How is it any different?

onedaysoon

Why were statues even necessary? Why couldnt ancient armours like statius replace them, and just be a litte more rare then statues are now. That way it wouldnt drive prices down too much and money would not be added to the game.

Also, make it so that value of the drop cant exceed the value of the opponent's armour, unless it was a target kill.

Tell me any flaws in these ideas.

The only real flaw with that is that, in essence, RWT could come back. Also, if you could get what your opponent loses, or up to 2x that, there would be no motivation to fight people with little risk.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

76k'ing is much, much worse than rwt. Before rwting was removed, no one really paid much attention to Rwting itself. Sure people noticed it and were annoyed but just moved on with their lives. I'm sure anyone you ask who played back than would take that over how it is now. However once Rwting was removed big consequences started to emerge in the market of raw supplies, everything from essence to dragonhide rocketed up Never to return to the prices when the rwters were about. Jagex foolishly added this drop system of pvp with the exploit of 76k'ing. The act of 76k'ing brings in massive amounts of gp, without any being taken out, Causing the massive inflation you see now. So as you see with each update jagex made to try and fix the situation it just made things worse. Practically crippling the Runescape economy, and providing a way to essentially afk, 1m an hour. All in all Rwting > 76'king.

patr1ckotg1.png

76k'ing is much, much worse than rwt. Before rwting was removed, no one really paid much attention to Rwting itself. Sure people noticed it and were annoyed but just moved on with their lives. I'm sure anyone you ask who played back than would take that over how it is now. However once Rwting was removed big consequences started to emerge in the market of raw supplies, everything from essence to dragonhide rocketed up Never to return to the prices when the rwters were about. Jagex foolishly added this drop system of pvp with the exploit of 76k'ing. The act of 76k'ing brings in massive amounts of gp, without any being taken out, Causing the massive inflation you see now. So as you see with each update jagex made to try and fix the situation it just made things worse. Practically crippling the Runescape economy, and providing a way to essentially afk, 1m an hour. All in all Rwting > 76'king.

I disagree. RWT made it harder to make a decent amount via gathering skills, by keeping the supply high. Although 76king produces cash instead, the demand is higher, and thus items are worth more. This greatly helps slayers, fishers/wcers/miners, as well as monster hunters.

Stonewall337.png
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)

Why were statues even necessary? Why couldnt ancient armours like statius replace them, and just be a litte more rare then statues are now. That way it wouldnt drive prices down too much and money would not be added to the game.

Also, make it so that value of the drop cant exceed the value of the opponent's armour, unless it was a target kill.

The only real flaw with that is that, in essence, RWT could come back. Also, if you could get what your opponent loses, or up to 2x that, there would be no motivation to fight people with little risk.

There would be motivation if they were your target. Even if you killed someone with just rune you still could get around 500k if they were a target. And its not like you couldnt get more for a target kill.

Since the amount you get is random, there is a good chance that it would take many attempts to transfer money. So the rwter might need to use many millions to transfer just 1 million.

BOO

I disagree. RWT made it harder to make a decent amount via gathering skills, by keeping the supply high. Although 76king produces cash instead, the demand is higher, and thus items are worth more. This greatly helps slayers, fishers/wcers/miners, as well as monster hunters.

Yea it seems to cancel each other out except for the fact that gp is being brought into the game out of thin air, that is the biggest problem here. It's like if everyone in a certain country could print their own money, and use it. This causes huge inflation, and really only affects the people who train combat. Skillers who gather material may be making more of a profit but what about skills like crafting? or Herblore. Economically it's just not good. you may consider this rather offtopic but consider this also, while rwting was around there was no grand exchange therefore no Price manipulators controlling the economy. That is also I consider to be a factor in why I think rwting was better.

patr1ckotg1.png

There would be motivation if they were your target. Even if you killed someone with just rune you still could get around 500k if they were a target. And its not like you couldnt get more for a target kill.

Since the amount you get is random, there is a good chance that it would take many attempts to transfer money. So the rwter might need to use many millions to transfer just 1 million.

If the amount were that random, there would either be no motivation to fight, or the person would have to drop cash. Both are bad. (EG, I kill someone in a DFS. I can't really get that, since it would be possible to RWT. Then I would get GP, and we have the same problem. If it were rare to get what the other person loses, there is no motivation to fight anyone in decent/good gear.)

Also, I am not saying that inflation isn't being caused, but rather that 76king isn't worse than RWT.

Stonewall337.png

I'd like to point out that Jagex created this entire mess, from start to finish.

