in 2-3 years. Ok, you could, but Jagex would have to focus all of their attention on it and completely ignore other aspects of the game. Look at what else has happened in the 4 years since ME II

Also, although I hate having quest story lines unfinished, I do like that there is such a huge vareity of storys. I have a quest cape, look at what my charecter has done!

I'm not going to list anything, because those who have done quests know what I mean.

Diomedus.png

Diomedus.png

War is not about who's right, it's about who's left

Are you a Jmod or have you seen a Jmod post confirming that he isn't Sliske? Only Jmods can be 100% sure about future updates, and even they change minds.

Remember that you cannot disprove a theory with a theory.

That "having hand in many minor ways" could be a red herring.

• 2 weeks later...

Good things will come to those who wait. More pieces in the puzzle went into place and the story line continues. I am bad at quests so the fact that the puzzles were not mind bending did not disappoint me. How does anyone ever solve some of those puzzles without a guide?

Soo.. basically.. The OP is being a brat that has no patience. I think too much bacon isn't good for you.

It's not that he has a lack of patience. It's that he feels Jagex should've focused more on completing what they start instead of starting and finishing at seemingly random patterns.

The wait isn't the main issue (although it is a concern). The main issue is Jagex's unfocused nature of developing an releasing quest content.

Soo.. basically.. The OP is being a brat that has no patience. I think too much bacon isn't good for you.

It's not that he has a lack of patience. It's that he feels Jagex should've focused more on completing what they start instead of starting and finishing at seemingly random patterns.

The wait isn't the main issue (although it is a concern). The main issue is Jagex's unfocused nature of developing an releasing quest content.

Too much at a time isn't good either. Besides, you can't complain that they haven't continued this series until now. They had nobody to push it forward, since that guy quit. And really.. the recent series have all been updated regularly, but lacking in the content area. This quest is a piece of the story to unlock a great amount of content and story. I would rather have them taking their time with it than them putting one together a few years ago when hd didn't exist and the engine was crap.