Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Leaked picture of a new rs interface?

• Please log in to reply
150 replies to this topic

decebal
[ Display Name History ]

decebal

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,315 posts
  • RuneScape Status:F2P
  • RSN:Decebalus6
Tbh, the "old" skill icon disappoints me. It could still be legit.

I can't wait to know how many hours I wasted that I could've used to.. well... get wasted.

Posted Image

toast647
[ Display Name History ]

toast647

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,435 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Toast647
  • RSN2:Cursed Toast

I don't know what to think of this. Certainly looks interesting but I don't know how legit it is.

Agreed
Posted Image
Come to #tip-it on Swift IRC, if you're cool

Aquashock
[ Display Name History ]

Aquashock

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 940 posts
I want to see time played. I've been [bleep]ing for a /played option since i got into WoW.
Posted Image
^^Click For Monster Hunting Blog (180M+ in drops)^^

Shelby_Polo
[ Display Name History ]

Shelby_Polo

Retired Crew Leader

• Members
  • 1,856 posts
  • RSN:Shelby Polo
I think it looks fake; it's honestly not Jagex's style.

Posted Image
Suggest a poll for Tip.it - Here!

xBrandonx
[ Display Name History ]

xBrandonx

Rat Meat

• Members
  • 48 posts
  • RSN:Brandon
  • Clan:SoDB
Wouldn't it be "After killing an abyssal demon..." not "After killing a abyssal demon..."? That and the style have me wondering about legitimacy. Other than that, I would find the updates annoying unless they are set by the player. I don't think I would want something automatically logging everything I did, lol. Ah well, the time thing will be intriguing.

Edit: There are also other inconsistencies in capitalization in the image. :mellow:

InkofDeath
[ Display Name History ]

InkofDeath

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,918 posts
I like the direction and concept Jagex has around these UI interfaces and how they work (if it's real).

I think they're stepping in the right direction for the players, but something is just off on the interface, I don't know what it is, but it's distracting enough that I don't think it looks 'pretty'.

The Dark Lord
[ Display Name History ]

The Dark Lord

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 6,517 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • Clan:S.W.A.G.
Sounds cool and depressing. Imagine all of the hours/days/years that you've wasted while staring at a little pixellated man.
SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

Grasle
[ Display Name History ]

Grasle

Retired Crew

• Members
  • 500 posts
  • Clan:solo dolo

If it's real, I can't let my dad see the time played, that's for sure.

Anyway, I doubt it is real-The old stat icons and the default forum avatar are both there.
Plus, date is today, so...
Also, who fights a Mithril Dragon, suddenly decides to go fight an (Look, just one) abyssal demon, then go back to the dragons?

It's the activity of friends. Notice the s. One is probably killing abyssal demons, the other mithril dragons. Never did it say they were the same person.
Posted Image

Seabourch
[ Display Name History ]

Seabourch

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 98 posts
  • RSN:Doctor Ogba
  • Clan:Malicious Intent
Sounds good, not what I was expecting but good nevertheless.

wioneo
[ Display Name History ]

wioneo

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,410 posts
  • RSN:wioneo
That does not look very "Jagexy" in my opinion, but it would be ncie if it is at elast partailly real. The time played and automatic drop log seem especially nice...don't see the need to have it stalking your friends though :ohnoes:

Barrows: 9~2 V Brass,V Flail,2 Dh Plate,V Helm,V Skirt,T Legs,Malevolent Shield DKing: 48~6 W Ring,13 A Ring,8 M Staff,9 S Ring,7 B Ring,3 Seercull
Dragon Drops: 405~46 Med,26 Axe,3 Chain,8 Legs,9 Spear,2 D2h,8 L Half,49 Boots,2 Skirt,2 DDs,9 Lump,8 Claws,56 Dagger,13 Visage,74 Mace,4 Scimitar,2 Hasta,Baxe,51 Long,29 Royal,2 Kite,Ward,Plate,Staff,Hammer
GWD: 151~4 S Staff,72 Shard,9 B Tass,13 B Plate,5 B Boots,6 A Plate,11 S Sword,8 A Hilt,3 A Skirt,9 A Helm,S Hilt,3 B Hilt,B Glove,2 A Buckler,Z Ward,Z Garb,Z Boots,B shield

Corp: 3~Elysian,2 Sp Sh Nex: 3~Torva Legs,Cere,P cowl + GWD2: 6~2 Glaive,Wand,2 Crest,Blade Araxyte: 5~Web,3 Pheromone,Fang + Raids: 4~3 Codex,P Boots 

