Tip.it Times 18 October 2009

n_odie

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that by now 99% of RuneScape agrees about the EP crap badly affecting the economy. They'll still do it of course, because it's free money. I also pray that message gets out to the idiots who work at JaGeX. Personally I don't know what the hell goes through their heads. Sure everyone's human, but there's human mistakes, and then there's just stupid/obvious mistakes made by dumbass people who should be fired on the spot. Where was the logic in getting more money than someone has? I mean really? If someone risks 76k, the opponent might get 5M. Yeah, that makes sense... :ugeek: If the only people who work at JaGeX are people that went to college and understand JavaScript, then sure, they're smarter than me... at JavaScript. But that is clearly the only thing you need to know to work at JaGeX because from what I've seen this past 1-2 years, everyone at JaGeX really IS a self-centered ignoramous that think they're right about everything.

If there's a problem with your game, you don't say, "Hmm, even though 99% of our players agree, we made this update, so we can't reverse it." You would say, "Hmm, it seems we made a mistake. We'll just have to accept the ridicule for a day but at least everyone will be happy." Clearly JaGeX can't seem to do that though.

Also... when I read that thing about the Dragon Chainbody, when it was posted by that mod on the RuneScape mainpage, I instantly thought we was a complete moron. A Dragon Chainbody... really? That's what you're going by? :rolleyes: Well look now JaGeX, your RuneScape has turned into a big FailScape and every single item that exists has increased significantly.

Will they fix this obvious EP problem? Common sense says: Highly unlikely

Two very good articles :smile:

kirderf123.png

99 Woodcutting 09/12/08 - 99 Cooking 13/01/09 - 99 Fletching 20/04/09 - 2,713th to 99 Construction 14/09/09

[hide=Quote]

New summon monster. You get 99 summon and complete a hard quest to gain the ability to summon Jesus, who splits the waters allowing you to walk to a new port town where you unlock the sailing skill. Obviously ;)

That was Moses you idiot.

That gets fixed in the bugfix the following week. Maybe.

[/hide]

Both articles were particularly well-written and made sense even if you're not really involved in the game. The DYK was pretty stupid, but that's mostly due to my opinion on CFLs.

Still missing the fictional article!!!

Thank you for the praise for the article, it took me a few weeks (yes, weeks) to properly think everything out and make a coherent piece of it, so much that I kind foi spent all my talent into this article (for now)...

Your positive comments make it all worth while :)

If you want to, feel free to spread this to as many people as you can... The more people that read it and agree with it, the stronger a voice this message goes out with...

I'd like to address the issue of F2P RuneCrafters getting possibly shafted when merging the Pure Essences back together;

RC was never a popular thing to do on F2P... Your best profit was in Air or Water runes anyways...

But before they split Pure and Rune Essences, they went for between 25 and 40gp each. Obviously, bringing the Essence cousins back together is something that will drastically lower rune prices, including Nature Runes which make alching cheaper...

Since then, autocasting using normal staves has been added, so Ice Bursting no longer requires a lot of Water Runes... On top of that came the Grand Orb Project which is a much easier way for F2P to get the essence for their RC needs

Keeping both but make Pure Essence mine-able on F2P is the worse option if you ask me, because it would make the F2P part of Essence that much rarer...

Hence, I am for reversing the update altogether...

Don't you hate it when you write an article and you express your opinion so well and the opposing party, in this case jagex, just doesn't seem to want to hear it?

It's almost like the Car manufacturers telling you what car you should like and dislike :P

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

The first article was very true and I agree with everything except the 50% of shards thingy.

My simple solution: let Jagex control prices.

This would free up hardware (that are now monitoring and storing all sales on GE) and would allow to keep things fair. It's also impossible to price manipulate...

Article one:

Inflation in the US is getting out of control. However Bernanke is going to raise interest rates, making money harder to get (US Dollars) and hence draining the economy. This is a good thing.

Fetzki has never taken any class on economics. Although you could argue this rate could be different a normal-high inflation rate in real life is 3-4%... Not 30-40%.