All MMORPGs have RWTing. But Jagex wanted to take a stand against it. Thus we had randoms and some other, relatively minor updates. Those did nothing but annoy legitimate players so they went a step forward: they created Pure Essence. Before hand, the fastest way for RWTs to make the scratch was mining essence in F2P. With the separation, their most lucrative method was destroyed, at least in F2P. So many went to members, often stealing credit cards to do so. This led to the banks supposedly telling Jagex that they would no longer allow players to use credit cards, a claim I still find suspect as other companies (particularly Blizzard) never had those problems. And this led to the infamous December 11 updates, which are known and criticized throughout the gaming community. Heck, Encyclopedia Dramatica lists it, and that's written by 4-channers. In an effort to revitalize PKing, they created several ill-received minigames. Later, they developed a somewhat satisfactory system that's only flaw was the devaluation of high profile monster drops. Then, they zogged it to Gork with the blasted statues.

So, in short, Jagex caused the circumstances that led to the "necessary" anti-rwt updates, which, given their track record for honesty, I find suspect.

If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?

I'm sick of Jagex trying to fix the game to stop RWT, it's ruining the game for those that abide by the rules, and at the end of the day, RWT will still exist in one form or another. Jagex need to give up and reward the players who play properly, not punish them with junk like this pvp system, trade limits and the god awful GE.

jd4mfinalsmal0jp.gif

Proper Daily blogging including Starcraft 2!

Includes goal for 80+ all stats

Inflation is natural in an economic system.

Yes, you can quote me on that.

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

Well the way I see it people PK because they enjoy it rather then the money it brings in, if its what they like to do for money there's nothing wrong with it, but in my eyes that doesn't really make them a PKer. SO the motivation is your enjoyment.

Inflation is natural in an economic system.

Yes, you can quote me on that.

I will. Inflation is natural there is no doubting it. This is not natural.

To use a RL example lets just say a new form of fuel was found that was better for the environment and it could be used for cars, electricity, everything. Lets say that this fuel was man made and led to a mass inflation in the countries where it was most concentrated, that would not be natural. That may be a bit hard to comprehend, if it is I am sorry. Basically this new PVP system is unnatural inflation.

4sDIn.png

I would just like to point out that RWT STILL exists thanks to that pitiful excuse of 'Free trade where players dictate the prices' that Jagex calls the Grand Exchange. Due to price limits(not trade limits but artificial price limits), there are plenty of ways people can transfer money.

I would just like to point out that RWT STILL exists thanks to that pitiful excuse of 'Free trade where players dictate the prices' that Jagex calls the Grand Exchange. Due to price limits(not trade limits but artificial price limits), there are plenty of ways people can transfer money.

Or simply jumping on the users account while they're asleep and 76king for them at a price. It happens. RWT will exist no matter what, Jagex should giveeee up and bring us our game back.

jd4mfinalsmal0jp.gif

Proper Daily blogging including Starcraft 2!

Includes goal for 80+ all stats

Everything rose in price. That's inflation. A RS gold coin is worth less than it used to be. But because everything is more expensive now it doesn't matter. Skills may have gotten more expensive even with taking inflation into account but that's a continuation of a trend that started the moment skill capes were introduced. People want their capes and they're willing to pay for them.

EDIT/ The only people who are annoyed by inflation are those who accumulated a decent cashpile before the PVP update and now see it become worth less every day. Everyone else who whines just don't get the concept of inflation.

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

But as said many times, prices aren't rising in the same rate.

High-class weaponry and armoury has risen with about 75%..

Yet alchables (since they're tied to a certain "alch price") - and indirectly also runes only rose 40-50%..

THAT is what's making the already big gap between combat for money and skills for money even bigger than it used to be! - really it seems to me that combat is mandatory, and that nothing is helping other skills anymore.. (Being allround becomes less and less good, and it's more and more becoming a game where you need 1 money-making skill, and then just buy the rest with the money you made!)

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

Or simply jumping on the users account while they're asleep and 76king for them at a price. It happens. RWT will exist no matter what, Jagex should giveeee up and bring us our game back.

Well, they(RWT) can just as easily go on your account and train it/make money by other things like Godwars and what not, so by that logic you have proclaim that everything in RS enables RWT. Or, you have to remove this inexplicable connection between RWT and 76k. I concur with you that RWT will alwaays exist, however, to me it appears that Jagex doesn't particularly care about RWT, they care about control. That is why all this BS with the GE is happening which DIRECTLY enables RWT but Jagex refuses to fix it because that would mean losing some of their artificial price caps and ultimately their control. Talk about insecurity; you are already the developers of the game,how much more control do you need?