Etc: 57~3 Sceptre,B Mask,16 Whip,2 Focus Sight,5 D Bow,6 SOL,Ragefire,2 Steadfast,Arma Staff,4 Rider Armor,4 Vine,2 Razorback,2 A Wand,Abby Orb,Blood Shard,5 Hydrix,Gland

Capes

Sk8erfreak
[ Display Name History ]

Sk8erfreak

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,175 posts
  • RSN:Sk8erfreak

I'm going to say it's a fake. The skill icons are the old versions. Why would they use outdated material for a new update?

I just checked the hiscores and those are the exact same icons. I doubt this would be an in-game interface, looks more like it would be a feature of the website, in which case it makes sense to use those icons.
Posted Image
136 Combat, 2290+ Skill Total

demby123
[ Display Name History ]

demby123

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,188 posts
Uh...

Am I the only one who notices this guys 2235 total lvl with only 287 days played?
Posted Image
Posted Image

Sk8erfreak
[ Display Name History ]

Sk8erfreak

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,175 posts
  • RSN:Sk8erfreak
287 days is probably the hours added up, meaning it isn't 287 days since he created his account, but his character has been logged in for 287 FULL days. (287d multiplied by 24h).
Posted Image
136 Combat, 2290+ Skill Total

Blutters
[ Display Name History ]

Blutters

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,157 posts
  • RSN:Blutters

287 days is probably the hours added up, meaning it isn't 287 days since he created his account, but his character has been logged in for 287 FULL days. (287d multiplied by 24h).

6888 hours for those who CBA.
Wow. But I hope that they have days since account creation too. 6-7 years playing is likely more impressive than all of the time I've wasted (read: nothing productive even by RuneScape standards, as in just standing around).
As if it matters, this'll also give ammo to the annoying flamers who love to scream 'no-life' whenever they're beaten or outwitted.

2dgucz6.png

stevepole
[ Display Name History ]

stevepole

Ace of Spades

• Members
  • 8,477 posts

I'm going to say it's a fake. The skill icons are the old versions. Why would they use outdated material for a new update?

I just checked the hiscores and those are the exact same icons. I doubt this would be an in-game interface, looks more like it would be a feature of the website, in which case it makes sense to use those icons.

I agree. If anything this is going to be a new feature on the website. It looks like they are working on a social network like profile system imo.

And am I the only one whose noticed the RSS feed? That definitely isn't going to be an in-game feature.
Posted Image

Youmu
[ Display Name History ]

Youmu

Retired Website Crew

• Members
  • 4,622 posts
I personally don't care how much time I spent playing RS. It would be interesting to see though.

If it is real, then good. :thumbup:

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

ArtemisCatal
[ Display Name History ]

ArtemisCatal

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 183 posts
  • RSN:ArtemisCatal
It also has a place for the full body pics of the avatars. Also, I'm not concerned about what it says, so much, as it is probably just actions they were using to test the system.

CampbellMC
[ Display Name History ]

CampbellMC

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,868 posts
[ DAVE NUB ]: Overall 2,235 | Dueling 1,812 | Bounty-Rogue 695 | Fog 708 | Att 99 | Def 99 | Str 99 | HP 99 | Range 99 | Pray 99 | Magic 99 | Cooking 99 | Woodcut 99 | Fletch 99 | Fishing 91 | Firemaking 99 | Crafting 99 | Smithing 88 | Mining 83 | Herblore 99 | Agility 85 | Thieving 75 | Slayer 99 | Farming 86
[03:14:08] -[XR]RuneScript- *** [ DAVE NUB ]: Runecraft 83 | Hunter 83 | Construction 76 | Summoning 99

That is who the profile is of, is there any reason why they would test it on a real person?

SirHartlar
[ Display Name History ]

SirHartlar

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,692 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
I personally think it is a fake, but would lije it if it were to come true. The hours played would be very interesting. :P

BloodAngel
[ Display Name History ]

BloodAngel

Retired Website Crew

• Website Crew
  • 3,645 posts
  • RSN:Severa
I personally think it is fake, there is some poor grammar in it as mentioned above and also if they were going to test it on a real player (even though they don't need to) surely they would use someone with max stats for general ease of communication?

SLwQsg1.png

"Unfortunately, the real world isn't the same as a fairy tale."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users