To Fetzki's brilliant remark on "Well not ALL items are going up in price" well... that makes it worse. Bob invests in a d chain. IT doesn't inflate as fast as an arma gs. He gets screwed...

Inflation is bad because it tends to snowball. Money isn't worth anything anymore. You can't continually change shop prices. They would have to increase prices on everything... which would in turn increase inflation. But the main issue with this is people have to keep on making money at current rates. Plus a little peek into elasticity, one of the many topics of a future article.

Elasticity is in brief the flexibility people have in regards to price. Basically how much they are willing to pay for something... For example a soda tax in San Francisco at one cent US/can. (It's been proposed.) This item would have low elasticity, as there are no substitutes available, and people do like their soda. People will continue to buy necessary items at higher prices, but less necessary items will drop off. LIKE LUXURY ITEMS THAT DON'T DO MUCH REALISTICALLY (D CHAIN COUGH COUGH COUGH) People won't spend as much for em. But the opposite is happening with arma GS. People must think they are a real necessity OR there is something else going on.

But the root of the problem is giving out free money... The PvP system is flawed, and the solutions proposed could not be implemented without potential difficulty as with any update. It would be a giant improvement over whatever cabbage Jagex and Mod Fetzki are doing right now. I feel that with Jagex's resources they could definitely figure it out.

(Only issue is possibly deflation, but I'm not sure how that would play out. At least it would eventually stabilize)

In response to the second article.

Why did Jagex do that? People weren't happy about getting beat by people with high herblore levels. I have no personal experience, but they could have just been nerfed in PvP and clan wars. I see no reason for them being nerfed in castle wars. It's just like somebody buying runes for ancient magic and using them there. It's sort of not cost efficient but if they want to do it, nobody loses anything.

They should have waited longer and assessed balance. Although at this point for even boss killing the potions don't do cabbage for how much they cost. They were best for PvP and got killed there hence eliminating the entire purpose of the update... Jagex just shot themselves in the foot. It's just like saying here is this uber degrading armor that can be smithed using 10 runite ore and 25 addy ore and 100 coal a bar. This is gonna be pricey. And it degrades. So what you end up with is people who realize it's stupid to use it at bosses and will instead use it in PvP. But if it isn't used for PvP nobody will make it because nobody will buy it.

~Deathmath

The first article was very true and I agree with everything except the 50% of shards thingy.

My simple solution: let Jagex control prices.

This would free up hardware (that are now monitoring and storing all sales on GE) and would allow to keep things fair. It's also impossible to price manipulate...

Errr... I think they can control prices. But if they control prices it won't work. Inflation will still occur people will junk trade around barriers. Free market best establishes prices. Inflation though being bad accurately represents the atmosphere of which goods are being bought and sold. The prices today are accurate FOR THIS BAD ATMOSPHERE.

And to price manipulation, yes, when that happens they hsould momentarily take charge. (In this case)

Finally as a disclaimer, I have no doubt that Fetski means well. Some statements have been somewhat short sighted, but any efforts into fixing the problem are appreciated :)

Thoroughly retired, may still write now and again

You sir, are;

- shortsighted for not seeing the grand picture of it all, this goes both to failing to see the grand economy as a whole, as well as ditching on new players, the one thing Runescape relies on.

- greedy for insisting that the rise of your valued items is normal, and should continue to do so.

- ignorant for thinking that I do not grasp the concept of economics, nor know what I am talking about.

- and finally, hereby challenged to write an article for the Times on why you consider the current goings on to be normal...

I apologize if my post came off as attacking you - I did not mean it to. I understand that you put a lot of thought into your article, and a lot of effort.

I would like you to consider that all of the effects that you have talked about are not just inflation. I don't know if there is a term that can describe everything that has happened, but its more complex than inflation.

I do not believe that I am shortsighted, greedy or ignorant, and I would invite you to reread my first post after you have calmed down, and perhaps in the future debate me when I can put an appropriate amount of time in a hypothesis of what has gone on. Right now I do not have the time, nor the inclination to express all of my views right here, especially because it won't be seen after 45 minutes as the thread moves on to the next pages.

You will hear my point of view in the future... And I look forward to reading what you have to say on the subject.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

Deal...

