Leaked picture of a new rs interface?

z0diark

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saw this pic linked in irc (from a top 100 player I won't name). Apparently he got it from a friend and I'm guessing it's related to the update Jagex promised about showing your total gameplay hours etc. What do you guys think, fake or legit?

We could just ask were he got it.

Is the player in the pic your friend, or is it of someone you don't know?

Peopel are saying the icons are off, but that's not a good case. The icons are the same on the Highscores, and they probably share the same URL as the icons in the pic. So the icons would not change until they change the icon image files. (I hope I explained that clear enough.)

Of course they could have the new icons with a different URL, so to change the icons they replace the URL.

I'm just saying this because it is a good explanation of why they use the old icons.

[ DAVE NUB ]: Overall 2,235 | Dueling 1,812 | Bounty-Rogue 695 | Fog 708 | Att 99 | Def 99 | Str 99 | HP 99 | Range 99 | Pray 99 | Magic 99 | Cooking 99 | Woodcut 99 | Fletch 99 | Fishing 91 | Firemaking 99 | Crafting 99 | Smithing 88 | Mining 83 | Herblore 99 | Agility 85 | Thieving 75 | Slayer 99 | Farming 86

[03:14:08] -[XR]RuneScript- *** [ DAVE NUB ]: Runecraft 83 | Hunter 83 | Construction 76 | Summoning 99

That is who the profile is of, is there any reason why they would test it on a real person?

I wanted to PM the OP before posting this myself. Tell him to remove the HS rank.

Prism_Swords.png

looks sweet..

about the inconsistancy's with capitalization and grammer... if this is infact real, it obviously isnt completed yet...

There are still things in runescape which have these errors, even years after they where added to the game. Im sure if they where to release this all of that would be fixed...

My spider-sense is telling me it's fake, but I like it a lot.

If it turns out to be true, I'd be very, very interested.

Unknown_Warrior.jpegIgGCP.png

Dragon Drops : 5 Dragon Medium Helmets, 3 Dragon Claws, 3 Dragon platelegs, 2 Dragon plateskirts, 2 Dragon Hatchets, 2 Dragon Spears, 7 pairs of Dragon Boots, 1 Dragon pickaxe, 10 Dragon defenders, 3 Dragon 2h swords, 1 Dragon armour Slice, 1 Dragon armour Lump, 1 Dragon chainbody, 1 Dragon kiteshield, 1 Dragon hasta, 1 Dragon ward, 25 Dragon knives pairs
The Warrior's Blog , Herblore Habitat - Efficient and profitable

[hide=Stats and logs]

The_Warrior.png
.:Adventurer's Log:.

[/hide]

Obviously a fake.

Doesnt fit in with rs style, plus it is clearly a webpage and not an in-game interface.

And they don't have pictures of these things.

Not to mentioned incosintencies as Racheya pointed out.

Like the friends bit says "I killed a mithril dragon"

Now correct me if I'm wrong but I means the account owner and therefore would not be in the friends bit of the page

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Obviously a fake.

Doesnt fit in with rs style, plus it is clearly a webpage and not an in-game interface.

And they don't have pictures of these things.

Not to mentioned incosintencies as Racheya pointed out.

Like the friends bit says "I killed a mithril dragon"

Now correct me if I'm wrong but I means the account owner and therefore would not be in the friends bit of the page

But if it was faked, then why would someone go through all the trouble to make it look so real, then do something so obliviously dumb as use the wrong person? That seems more like incomplete coding, then a writing mistake.

Prism_Swords.png

I didn't say the wrong person.

I said the clear fact that under the my acitivtes feed you have all the I did...

Under friends you have X did ...

but for no apparent reason too "I killed a mithril dragon" are in there

And as racheya rightly said upper fronts are wrong, symbols are outdated and while the you feed has time and date friends only has date.

Equally the scrolls don't match the current rs webpage style, nor does using grey.

And as I said looks distinctly like a webpage rather than an interface which means they'd be no screenies lurking around waiting for KB updates; it'd only be images off the page lurking.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Err... My parents would kill me if they found out... :P

;;;;:::.... ¸**¸ .. ¸**¸**,¸¸¸,* ©ÿ hê õå *,¸¸¸,**¸**¸ .. ¸**¸ ....::::;;;;

¸**¸ ..::;;; *¸ *,¸¸,* . ,¸¸¸,* ./¥\àêr õ árçâm *,¸¸¸, . *,¸¸,* .¸* ;;;::.. ¸**¸

*,¸¸,* .. *¸ ..::;;; *¸ **¸ .. Mäý hê õåêr ôvêñ bë wïh ÿõµ .. ¸** ¸* ;;;::.. ¸* .. *,¸¸,*

;;;;;;:::::..... *,¸¸, *,¸¸¸, *,¸¸¸,**,¸Gô îñ Þéàçê ¸,**,¸¸,* .,¸¸,* .,¸¸,* ......:::::;;;;;;

This signature was made on the RuneScape forums by me, Cy The Toast.

Hmm, any faker that would be able to make that has to be active on a faking forum, and on most of those the other fakers take off a lot of points of that fake for flaws.

So someone that made that fake would obviously try to perfectionise it to make it look real :/

Saw this pic linked in irc (from a top 100 player I won't name). Apparently he got it from a friend and I'm guessing it's related to the update Jagex promised about showing your total gameplay hours etc. What do you guys think, fake or legit?

We could just ask were he got it.

Is the player in the pic your friend, or is it of someone you don't know?

