[Help Wanted!] Mining: A Complete Guide

Zaaps1

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well Coal is still a good 40gp or so ahead of iron, although in truth iron is most likely better money since, as you said, you can 1-hit it.

Ooh, you mentioned Hobogoblin's Mine? You might as well add in the Steel mine.

No one, absolutely NO ONE goes and mine there. I have once powermined there for two hours straight, and only saw one other player, and a group of 3 revenant imps. This was on a FULL WORLD (world 1).

You're in low level wildy, which means very few types of revenants can actually attack you - and the chance of that rev coming is usually very, very low. You can even use the iron rocks to fend off the skeletons up north.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

True, but there's only 2 iron rocks together if I remember correctly. M2-D2 isn't as efficient as M3-D3, so I'd rather not focus on a mine that is exclusive on a less-efficient method.

True, but there's only 2 iron rocks together if I remember correctly. M2-D2 isn't as efficient as M3-D3, so I'd rather not focus on a mine that is exclusive on a less-efficient method.

I know, but those kind of spots are FAR easier to use, due to the fact that you don't have to move at all. So, provide those kind of spots as alternatives?

Oh, and the Dwarven Mine (just north of the guild) has a 3 iron rocks nearby together, if you're going with the spots you mentioned.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

True, but moving 1-2 squares (on run) actually has no significant impact on your mining speed.

Also, the Dwarven Mines are too crowded to use effectively last I was there, but perhaps you can prove me wrong.

True, but moving 1-2 squares (on run) actually has no significant impact on your mining speed.

Also, the Dwarven Mines are too crowded to use effectively last I was there, but perhaps you can prove me wrong.

Really? I always thought that running would slow down your progress, because as you run to the rock and mine, it has a slightly longer animation than if you stood still.

In that case, just forget about my spot suggestion. I'm just so used to standing still and mining the iron, as many, many guides I read advised me to do that.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

I just wanted to add that for skillers(people with less than 20 hp) there is a spot in the al kharid mine that is safe from the scorpions and has 2 ores. It has 3 coal too if you are super heating. I don't have any pics, but It's accross from the silver. <_<

I never really advocate the mining + superheat method because it isn't very efficient. Simply buying the ores to superheat, then powermining iron is a much better option.

That being said, while there is a safespot from the Scorpions, wouldn't it be better to simply mine at Rimmington, where you never have to worry about any scorpions?

I never really advocate the mining + superheat method because it isn't very efficient. Simply buying the ores to superheat, then powermining iron is a much better option.

That being said, while there is a safespot from the Scorpions, wouldn't it be better to simply mine at Rimmington, where you never have to worry about any scorpions?

Well this is true, if you are a low level and want mage xp, it works and you mage a decent profit and you get mining xp along with smithing xp. About the RUmmington mines, The competition is very feirce there between skillers, and I prefer the calm and scorpion infested mine of Al Kharid. Its a personal choice, but as I bank my ores(I'm reallypoor right now)Al Kharid works best for me.

Ok, I'll add it in. Would you mind grabbing a picture of the safespot for me?

Is your estimate on Runite ores per hour accurate? I've spent many hours mining in the Light Temple, and for 1 hour (60 minutes actual time, not game) I could only get 30-35 max.

By the way, Imp Boxes are a HUGE aid to profit miners.

Picture2-10.png

So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

I am sure it is correct as it is an average of the ores I get per hour.

That being said however, the differences between you and me are many and can account for such a significant decrease.

Time zone, for one, plays a big impact. Other factors such as time taken to block off Dark Beasts, etc. also play a big role.

However, if you would like to correct my figure, just do a few more tests at different times of the day and take an average.

I am sure it is correct as it is an average of the ores I get per hour.

That being said however, the differences between you and me are many and can account for such a significant decrease.

Time zone, for one, plays a big impact. Other factors such as time taken to block off Dark Beasts, etc. also play a big role.

However, if you would like to correct my figure, just do a few more tests at different times of the day and take an average.

I think you should put several hide categories inside the mining for profit one, to make browsing more efficient. Scrolling through that entire thing isn't very pleasant when you want to find something, no offense :|

Still awesome stuff though :) Already has the makings of another AoW.

d9f84e76d7.png

They re-allowed that? will do, then.

hi zaaps1 =D> great guide

i have some additions, your light temple section, i know a very quick very easy lure which traps them all regardless of their position upon loging in.

id be more than happy to demonstrate to you? just add me: my current rsn is pixel plight.

im afraid its just easier to see.

also i was just at living rock creatures and thought, its possible mine iron ore and deposit down the rope? theres only two iron rocks though, but could work in a crowded place, as well being next to an obelisk?

ginger_bits.png

SO what im ginger, I fry in the sun, and have a temper, at least I can laugh at myself.

Great, thanks! I'll add um in when I have the chance.