But know that large influxes of GP into the economy is what I call inflation... And as Deathmath explained for me, we've already gone way past a critical point where it starts to snowball on itself...

Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

I honestly think that Jagex should controll prices, but not through simply changing the price from 200 to 100 like they did with WF vials. Rather, they should add and remove items when necissary. So if a clan is trying to buy out an item Jagex just pumps items in to make it alot harder to buy out. Then when the clan inevitably fails Jagex takes the surplus items out of the GE. I don't know if that would work because I don't know economics at all, but hey its all I can think of that would stop manipulation.

Clan manipulation is tied alot closer to inflation then many people think. Take iron ore for an example. It was stable at 100 gp each literally for years. Then the biggest f2p clan hit them and sent it to 200 gp each. Then the crash came but many players saw that a clan was willing to do iron ore so they bought up iron ore before the presumed bottom so the crash stopped at 115 gp each. And of cource, with the influx of GP into the game people people can chose to either let their GP sit there or buy a very stable item that they know will not fall and hope it rises. And of cource it becomes a self fulfilling prophecy. Even a couple people buying 1M iron ore each is more then enough to send an item skyrockeying right back up.

Lemme see if I can find that picture that I made in another thread.

The second article was really good, but i completely disagree with it,

The best potion gives you an INCREDIBLE advantage over other players, much more than a godsword or dragon claws, and just seems impossible to balance correctly into the system. Adding herby to your combat level wouldn't be right for just the one lvl 96 item. And things like fishing would only affect your combat performance if food was untradeable.

I honestly think that Jagex should controll prices, but not through simply changing the price from 200 to 100 like they did with WF vials. Rather, they should add and remove items when necissary. So if a clan is trying to buy out an item Jagex just pumps items in to make it alot harder to buy out. Then when the clan inevitably fails Jagex takes the surplus items out of the GE. I don't know if that would work because I don't know economics at all, but hey its all I can think of that would stop manipulation.

Clan manipulation is tied alot closer to inflation then many people think. Take iron ore for an example. It was stable at 100 gp each literally for years. Then the biggest f2p clan hit them and sent it to 200 gp each. Then the crash came but many players saw that a clan was willing to do iron ore so they bought up iron ore before the presumed bottom so the crash stopped at 115 gp each. And of cource, with the influx of GP into the game people people can chose to either let their GP sit there or buy a very stable item that they know will not fall and hope it rises. And of cource it becomes a self fulfilling prophecy. Even a couple people buying 1M iron ore each is more then enough to send an item skyrockeying right back up.

Lemme see if I can find that picture that I made in another thread.

It's actually a really good idea, but it has its flaws.

It would make the items fluctuate more. You are trying to compensate. Once they stop trying to buy out you'll have to take them back out of hte economy, and you can't give people money for stuff they are selling that is being taken out of the economy without generating more GP.

Although merching does need to be taken care of. Somebody needs to watch for merched items, and hopefully just lower the amount of the item one can buy of that particular item for a set period of time.

(Somebody going into merch clan ccs from jagex is all it would take)

Mod Fetzki:

I do see that some prices are rising, yes - see above for one explanation - but I think in the long run we don't see an inflation in the sense that people need to work more in order to get their hands on a great sword.

Yes, but prices continue to rise...so they don't just work more. They work more, and then more, and then more for that same sword.

Law of diminishing marginal return.

The RS economy has always been a major subject, but it seemed like to me the economy was a heck of a lot more stable without the GE and there was free trade. Eh all my own economic opinion though.

Big_Stingman.png

Mod Fetzki:

I do see that some prices are rising, yes - see above for one explanation - but I think in the long run we don't see an inflation in the sense that people need to work more in order to get their hands on a great sword.

Yes, but prices continue to rise...so they don't just work more. They work more, and then more, and then more for that same sword.

Law of diminishing marginal return.

The RS economy has always been a major subject, but it seemed like to me the economy was a heck of a lot more stable without the GE and there was free trade. Eh all my own economic opinion though.

And mine. Free trade degraded with the GE and PvP updates.

To the author of the herblore article:

Those pots ARE overpowered(especially the mage and a bit the range potion as well). It's either get 95 herblore, or have no chance.