Someone I know rather than a friend as such. When I asked where he got he simply said "friend" and I decided to not press him about it. As I said though he is a top 100 ranked player and doesn't seem the type to fake random stuff but who knows?

With regard to the word 'interface' used in the title I believe it was a poor choice of wording, I don't think it would be an in-game feature, rather something you could access via logging in to the main website (like forums etc).

Personally I do think that this is legitimate, it fits the style of the runescape website and I believe Jagex have promised us a feature telling us our total gameplay time and this looks like a good way of doing it, I agree with the person earlier who suggested that it looks as if Jagex are adding some kind of social networking element to runescape and I'm interested to see how it might turn out. I'm also wondering if the recent website login update is in some way connected to this potential new website feature, time will tell...

ichigosig2da4.jpg

It's a fake, I could tell when I first saw it that it looked off.

1. Where did it come from? Something doesn't just leak so easily with no proof of where it's from. Remember the Objective system & MA teleport were both leaked through the RS website.

2. The date of the dragon claw drop is yesterday - this would have been designed far more previously to now.

3. The drop of the dragon claws seems odd (some dragon claws) and doesn't fit in with Jagex's style. Also the dragon claw drop has the full time & date, but the friend's abyssal whip drop just has the date.

4. inconsistencies in capitalisation

5.The old skill icons are being used - if they were making a graphical update with the page then you'd think they'd incorporate the newer icons (eg in the context sensitive mouse option, the new unreleased prayer symbol is used).

6. None of the font in the top half matches anything Jagex would use, really.

Not saying its real or fake, but I want to point a few possible explanations of these, if it were real.

1. Don't think that is a very good reason, there's always the chance someone at the RS HQ could be a bit mischievous.

2. A leak could happen at any time...

3. This is a good point, but then again they are separate lists, and it sort of makes sense for your personal list to give a few more details, but again.. it does seem to drop to legitimacy.

4. True again, but not inconsistent with the same titles, or same bodies. Could just be early coding mistakes?

5. As I pointed out before, those are the same icons as the hiscores, so it makes sense to use those. Also, the icons need to be small, and the ones in-game are too detailed to be re-sized like that without being messed up.

6. Fonts are fonts, no reason they can't change it up every now and then.

And as for the "a Abyssal Demon" instead of "an," It could be because the "I killed a" is a generic response and the monster name is the only changing variable in the sentence. So it will always be "I killed a 'X'"

I am leaning more towards fake at this point, but I really want something like this!

meleevsarcher.gif

136 Combat, 2290+ Skill Total

It's a fake, I could tell when I first saw it that it looked off.

1. Where did it come from? Something doesn't just leak so easily with no proof of where it's from. Remember the Objective system & MA teleport were both leaked through the RS website.

2. The date of the dragon claw drop is yesterday - this would have been designed far more previously to now.

4. inconsistencies in capitalisation

5.The old skill icons are being used - if they were making a graphical update with the page then you'd think they'd incorporate the newer icons (eg in the context sensitive mouse option, the new unreleased prayer symbol is used).

6. None of the font in the top half matches anything Jagex would use, really.

1. Not always true, loads of images are leaked via other services, more so now that Jagex are connecting with 3rd party websites.

2. So? Maybe they were testing it yesterday and took a screenshot?

4. Jagex always do this, even spelling mistakes sometimes.

5. Skill icons aren't old, they're the official ones they're using on the hiscores, even at present date.

6. Not true, Jagex have changed fonts a few times, even colours both in-game and out-of-game.

Obviously the stats section isn't close to Jagex's current style, let alone the new one they seem to be phasing in (objectives, summon left click option select, etc)

However, no-one seems to have pointed out how stupid this is from a technical standpoint.

This is talking about logging and displaying every single event for every user, including the drops from each monster, on top of serving individual RSS feeds for every account.

Also, doesn't it seem like the friends events would be 'user action' instead of 'I action'.

From a UI perspective, it makes no sense to have buttons for Settings and Compare with Friends in such prominent positions. You usually don't leave buttons the exact same style as the text boxes, either.

21233608.png

in new york, concrete jungle where dreams are made of

theres nothing you cant do, now youre in new york

these streets will make you feel brand new

big lights will inspire you, lets here it for new york

I'm going to say fake for the obvious few reasons as the outdated skill icons, the odd font and the great inconsistency with the date and time and capitalization. As people have said, it's easy to fake something like this, and until I get a URL linking to the RS official website, I won't buy this.

archsupportei2.png

outsanitysig1jc0.png

|2,300+ Total|138 Combat|12 Lvl 99 Skills|99 Slayer|blogbutton.png

Doesn't look legit to me. Plus it says the rank of that person is 3495, which those aren't his skills. Why would Jagex BS the levels of someone if they have code written behind it, it should be able to retrieve the skills. They wouldn't just make a picture and make up their own levels...unless it's concept art. But even then, still looks fake to me. I guess he could have changed ranks...but overall it just seems to be lacking the officalness of Jagex.

Big_Stingman.png

I'm going to say it's a fake because when you really think about it, right now the high scores don't update in real time, they update once you log out of your account. So how would the feed for "I killed such and such monster" work? It would only make sense if the page was updated as your playing but think of how much resources this would take to be able to do that. Plus why would you need an RSS feed for your own activity?

Add in the fact the grammatical errors and a grayish background (why not brown to match with the rest of the site?) it just seems like a really well done fake. Also at the top where it gives rank, and total level, and total experience, why are they white while the rest is a greyish transparent colour? Doesn't seem to really fit in.