Mechscape is going to destroy runescape.

VEGHATERMEATLOVER

Sigh... just more proof they aren't run like a business. I'm not saying they should release a subpar game, but to just can it after all that effort seems foolish.

And wasn't it just after August that good updates started coming back? You know, after the team that was working on Mechscape quite working on it?

If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sigh... just more proof they aren't run like a business. I'm not saying they should release a subpar game, but to just can it after all that effort seems foolish.

And wasn't it just after August that good updates started coming back? You know, after the team that was working on Mechscape quite working on it?

The team that was working on Mechscape is now working on Stellar Dawn, and has been for a while now. Stellar Dawn, with different content than Mechscape, is set to be released in 2010, so it's been in development for a while now.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

To clear things up, Jagex is still working on a Sci-Fi MMO. It's just that it isn't Mechscape. It's most likely called Stellar Dawn and this change in direction was taken due to the fact that the initial version of Mechscape that they thought was going to release this year was sub-par in standards.

I found this info on the fansite Mechscapeworld, where Mark Gerhard had a Q&A session with them recently. I don't know if I'm allowed to link other fansites or not, so I'm not going to. But it's on Mechscapeworld.

Ok, now about the OP, Why do you think Jagex, MMO veterans, would release a micro-transaction system with their next MMO?

Logically, business-wise and Marketing-wise, it makes FAR more sense to give it a monthly fee and add a discount system for people who are members of more than one Jagex endeavour. (e.g., A member of Runescape, Stellar Dawn and Funorb will pay less per month for each item, compared to someone paying for only Stellar Dawn)

Besides, historically speaking, Micro-transactions haven't performed as well as the Monthly fee format in the North American market, which is Jagex's largest market. Hence why almost all MMOs played in North America are monthly fee based.

Fellsig.jpg

Wow, sorry about the first post; it wasn't that good.

I'm on my phone so... Yeh

anyway, basically the rant was this:

SD will basically be a mask to the destruction of runescape, without having PVP drops or trading in the first place; no one will complain, the evidence I've got for this is the fact that they have openly addmited to not having skills ingame: will this mean that there will be training or even moneymaking for that matter.

meatlover.png

SD will basically be a mask to the destruction of runescape, without having PVP drops or trading in the first place; no one will complain, the evidence I've got for this is the fact that they have openly addmited to not having skills ingame: will this mean that there will be training or even moneymaking for that matter.

Utter, complete, total [cabbage].

How the hell will the lack of skills in Stellar Dawn (or whatever MMO Jagex is planning to release next) make RuneScape die? Complete lack of connection between your claims.

Moreover, the absence of skills is only in Mechscape. Jagex has never said anything about Stellar Dawn not having skills.

And the absence of skills doesn't mean there won't be training. Many MMOs just have a direct EXP system, allowing you to gain EXP for doing just about anything, from quests to killing monsters. Also, even if you don't get EXP for killing monsters/doing quests, you can still get money/items.

Why don't you just stop trying to defend your [cabbage] claims and just let the damned thread die?

Phone or not, you're still a barely-literate twit.

If I remember correctly, they also said that you don't level through grinding, so it's possible SD will work on a system similar to Eve Online. Also: How do you equate no levels like runescape to no methods of making money or training? By the way, there's no money in Stellar Dawn. There's also no User Interface, oh and the MMO is offline. It will also be run by Bernard Madoff.

Oh my god guys! There's a JOKE in Stellar Dawn, clearly the game will be about Hitler, and you will take a pickaxe and literally break Runescape. Then Jagex will shut Runescape down, ban everyone, and bill them a jillion dollarz cuz der liek bad guize n dey dun kurr bout derj;sdalkfjsdkjfeir[kaboom]

Oh...My...God. It's the undead Eatrunearrow! Quick, run before his incoherent arguments CONSUME YOUR BRAINS!!!

emot-ohdear1.png

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

Sorry, Hex. Until you can actually prove any of this crap (and give us a reason about why you're ranting.... you are semi-retired, after all), all that will be said here is that you can't prove this crap.

Obvious solution to thread is obvious. Either lock or put something worth reading.

Edit: And yes, I have returned to the Rants forum. Beware, all ye rants that may remain unproven!

a70c7.png

Sorry, Hex. Until you can actually prove any of this crap (and give us a reason about why you're ranting.... you are semi-retired, after all), all that will be said here is that you can't prove this crap.

Obvious solution to thread is obvious. Either lock or put something worth reading.