Then the solution is for Jagex to maybe reduce their power slightly in PvP only, and then for people to get 95 herblore. Of course it might be unfair that these people have an advantage, but if people didn't have advantages over other people... then what is the point of the game at all?

I'm glad people are liking the article :) :^_^:

I rarely ever post..but, I had to say something about the herblore article. It seems to me the person that wrote it didn't exactly see the full extent of those potions.

Demoliboy,

A friend of mine was hitting 53 and more with a whip, not really wearing max damage gear; he was just messing around after the release and killed some gargoyles.

Normally, whips don't hit that high,even wearing stat, vesta and such, you roughly hit 49.. He was doing this without those. And the range potions..sure..maybe it added +3 hits, but to a dark bow that already packs a heavy punch, enough to kill you in one shot, the potion helps.

Maybe they might not seem over-powered to you, but if you carefully looked at it you would realize they were. 50's with a barrage? which freezes you..now..imagine someone doing that, and running to claw/dagger/maul/ags spec you, because as we all know people don't fight with just one style. They hybrid, and you wouldn't survive. It's not possible..

Anyways, great first article, the inflation is a pain. Wasn't keen to the second but, to each his own I suppose.

Well, I wrote it. :P

And it is difficult to see the full extent of the potions when they've only been out for a short while and were only in PvP for a very short amount of time. There was no real way for people to tell if they were going to cause real problems with PvP, not within 2 days. I highly doubt many people who PK regularly have 95 herblore, and if they do why shouldn't they get a reward? Also, if it seemed like there was a lot of people using the potions when it first came out, it was because that happens. Many people who don't PK regularly will have gone to PvP to try their potions out. I think Jagex were a bit premature to rush into removing them like they did.

Edit: Also, welcome to the Tip.It forums. :thumbup: It's always nice to have new members that can create discussion :)

Maybe not many people have 95 herblore but as people play they will inevitably get herblore higher especially once they see other people hitting 50's with barrage or 80's with an AGS. Everyone will want to do that so you'll even see pures training herblore and eventually 95 herblore will be a standard among pk-ers and it will drastically unbalance the game in a game where people are already able to hit far over the HP level of most players. As for the range potions, wouldn't a higher range level also increase your accuracy? With increased accuracy you would then hit more consistently with bows that already hit hard like the Dark Bow. Of course, that's only if higher range level increases accuracy. Anyway those potions give benefits far beyond just helping to kill people in PvP. I could use the potions to finish my slayer tasks faster or go dragon hunting with an AGS which would mean much faster kills. So taking the potions out of PvP kept PvP becoming worse than it is already while still allowing people the benefits of these potions. :lol:

Now, has anyone tried any of these potions against Tz-Tok Jad. (spellcheck please) :blink:

I resemble that remark!

Achieved quest cape for first time on: 4-2-09 WOOHOO!

Beat Nomad on 6-24-10 WOOHOO!.

331bfcd139.png

For the first article all the proposals are great ideas and i think that all or them could work, all of them except the pure essence one. With so much of it already in the economy how would Jagex possibly remove it? Or change it back to regular rune essence? The Update was made more then 3 years ago and though it might help the economy, the task of changing it back would be almost impossible and might cause an uproar of members who suddenly find that there extensively mined pure essence is worth next to nothing. The idea of it is grande but almost impossible in a real sense. The other proposals were magnificent and i think u should, if possible, present them to Jagex ASAP they could really benefit the slowly crumbling economy.

firashma.png

firashma.png

firashma.png

firashma.png

firashma.png

firashma.png

(First time I ever posted on these forums - I have 2k+ posts on the Jagex Runescape forums but never been on here :P)

I'd just like to say, they were two of the best articles on Runescape I have EVER read. Finally, some truths from someone who clearly has a deep understanding of the game (even more so that a lot of Jagex, I bet :P) And the solutions to EP-farming and inflation were, to put it simply, great.

I'm still split about whether the new extreme potions are overpowered, I can't make my mind up :P

Anyway, Jagex put a link to these articles on their Twitter; hopefully that means a few Mods will read it. Plus the Twitter hint for next week's update talks about the 'marketplace', hopefully changes to the economy and PVP drops.

