Childhood Games?

Shiny

I just remember, anyone else used to play the Magic School Bus games? And Myst I remember we used to have that on our old computer too. I never knew what to do in that game.. :angry:

I loved the magic school bus!!! I adored it, my favourite was the one where they went into space. I still have 'Scholastic's Magic School Bus Ecplores in the Age of Dinosaurs' waiting to be played again.

Myst, i've heard of that, always wanted to play. I may get it sometime. Right now, however, I'm mildly pissed off.... I lent my copy of Pokemon gold to a friend to borrow, his big brother took and sold it to some bastard for $10 not realizing it was mine. The bastard won't give it back to me.

I may just get an emulator to relive it. I clocked about 90 hours on it.

lampost_sig_stark.png

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People who post stuff like PS2 games depress me :(

Well, blame me for not having any video game consoles when I was small.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

Halloween harry too is another awesome one.

Yep... and you have props for knowing it as Halloween Harry and not Alien Carnage.

Might also throw in Raptor: Call of the Shadows

and

Zone 66

:thumbup: I'll always remember it as Halloween Harry, haha. Raptor was an awesome game too.

Also pretty much every Apogee game ever. Duke I / II were awesome.

People who post stuff like PS2 games depress me

Yeah it feels odd hearing people talk about something like the PS2 in their childhood. I'm sure it'll be stranger down the road when we have kids reminiscing playing on their xbox 360 or Wii and talking about the "good old days", haha.

I was brought up on a Sega Genesis and a SNES at my grandparents house. I remember playing Sonic, Truxton, Super Mario World, and Star Fox all the time.

Forum Updates & Suggestions <------ Let your voice be heard!
Forum Games <------- Coolest place on Tip.It
Tip.It Forum Rules <------- Read them!

Aww man, I used to love Chocobo Racing, I was like 6 while playing the game at the time, and I played with my sister, who soon afterwards had a grudge against gaming (it's a pointless waste of time).

I also remember playing GT1 and GT2, waaay back. All of this on PS1.

I really had a lot of games though, those were just a few.

I didn't play much games in my childhood (little money...hm, seems like the same now!) but my ultimate childhood game has to be:

Banjo_Kazooie_n64cover.jpeg

Hell yeah! I used to RP in this too, lol. Making the entire lair like a whole region with the worlds as little towns and cities (Treasure Trove Cove was a tropical city!). I had too much imagination when I was a kid...

But sticking to gameplay, I remember when I broke through the halfway point of the game (the 450 note door). Damn I was happy! And when Banjo Tooie game out? My mom took me the game store so I could play it there but the machine was out of order. I remember she called my dad to see if they should just buy me it instead. Some of the most nerve-wrecking times of my life. :lol:

She did, and it did not disappoint. :thumbsup:

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Age of Empires 1, Red Alert 1, Red Alert 2, Pokemon RBY, and some other old gameboy games and windows 95 strategy games.

Am I abnormal? I can't recall playing anything that required precise jumping or platforming at my age. :mellow:

Age of Empires 1, Red Alert 1, Red Alert 2, Pokemon RBY, and some other old gameboy games and windows 95 strategy games.

Am I abnormal? I can't recall playing anything that required precise jumping or platforming at my age. :mellow:

Dig yourself up a copy of Jill of the Jungle. All three is good but the first would be an interesting experience for you. Sames goes for... probably Jazz Jackrabbit.

The older versions of Price on Persia also have some tight jumps which I could swear come down to the pixel.

I'mat 96% torrenting Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone on PC. I remember it well, and would gladly have bought it again, but I can't find a copy anywhere.

Ah, I have that somewhere. On my first time through I couldn't beat voldemort, then the game permanently glitched my second time and I couldn't beat malfoy in a race. Grr

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

I'mat 96% torrenting Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone on PC. I remember it well, and would gladly have bought it again, but I can't find a copy anywhere.

Ah, I have that somewhere. On my first time through I couldn't beat voldemort, then the game permanently glitched my second time and I couldn't beat malfoy in a race. Grr

I remember that game. I was on the last boss, but It glitched out so I would have had to start all over, I just quit.

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

I remember that game. I was on the last boss, but It glitched out so I would have had to start all over, I just quit.

The only Harry Potter game I have played (or even thought about playing) was Quidditch World Cup... I'm not terrible, but not good.

Lol, I just found my old NES. Damn thing refuses to work :(

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.

Breath of Fire 2.

Final Fantasy 3!

Mickey Mouse and the house of illusions!

Alexx The Kidd :D

Ofcourse Sonic.

Pgkhqob.jpg

Proud Tip.It Moderator December 07 - October 2009
Proud TETAU Member 2006 - 2007 <3
"I had a standing agreement with god. I'd agree to believe in him, barely, so long as he let me sleep in on Sundays." - Rose Hathaway
[ Posting & You ] [ Forum Rules ] [ Next Tetau Event ]

For me probably pokemon gold, golden sun and harvest moon. (The gameboy colour version, although I'm not quite sure if that has a proper name for itself.) Golden sun and harvest moon were both borrowed off my cousin, and although I have both of the sequels to these games, and I enjoy them very much, they don't hold the same original charm as their predecessors.

My brother had pokemon gold - at first I was barely interested, but after watching him play I was intrigued. Being the elder, and thus bossier sibling, I made some sort of system for us playing it together, simultaneously.. I would control movement, and gym battles, while he would battle all wild pokemon and general trainer battles. Looking back, I believe I got the better deal, haha.

Lucky Luke was my first game for the PS1, but Crash Team Racing has gotta be my favorite game of all time <3: Only game my whole family would play, and we got a multi-tap and everything for it. I like Jak and Daxter, but I lost interest in the second one.

Oh, and Spyro. I remember getting to the 5th world and being so happy with my self. I beat the second and third one, then lost interest, but I did beat Hero's Tail.

Leman.png