Found a smoking mils interview

OrganizedChaos

Why the hell do Jagex not just ban the big clans and end their CCs? They are all advertised in world 2 by spam bots, so simply read the spam and ban the owners.

Problem solved, get off your arses Jagex.

So let's say Jagex shuts down the publicly advertised clans... do you not think they will go underground and keep on merching?

There will just spawn 10 new ones....

The demand for these clans is there: and as long as that demands stays high there will be people creating those clans.

What he's doing needs no more than common sense and good judgement.

You know that's the only requirement for 90% of the real life jobs out there? (Being president, bank people, investors).. You only need to have a good talk and people will always follow you as sheeps. - Really, that IS intelligence.

No, I wouldn't call that intelligence. Anyone can do it. Not just anyone can become president, especially no-one that has no real knowledge of what it takes and how to get there.

RIP Michaelangelopolous

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think trustworthy moderators should be given duties to do.

Their duty:

Every 2 hours go to G.E and check for price manipulator spammers

Their power (For trustworthy moderators ONLY with good understanding of price manipulation):

Give Weekly mutebans on the spot (If up to me, 5 months mute)

Haha reading that indeed make me think Sal's has become a new *merch* site...

I'm just wondering what the big amount of players that is against merch clans can do to counter them ...

I made some bucks back when there was a half key/crystal key merch i even dunno... but it made me some easy 100k's... i never sell items i may use again pe. but i have around 80 d stones that will probably rot in my bank.

note i'll never buy stuff in ge to make profit of it... but i guess tons of people are like me : they accumulate, and acumulate items... And when see an opportunity they will go for it and sell all to the merchants...

nasty_jenny.png

Haha reading that indeed make me think Sal's has become a new *merch* site...

I'm just wondering what the big amount of players that is against merch clans can do to counter them ...

I made some bucks back when there was a half key/crystal key merch i even dunno... but it made me some easy 100k's... i never sell items i may use again pe. but i have around 80 d stones that will probably rot in my bank.

note i'll never buy stuff in ge to make profit of it... but i guess tons of people are like me : they accumulate, and acumulate items... And when see an opportunity they will go for it and sell all to the merchants...

The questions were formed in such a way that it made this method of money making look good, for the only reason that the person who made up the questions, that forum mod, is also one of these people. Who runs their own channel, albeit nothing big whatsoever but with the same..."Ideas" in mind. "This is a good item to merch, buy this sell at this. Gl" So that person's not going to try reveal the real truth and reality about this because they themselves play a part in it.

RIP Michaelangelopolous

Surprisingly I don't play the actual game all that much But I do dabble in the occasional bit of skilling or questing.

Annoying punk.

There's something wrong with semi-retired people? :razz:

*sniffs* :cry:

dangsig.png

By popular demand, this signature is back- however I currently do not have a blog up at the moment and if I did I wouldn't update it. Sorry, the sig links to nowhere :( .

Surprisingly I don't play the actual game all that much But I do dabble in the occasional bit of skilling or questing.

Annoying punk.

Heh, I think I can call myself semi-retired, but that..that's neither. He *Has* to logon frequently, be it to update his clan chat name, chat ranks, GE offers..that puts it at nearly daily.

How often he does "normal" things for the "average" RuneScape player is what this's about. Greedy is all he is.

RIP Michaelangelopolous

Annoying punk.

I think it's more of a problem with semi-retired players that screw around with the economy even when they have no desire to spend the money they make off of the players who are actually playing the game and need the money to do things rather then just let it sit in their banks and rot. At least that's how I feel.

Sad that he thinks ruining items (at some times these clans ruin Farming as a skill too) is fair. He's riding a very fine line when he says that nobody in the clan loses anything, because everyone else in the game does.

So more answers from this punk I'll comment on.

Annoying who the moderator didn't ask any "hard" questions about him, like if he see's it as okay to make billions of GP at the expense of tens of thousands of players, or explaining why he feels the need to do so when ~6B is enough to get 200m XP in many skills using the fastest methods.