So it's looking good :D And thanks for some great articles; I'm going to make sure I read all the tip.it ones from now on :D

Maybe not many people have 95 herblore but as people play they will inevitably get herblore higher especially once they see other people hitting 50's with barrage or 80's with an AGS. Everyone will want to do that so you'll even see pures training herblore and eventually 95 herblore will be a standard among pk-ers and it will drastically unbalance the game in a game where people are already able to hit far over the HP level of most players. As for the range potions, wouldn't a higher range level also increase your accuracy? With increased accuracy you would then hit more consistently with bows that already hit hard like the Dark Bow. Of course, that's only if higher range level increases accuracy. Anyway those potions give benefits far beyond just helping to kill people in PvP. I could use the potions to finish my slayer tasks faster or go dragon hunting with an AGS which would mean much faster kills. So taking the potions out of PvP kept PvP becoming worse than it is already while still allowing people the benefits of these potions. :lol:

Now, has anyone tried any of these potions against Tz-Tok Jad. (spellcheck please) :blink:

See this is why so many updates end up unbalanced, because trying to balance content, particularly high level, must be incredibly hard. You are right that more people will get herblore and the need to do have that sort of level to compete with other players will become more necessary, but I don't think removing the potions entirely is the right way since it feels to me like it's taking something away from Herblorists. Perhaps nerfing the abilities within PvP a bit, without removing them entirely.

(First time I ever posted on these forums - I have 2k+ posts on the Jagex Runescape forums but never been on here :P)

I'd just like to say, they were two of the best articles on Runescape I have EVER read. Finally, some truths from someone who clearly has a deep understanding of the game (even more so that a lot of Jagex, I bet :P) And the solutions to EP-farming and inflation were, to put it simply, great.

I'm still split about whether the new extreme potions are overpowered, I can't make my mind up :P

Anyway, Jagex put a link to these articles on their Twitter; hopefully that means a few Mods will read it. Plus the Twitter hint for next week's update talks about the 'marketplace', hopefully changes to the economy and PVP drops.

So it's looking good :D And thanks for some great articles; I'm going to make sure I read all the tip.it ones from now on :D

If the potions are too overpowered or not to be used in PvP is something that is still very debatable and confusing :)

Welcome to the forums and I'm glad you liked this week's articles :thumbup:

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

For the first article all the proposals are great ideas and i think that all or them could work, all of them except the pure essence one. With so much of it already in the economy how would Jagex possibly remove it? Or change it back to regular rune essence? The Update was made more then 3 years ago and though it might help the economy, the task of changing it back would be almost impossible and might cause an uproar of members who suddenly find that there extensively mined pure essence is worth next to nothing. The idea of it is grande but almost impossible in a real sense. The other proposals were magnificent and i think u should, if possible, present them to Jagex ASAP they could really benefit the slowly crumbling economy.

Merging pure and rune ess and fixing them at a price of, say, 120 each, and announcing that they will do it in two weeks time will have these effects;

- People massively dump their pure essence in the GE to rapidly buy rune essence, hoping to get a bit of extra cash, will result in both pure and rune essence creeping closer to the 120 GP per piece limit...

- Both rune and pure essence will be worth roughly the same (around 120) for a short period of time, and while Pure essence is not mined on P2P, rune essence is all of a sudden mined on F2P cuz it snow good profit...

- Runecrafters might buy the now cheaper Pure ess to make P2P only runes, which causes those to fall in price as well...

- The merge happens and the price is held steady at 120 GP for two days, after which it is allowed to fluctuate again...

- The Rune essence price will sink to the pre-merge levels of around 40 each...

The only people shafted in this is are the F2P RuneCrafters who will have to put their hobby on hold for two weeks, and those who still cling to large piles of Pure Essence (an item which has only a single purpose besides being held for merchanting)...

I fail to see the harm in doing this...

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
CLICK IT!

I agree with the first and second solutions somewhat, but solution three seems to have no pertinence to the problem being addressed (inflation). In addition, solution 3 would have no effect at all - it would just move the response to whenever the announcement was made.