Edit: And yes, I have returned to the Rants forum. Beware, all ye rants that may remain unproven!

Well, he is Hextriplet. He posts for lulz.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

Let's look inside the mind of this guy for a second, and actually see what this post means! Thoughts in his head shall be in parenthesis.

(Oh god, I'm getting flamed and I can;t stand the heat. I need to apologize for my idiocy by smoothing it over with more idiocy!)

Wow, sorry about the first post (not really, I just can't stand being flamed); it wasn't that good (It was a masterpiece and you weaklings treat it as the rantings of a ten year old!)

(Think up an excuse...play it cool) I'm on my phone so...Yeh (Suave!)

(Now let us rework the rant and say something I was not saying in the first post, just to make myself sound a bit better!!!)

Dear Hextriplet,

Congratulations sir or ma'am on achieving a level of idiocy rarely found on the Tip.It Forums rant page. Thank you for posting your half-assed rant with more errors in it then the losers of the first grade writing contests stories. But at least their stories made a bit of sense. Through using what we here at TIF like to call "Proper English" perhaps people will understand you better, or maybe not but at least you won't look like a child.

You have officially been entered into the hall of fame. We here at the Tip.It Hall of Fame enjoy finding unique people like you, who enjoy the site so much, they decide to throw their idiocy on it, turning rants from serious discussions, to laughable comedy movies starring Arnold Schwarzenegger. You know, the kind of movies where the character doesn't make sense, the jokes suck, but the parts that aren't supposed to be funny are funny?

Please walk up our marble staircase that leads to the giant wooden doors of the complex. Do not hit your head on the metal studs protruding from the door! Open the door and enter the ticket room. You don't need a ticket though, you are a hall of famer now!

You enter a Hall of Ranters featuring a statue of Omali hugging a hugging smiley, and other well known ranters who have made an impact upon the forum with their harsh words and violent attitudes.

Then you enter a room playing Bob The Builder atop the ceiling. Statues dot the room. One if of EatRuneArrow getting ice barraged to death in the wild he so misses. Another is of TheDayRunescapeDied...dying. CandianSmurf, drowning in his own tears. And how can we forgot the amazing Quelmotz spontaneously combusting after a hot debate?

Now you shall join the ranks of the LOL Hall Ranters. You shall be depicted as a somewhat flustered man, who is getting destroyed by a giant robot Hitler.

Congratulations of being a failure!

Well, he is Hextriplet. He posts for lulz.

Then get the [bleep] off this forum. You don't post for the lulz in rants, want to post for the lulz go to the RSOF.

hatsune-miku-wallpaper-49-1.jpg

I have now siggied that because Ratcheteering is now my new favorite word.

And I also feel that our saying "His" name will conjure him from the dark abyss we had cast "Him" into.

^ Let it go.

As for the topic of this thread, the new jagex game will impact RS.

Some RS players will try the new game, will be interesting to see how many stick to the new game and how many will return to RS.

A maxed out RS char will probably keep playing the new game though. This will potentially impact the economy and just the gameplayer less sellers of godwars and other good monster loot, plus less rich buyers pushing up prices of resources.

At this point it's hypothetical but obviously the new game will impact RS, to what extent still remains to be seen.

>>>>>>> As an aside it's very irritating that whenever someone new posts on these rants forums there is a core group of regulars who post on these forums and make people feel very unwelcome.

It's the rants forum lighten up.

This thread will die a natural death there is no need to demand it be locked.

Also it's not like the tip.it rants forums is very active these days, it's boring.

SEE??? I told you "he" would return!

Also it's not like the tip.it rants forums is very active these days, it's boring.

It's only boring because you have nobody to support your half-assed rants. Seriously, the Tip.It rants forum is fun.

You rant so things will improve? Have your rants improved anything? No they have led to some of the most hilarious flame wars ever. Which is why I described you as a cry baby and Quelmotz as a guy who will probably spontaneously combust.

>>>>>>> As an aside it's very irritating that whenever someone new posts on these rants forums there is a core group of regulars who post on these forums and make people feel very unwelcome.

That's intentional. Think of it as an initiation for the rants forum, if you can't take the heat, get off of TIF. Hell if you look at my post history, you'll see that myself and libs got into a lot of arguments back about a year ago, that inevitably just turned into hair pulling and flirting, even though libs started it emot-swoon.gif.

edit: Did I say Ratchet? I meant Me_Hate_Libs. Damnit, I screamed out the wrong name again.

This thread will die a natural death there is no need to demand it be locked.