It is true that for every gp made in the G.E. a gp is lost, but people need to consider the fact that the 'gp lost' is not confined to clan members but rather spread across every regular player in the game that pays an inflated price, while the great majority of the 'gp made' IS focused on clan members as we control the vast majority of the game volume.

So stealing large quanities of cash from the community is okay... as long as it's form many people.

The general trend is that people sell when an item reaches a 100% price rise, but Smokin Mils broke that trend a long time ago and many people choose us because of our regular 200%+ price rises.

And often on important things, like those godamned prayer potions, a very vital part of the game.

I thoroughly enjoy the activity of merchanting and running the clan, and I don't have any 'end' goal in mind in terms of wealth. I just keep going for the fun of it . I am not nearly as profit orientated as I used to be because I can afford anything that I would ever need in game. Now it is mostly for the fun.

Aquiring insane amounts of cash to rub off to at the expense of tens of thousands of others is "fun" for him?

We also have plans for a general money making and merchanting public website in the future where regular players can learn the secrets to making 500k-1m+ per hour without high stat requirements, or making fortunes in their sleep through various forms of merchanting.

There are idiots who don't know how to kill green dragon without some [wagon] telling them how?

Good money-making methods aren't all that hard to figure out or carry through with. I mean, what, there's green dragons, avansies, double-nat crafting, the little-known mud rune crafting, Fruit falling, Barrows, Herb-Farming, Farmer-Thieving, Rune mining, fishing, superglass-make....

...That is all...

When you go feather dragon god, you never go back.

The only people who should be giving this guy the time of day are Jagex, and by Jagex I mean their Community team banning him, his clan, their spambots, and blocking their credit cards, and telling them that they are not wanted as customers or players.

He needs to be beaten with a spiked clue bat.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

Here's what I walked away with from that interview:

[spoiler=Click here]

propaganda03.jpg

I wholeheartedly believe that this interview was made to make the clan look good, and on top of that, it gives them more free advertisement (everywhere it was posted). It's kind of disheartening that this kind of gamestyle could be thought to be legitimate, and I'll give you two reasons why.

1) Power of Clan Manipulation. If I really have to spell this out, it will involve a $800 dictionary set flying at your head.

2) The fact that he doesn't play the actual game as often is pretty much a slap to the face of everyone that earns their gear here. I mean, I understand that it's a game and all, and that we shouldn't overreact to these kinds of things, but I have to actually do a lot more actual playing of the game to make 5% of what he claims his worth to be. That really doesn't make it seem fair to the players that actually play the game.

There's probably a billion ways to decompose my reasoning, but I still don't like the idea of merchanting clans. Sorry.

[EDIT]

This is what Jagex get for bringing out the GE. It's their fault and I hope merch clans either continue smashing the economy or Jagex remove trade limits and the GE.

Okay, I know you're upset, but don't go spouting nonsense. Merchants and merchanting clans existed long before the GE, and in my own opinion, their effects could be felt a lot tighter than what's going on now (World 2, merchants that refused to sell to you for eight hours, just plain annoying). Neither removing trade limits nor the GE would alleviate the problem. Nor would banning the clans themselves - nothing's stopping them from operating underground. Something's gotta be done about them, though.

Edited by Makoto_the_Phoenix

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

It sucks for us normal people, really. But as long as there is a (semi) free economy, there will be ways to manipulate prices. If they ban him, he'll make a new account. If he doesn't, then one of his generals will step up.. wherever there is a possibility to make easy money, someone is going to step up and fill the void.

demonslayer2.png

Retired Tip.It Mod || Admin and Founder of Caesar 3 Mod Squad! All are welcome!