Read: Rational Expectations Theory

Now, the second article makes a good point, but I disagree with it completely.

Why? Because the new potions are SO powerful that they make it possible to kill your opponent, even if he had 99hp, before he had a chance to react. Sure, that may have been technically possible before (I've lost track of the max hit), but if so, barely, and only with incredible enhancements. And not everyone has 99hp. Heck no. Way more people have their Strength level in the high 90s than their HP level. The problem is that max hits have gotten so high that peoples' hitpoints simply can't keep pace with the problem. I appreciate the potion that raises players' maximum HP, but that's not good enough, to be blunt. You shouldn't have to drink a super-powerful potion every several minutes to avoid being potentially KOed without a chance to react.

But do players with high Herblore still get an advantage over others? HECK YES, but in a fair and balanced way. They can now kill God Wars bosses and the Corporal Beast faster than those who can't, and power-training combat and slayer is far, far easier than it used to be. That's a hugely significant difference, but unlike the few few days after this update, these players get an advantage that doesn't cost other players millions without a chance to defend themselves. And is that fair? Yes. Yes, it is.

Merging pure and rune ess and fixing them at a price of, say, 120 each, and announcing that they will do it in two weeks time will have these effects;

- People massively dump their pure essence in the GE to rapidly buy rune essence, hoping to get a bit of extra cash, will result in both pure and rune essence creeping closer to the 120 GP per piece limit...

- Both rune and pure essence will be worth roughly the same (around 120) for a short period of time, and while Pure essence is not mined on P2P, rune essence is all of a sudden mined on F2P cuz it snow good profit...

- Runecrafters might buy the now cheaper Pure ess to make P2P only runes, which causes those to fall in price as well...

- The merge happens and the price is held steady at 120 GP for two days, after which it is allowed to fluctuate again...

The only people shafted in this is are the F2P RuneCrafters who will have to put their hobby on hold for two weeks, and those who still cling to large piles of Pure Essence (an item which has only a single purpose besides being held for merchanting)...

It would however hurt the players that bought huge quantity's of pure essence to raise Runecrafting.

They would have spent millions on that pure essence, then they would see that they would have to sell it, but they could not. The markets would be flooded with pure essence, and no one would be buying it. This would (as you have said) cause pure essence to diminish in value soon making there investment a huge loss for them.

Prism_Swords.png

Now, the second article makes a good point, but I disagree with it completely.

Why? Because the new potions are SO powerful that they make it possible to kill your opponent, even if he had 99hp, before he had a chance to react. Sure, that may have been technically possible before (I've lost track of the max hit), but if so, barely, and only with incredible enhancements. And not everyone has 99hp. Heck no. Way more people have their Strength level in the high 90s than their HP level. The problem is that max hits have gotten so high that peoples' hitpoints simply can't keep pace with the problem. I appreciate the potion that raises players' maximum HP, but that's not good enough, to be blunt. You shouldn't have to drink a super-powerful potion every several minutes to avoid being potentially KOed without a chance to react.

But do players with high Herblore still get an advantage over others? HECK YES, but in a fair and balanced way. They can now kill God Wars bosses and the Corporal Beast faster than those who can't, and power-training combat and slayer is far, far easier than it used to be. That's a hugely significant difference, but unlike the few few days after this update, these players get an advantage that doesn't cost other players millions without a chance to defend themselves. And is that fair? Yes. Yes, it is.

I agree that putting the potions in as they are might cause problems in the long term, since more people will get high herblore to use the potions, even if there are so few using them now. But, I don't think removing them from PvP was the best option, especially not from the PvP minigames.

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

It would however hurt the players that bought huge quantity's of pure essence to raise Runecrafting.

They would have spent millions on that pure essence, then they would see that they would have to sell it, but they could not. The markets would be flooded with pure essence, and no one would be buying it. This would (as you have said) cause pure essence to diminish in value soon making there investment a huge loss for them.

If they bought it to train up runecrafting, why would they sell it? They would just keep on using it up to train runecrafting.

Really this would only hurt P2P who mine essence for cash.

pugnax_lupus.png