EDIT/ The only people who are annoyed by inflation are those who accumulated a decent cashpile before the PVP update and now see it become worth less every day. Everyone else who whines just don't get the concept of inflation.

Thats just not true. If "EVERYTHING" went up by the same rate of inflation it would not be a problem. However the case we have is where certain high level armour, weapons and dragons bones etc have risen by HUGE amounts whearas rsources collected by skilling, fish, ores, wood etc have NOT risen by the same rate. That means that my time spent skilling is worth less than before.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

But the people who woodcut and fish for money aren't the people buying high end armour. The people who do buy that armour monsterhunt themselves. Those same people buy the very expensive dragon bones and runes for getting prayer and summoning/ magic up. They're not buying fish or other low level resources unless they offer a very good method for training a skill like dragon bones, green dragonhides and death runes.

And merciful, most people who get a 99 use the fastest method available. For example, cutting ivy and barbarian fishing. You could also fish sharks or chop yews but those things are very slow compared to the fastest methods.

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

Once again I don't know where you are getting your facts from but I consider myself to e high levelled and I don't monster hunt for cash.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

What a stupid question. What's the difference? Jagex doesn't care about RuneScape Gp, the reason why RWT was so bad was it cost them real life money as a company because of credit card frauding used by gold farmers. THAT's why RWT is worse to Jagex then 76k'ing. They'd much rather have a massive influx of game gp, causing everything to sky rocket in price, then be losing millions of dollars due to credit card fraud. Wouldn't you agree?

oversized.jpg[/bads]

What a stupid question. What's the difference? Jagex doesn't care about RuneScape Gp, the reason why RWT was so bad was it cost them real life money as a company because of credit card frauding used by gold farmers. THAT's why RWT is worse to Jagex then 76k'ing. They'd much rather have a massive influx of game gp, causing everything to sky rocket in price, then be losing millions of dollars due to credit card fraud. Wouldn't you agree?

I was about to say the same thing.

Also RWT is different because people are using factors outside the game to gain wealth. When you can just buy a p-hat instead of having to do something in game to acquire it cheapens the value of money even more so.

britonlongbo.png

No not really. I posted this because I was interested to see more or less what other players thought, not how it affected JaGex. To JaGex RWT was so much worse then 76k'ing that they are happy with the way it works. However as I'm sure you should know, judging from your post, most players would prefer to have the game the way it used to be before all the PVP updates.

4sDIn.png

But the people who woodcut and fish for money aren't the people buying high end armour. The people who do buy that armour monsterhunt themselves. Those same people buy the very expensive dragon bones and runes for getting prayer and summoning/ magic up. They're not buying fish or other low level resources unless they offer a very good method for training a skill like dragon bones, green dragonhides and death runes.

I beg to differ!

I skill for the cash I need for that SS I want someday. I skill for the cash to buy a bunch of dragon bones. I skill for the cash to buy the armor I need. I skill for the cash I need to buy a few more super sets so I can do a couple dozen more slayer tasks

I skill for my money. I am aiming for 'high-end' armor and weapons. And it's not enough.

Admittedly, I'm probably in the minority. BUT, there IS that minority. Don't make it sound like it's not there.

Balance may be power, but chaos is still pretty damn fun.

Lielac.png

Canada can't be second rate, polar bears are their main mode of transportation.

A quick google search says that 1m gp now costs just $1.80. My guess is that all the RWTers do now is just gain EP on your char for Statues til you get the money you paid for.

Your guess is wrong, sorry.

RWTers are very crafty. Why do you think Onyx is 2.7m now? It was used to RWT with.

13,337 posts aswell, very naice.

A quick google search says that 1m gp now costs just $1.80. My guess is that all the RWTers do now is just gain EP on your char for Statues til you get the money you paid for.

RWTers are very crafty. Why do you think Onyx is 2.7m now? It was used to RWT with.

What are you talking about? I distinctly remember furys being 3m+ in world 2 before december 2007. I'll admit some people are very clever and use that gift for bad, but a lot of the rwting site DO just trick 24/7 on your account until they aquire the asked amount of gp. Also to your point about using onyx's for rwting, I believe that was dragonstones, and that method was known by the majority of runescape before it was removed.

patr1ckotg1.png

What are you talking about? I distinctly remember furys being 3m+ in world 2 before december 2007. I'll admit some people are very clever and use that gift for bad, but a lot of the rwting site DO just trick 24/7 on your account until they aquire the asked amount of gp. Also to your point about using onyx's for rwting, I believe that was dragonstones, and that method was known by the majority of runescape before it was removed.

he's talking about Tokkul... uncut onyx coosts 2700000 tokkul now.