I agree, keep this thread open. The longer this discussion goes, the longer the OP has to stew in his own bile.

Hence why I want this thread to stay open. It's not often we get a true example of incoherency like the OP.

I don't need players to support my rants.

In the same fashion Uwe Boll doesn't need his movies to be successful, yet he keeps making them with the funding of a loophole in German tax laws that literally pay him whether or not his movies bomb. But that's why we love us some CanadianSmurf, always a surpriser.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

Then get the [bleep] off this forum. You don't post for the lulz in rants, want to post for the lulz go to the RSOF.

Look at Hextriplet's post count.

Then, look at his join date.

You'll see what I mean.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

Look at Hextriplet's post count.

Then, look at his join date.

You'll see what I mean.

Looking at his 10 most recent posts is enough to convince me that he's not old enough to achieve the "teen" title.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

Looking at the fact he has an avatar from a Garfield movie is enough to tell me he is a prepubescent who has attained more post counts in less then three months through stupidity and simple answers to questions. It took me more then a year to get to one thousand posts, and I post quite a bit.

But then again, I'd rather get a couple thousand worthwhile posts then a bunch of posts that leads to an aside in a stupid thread by myself that tries to deduct my age.

Let's look inside the mind of this guy for a second, and actually see what this post means! Thoughts in his head shall be in parenthesis.

(Oh god, I'm getting flamed and I can;t stand the heat. I need to apologize for my idiocy by smoothing it over with more idiocy!)

Wow, sorry about the first post (not really, I just can't stand being flamed); it wasn't that good (It was a masterpiece and you weaklings treat it as the rantings of a ten year old!)

(Think up an excuse...play it cool) I'm on my phone so...Yeh (Suave!)

(Now let us rework the rant and say something I was not saying in the first post, just to make myself sound a bit better!!!)

Dear Hextriplet,

Congratulations sir or ma'am on achieving a level of idiocy rarely found on the Tip.It Forums rant page. Thank you for posting your half-assed rant with more errors in it then the losers of the first grade writing contests stories. But at least their stories made a bit of sense. Through using what we here at TIF like to call "Proper English" perhaps people will understand you better, or maybe not but at least you won't look like a child.

You have officially been entered into the hall of fame. We here at the Tip.It Hall of Fame enjoy finding unique people like you, who enjoy the site so much, they decide to throw their idiocy on it, turning rants from serious discussions, to laughable comedy movies starring Arnold Schwarzenegger. You know, the kind of movies where the character doesn't make sense, the jokes suck, but the parts that aren't supposed to be funny are funny?

Please walk up our marble staircase that leads to the giant wooden doors of the complex. Do not hit your head on the metal studs protruding from the door! Open the door and enter the ticket room. You don't need a ticket though, you are a hall of famer now!

You enter a Hall of Ranters featuring a statue of Omali hugging a hugging smiley, and other well known ranters who have made an impact upon the forum with their harsh words and violent attitudes.

Then you enter a room playing Bob The Builder atop the ceiling. Statues dot the room. One if of EatRuneArrow getting ice barraged to death in the wild he so misses. Another is of TheDayRunescapeDied...dying. CandianSmurf, drowning in his own tears. And how can we forgot the amazing Quelmotz spontaneously combusting after a hot debate?

Now you shall join the ranks of the LOL Hall Ranters. You shall be depicted as a somewhat flustered man, who is getting destroyed by a giant robot Hitler.

Congratulations of being a failure!

Absolutely hilarious. :lol:

Spontaneous combustion is positive. :mrgreen: Hey, at least it gets the job done.

Just thought of something when and if the new game comes out.

There will probably be a lot of players taking breaks from RS to try out the new game (duh...).

What can be expected from this ?? Lots of people selling high lvls equips to invest in rares. I see a huge shift in value of some high profile items in the weeks following the release of the new game. If the game is a success, expect lots of rare to "vanish" and rise if the players taking breaks never come back. If it's a failure, expect the market to regain balance somewhat quickly.

langerkiller.png

Follow the progress of top players and my weekly updates here: 200M in all Skills

Latest Milestones Chart update : page 602

Latest top 15 update : page 602

6 slowest skills chart : page 563

After 1k posts of trolling and acting stupid in the OT Hex decides to be hated by almost everyone in Rants forum too?

Oh god...

I am looking forward to Mechscape, and if Mechscape ends up being a succes, more profit to Jagex will only benefit Runescape. Wonder why everyone think Mechscape will be Runescape's doomsday -.-