DI Closes

Stewie390

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, DI ima let you finish but... SE was the best closing clan of this year.

OT however: Big loss, now who does rot compete with?!??!?!? Hopefully they'll come to f2p. ROT & DI needed eachother even though they hated eachother but what can u do.

!!!!FUZZY BEAR! THE NEW DEFINITION OF A FACEPALM HAS ARRIVED TO TIP.IT FORUMS BE READY FOR THE BEAR!!!!

OT however: Big loss, now who does rot compete with?!??!?!? Hopefully they'll come to f2p. ROT & DI needed eachother even though they hated eachother but what can u do.

LOL: http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/3760/luldi.jpg

stewielike.png

ScottishUnit.gif

Sadly I disagree with the bolded statement. DI closing has a large impact on the clan world. ROT will probably have to incorporate A LOT more f2p wars. DI had a bunch of old people too I believe in which most will most likely retire. [ Not saying SE didn't have an impact just not as fatal/large one ]

It really was unexpected but at same time they weren't doing too well. I understand why the leader quit, seems like clans these days aren't ready to pass leadership down?

GL to all members wether they stay in the clan world.

6590ew.jpg

i'm sorry to break it to you but naw idiot No one really care about SE closing they were just efls

Di was legendary clan mate how you even comparing Di to Se its disrespect to put Di and SE it in same line

Vincent.png?t=1257576312

Huge surprise, there's like no other giant clans for RoT to have 10 hour PKRIs with now.

R.I.P Shiva and The Old Nite

Visit My Huge Goals!!! <---- Click This

My Pk Gallery

supdefnubew6.png

GWD: 3x Saradomin Sword, 2x Saradomin Hilt, 2X B Boots, 1x Tasset, 2X B Plate, 2X Shard, 1X D Med

TDs: 3x Solo Claws, 1x Solo Armour Piece

99 Untrimmed HP, 0% Pc'd and before Soul Wars -- Trimmed July 1, 2009

First Untrimmed HP Cape to 96 summon, top 300 to 96 summon

Proud owner of the strength, magic, range, and hitpoints capes.

Spa_Ins/LOLCANADA on IRC.

I'm sure they'll try to make a second generation clan if it really is closing. I thought it was a joke at first, i've been browsing Di forums for so long now,

and it was truely a shock for me. They weren't one of the best, they were the best. Weird how i was talking with my mate yesterday, about the old Rs times and Di etc.

Ah well, it was meant to happen someday.

Some people dream of success, while others make it happen.

I find Brian selfish. Heck yeah he was the leader for years but isn't it possible to give the command over to somebody else?

I feel this was a 1 man decision, since an advisor was suprised posting first.

signature4s.jpg

wow se and now di, thats hard to believe, who will be the titans main rivals now?

DV DOMINATION !!!!!!

sig9.gif

DV FOR LYF

\,,/<(*.*)>\,,/

BETTER TO DIE WITH COURAGE, THAN TO LIVE WITH FEAR

I find Brian selfish. Heck yeah he was the leader for years but isn't it possible to give the command over to somebody else?

Nah, he isn't selfish. He made Di what it is today, i woulnd't do it the same way but it his choice afterall. Most of the current old Di squad joined in late 2006-2007. There's really nobody suitable to take over. Bellmaster doesn't play that much, Muummi75, Tha Hanzz etc are all retired. Not that it matters, Di is no longer a clan. Like i said before, i'm sure Flako Rlz or somebody else will try to make their own generation of the new Di. It might be good, it might be bad, but one thing is for sure, there will never be another clan like Di.

Some people dream of success, while others make it happen.

Read this topic for all the info:

http://www.di-rs.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=82614

Pretty unexpected indeed, two top 10 clans down in 2009 (Shadow Elves and Damage Inc).

Shows how unpredictable the clan world is.

Out with the old, make room for the new...

TBH, I don't really care for clans that close because of good reasons... Although I must admit, there are a few clans out there that I wouldnt like to see gone... DI isnt one of them...

Being in the exact same position as he is (the leader part, not the willing to quit part), I can understand why you would want to burn such a bridge behind you. But as you said, an officer expressed his surprise, the last thing you'd expect is this being a unitlateral decision...

I give it a week and then the people of DI open a new clan of their own...

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

I know I haven't been in Top 10 clans for a long time, but I still appreciated the rivalry that DI gave us all. It's really unexpected and shocking considering that DI was the first clan I've ever wanted to join, and thought it was the most stable of all. I remember them being the one to beat at #1. I will miss you DI and will certainly miss those times piling Brian at first sight. :razz:

j0xPu5R.png

I was surprised when I heard, but I always did wonder how long Ghjjf would want to continue.

As much as he was hated, DI wouldn't be the same without him leading, so I respect his decision to close the clan.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

I have to say that while DI had remained near the top of warring for longer than any other clan in P2P and F2P they were always vulnerable because Ghjjf had such influence over what would happen to the clan. DI had the image of being unbreakable, they were the clan that would always be there at the top kind of but having one leader get so entrenched and influential creates the problem of what happens when that person decides to leave, SE had similar troubles with their leadership leaving at once, they did not want to hand the clan on as it was their clan so to speak.

You look at the oldest clans like BK, 'THE' and Gladz and what is clear is that we have no complete dependence on one member, all of us have relatively regular turnover at the top and it makes it impossible for problems like this to occur as even if one person or group decided that they wanted to end the clan there is such a depth in these clans leadership that, while maybe not impossible, it would be very difficult for them to pull it off.

When you rely upon one person then when that person is no longer in a position to be relied upon then where does that leave you?

Both SE and DI were big clans but they had this similar flaw and that is what for me led to their end.

Do you want to love me?