[Help Wanted!] Mining: A Complete Guide

Zaaps1

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After giving the appropriate people some spanking (nothing says I love you better then some good ol' spanking), the old hide tags should work again! :thumbsup:

When everything's been said and done, more has been said than done.

All skills 80+

angel2w.gif

Awesome, switched back, thanks again!

Great guide so far :thumbsup: I recomend(gold) the grand tree mines because they have 4 gold and 2 adamant with some mith,coal and iron mixed in. Its good if you are mining addy and mining coal in the downtime with gold when it apears. Also if you mine iron and finish a trip its always nice to get an extra 2k on your way out.

"Also if you mine iron and finish a trip its always nice to get an extra 2k on your way out. "

I'm not sure what you mean here.

Thanks for the advice though! I'll look into it.

I would like to point out that the Mining Guild is not THAT crowded.

I mine there on a full world and have little trouble with competition.

The Skeleton's Mine is a bit far from a bank to be really effective, which is why no one mines there. Just pointing it out.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

In my (although old) experience, it's always been crowded. That's why I mentioned to go to the guild if you could sustain.

If you don't mind going out of your way a bit, could you get me a picture of the Wilderness Rune mines? It would help a ton.

As far as the list you compiled goes, I will most likely add it. However, note that this guide is not focused on mining the best ore you can, but the most effective ore you can.

I should've seen this yesterday, 'cause I went rune mining last night :lol: . I'll screen + post when I go rune mining again tomorrow.

Also, Sonic's right, the mining guild nowadays is not very crowded. Perhaps because when you used to play there, there still weren't any restrictions on guild entrance? :eek: Granted, there are usually ~5 people on an arbitrary (F2P) world, but there's enough coal for everyone - at least there usually is. Although w1 & w3 guilds tend to have ~15+ in there at a time.

Also, from what I know about revs, you should be fairly safe at 40+ cmb, as the only revs with patrol routes extending that close to Edgeville are imps and goblins. In extremely rare cases, you'll encounter a rev and get [cabbage]'d over. In any case, I'd recommend bringing wines, not pizzas, considering pizzas are 1.5k now O_O

Banking iron and coal is ~15k xp/hr fyi. No powermining section? (I mean, it's amazing xp, and fun too! :---) Ok, maybe not very fun.)

d9f84e76d7.png

Thanks!

Powermining section is coming. I decided to do profit first.

I just noticed the F2P gold section.

If you're going to bank, just use Cabbage-ports and bank at Draynor, and Cabbage-port again back to the Crafting Guild. No point wasting money on expensive law runes.

Also, a substitute spot would be Karamja volcano, but this only works in full worlds. I only mentioned this spot, because the Crafting Guild is almost always populated, while Karamja volcano is not.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

Falador bank is much faster and is worth both the space and the money to get there.

Isn't Karamja too far from the bank?

Falador bank is much faster and is worth both the space and the money to get there.

Isn't Karamja too far from the bank?

Cabbage-porting decreases the length to Karamja by quite a bit.

Also, my mention of that you don't need Falador teleports is because of the cabbage-port. Not really necessary to bring two teleports when you have one that does not require runes.

Besides, the prices of all runes are skyrocketing...

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Karamja still seems way too far to me. You're most likely better just hopping.

You might also want to add the mith, addy, and coal mines in Kara. Despite that they're so far from a bank, some people may still appreciate them for the lack of competition. Do include a warning about aggressive scorpions and moss giants, though.

Here's the rune ores pic:

rkvmlx.png

d9f84e76d7.png

Just a thought:

For Port Khazard mining, couldn't you use a Beast of Burden, bank at Castle Wars, and teleport back with Lunars? I know this used to be a good method a few years back, but could it still be viable?

Picture2-10.png

So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Finished section 2: Mining for Profit.

Thanks guys!

I will consider that piece of advice.

Nice dark beast section!

Though, doesn't that apply to just about every NPC that takes up more than one square? I found that out when ranging catablepons in the north-west room.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

I've mined gold in Keldagrim North before. Never had problems with crowds--the only other people mining there were typically at the addy or runite. If there was anybody at the gold, hopping just once or twice would find a free world no sweat.

I'd be interested in some ores-per-hour rates.

You should expect around 400 ores, or 500-600 ores if at Concentrated Gold.

I suppose I just caught the K North mines in the initial hype. Will add them in when I get the chance, thanks!