Oh how fun it is to read over this thread and see all the negative comments directed and J Rune. He's taking advantage of a community of greedy idiots to increase his own wealth. Welcome to life. Grab a cup of coffee and realise that no one cares if you think something is morally bankrupt if it will lead to an advancement that wouldn't be there otherwise. The only people that can do anything are the creators of the system that is being abused. It's been 2 years. Either a fix is about to occur or nothing will be changed.

Don't hate people that legally abuse a system for personal gain simply because you either have a moral issue with it or you don't have the ability to do it yourself. Playing it right gets you a nice fuzzy feeling inside. Taking advantage of the broken and the idiotic usually turns a profit.

I guarantee you, and I, are gullible idiots with at least 1 industry. Nintendo, Microsoft, and my local market's fruit counter. Just be happy that, in video/online games, you can change it and be on the other side clawing at some of the profit.

To the inevitable questions:

I see the purpose in it's existence. I also keep a supply of everything I use just in-case things aren't going my way.

No.

Only on Thursdays, or Wednesdays if you flatter me.

No. I don't feel like getting muted.

No. I know this is a game and human interaction is limited to trading. Boss hunting isn't my thing and player-to-player trading is now done only with higher-up items.

The challenge of a mistake is not to avoid it. The challenge of a mistake is dealing with the outcome.

bc8ebae3b0.png

Proud of who I am and what I am.

This is what Jagex get for bringing out the GE. It's their fault and I hope merch clans either continue smashing the economy or Jagex remove trade limits and the GE.

Okay, I know you're upset, but don't go spouting nonsense. Merchants and merchanting clans existed long before the GE, and in my own opinion, their effects could be felt a lot tighter than what's going on now (World 2, merchants that refused to sell to you for eight hours, just plain annoying). Neither removing trade limits nor the GE would alleviate the problem. Nor would banning the clans themselves - nothing's stopping them from operating underground. Something's gotta be done about them, though.

Before the GE you had to actually obtain ingredients yourself, or luckily find them. The ge made it easy both for people to get items fast, and to manipulate their costs ( along with trade limits )

Removing the GE and trade limits WOULD help manipulation, but I agree not remove it. Because of trade limits players are forced to buy at certain prices as it's impossible not to, a factor I find most frustrating. This helps manipulation a HUGE deal as players will be forced to pay the inflated price, and clans can raise this price quite easily because of the GE.

Imagine trying to manipulate snape grass without the GE, you'd have to find the sellers, and attempt to buy them out. This just wouldn't happen, and didn't. At least not for nearly every single ingredient / product, which is what happens now.

Removing the GE, trade limits, bringing back old pking (what you kill is what you get), would both fix the problem, but make RWT easy again. Sadly Jagex now care more about their income ( they are currently 10th Richest youngins in England right? ) instead of making their players happier and attempting to manually ban RWTs. Old schoolers will remember the day when Paul would enter the world and ask us loyal players what we think a good update would be, and attempt to act upon it. Now, they attempt to bring out an update every week, half of which are rubbish.

Sorry I get off topic... a lot. Summary - removing GE and trade limits will not fix the problem entirely, but will help it. The question is, would you rather this which in turn would bring back epic RWTing.

jd4mfinalsmal0jp.gif

Proper Daily blogging including Starcraft 2!

Includes goal for 80+ all stats

Merch clans CAN be pyramid schemes, but a few, like Smokin Mils, are not. Assuming that ranks do not 'sell up' during the merch it is easy for everyone to make a great deal of profit. It is true that for every gp made in the G.E. a gp is lost, but people need to consider the fact that the 'gp lost' is not confined to clan members but rather spread across every regular player in the game that pays an inflated price, while the great majority of the 'gp made' IS focused on clan members as we control the vast majority of the game volume. It should also be considered that ranks do not use the G.E. to get rid of their items but rather do so through 'junk trading' after the merch, which as it turns out is much more profitable for us as we get bigger total price rises.

Did he just try to justify stealing by saying; "It's okay to steal a little from everyone, as long as I'm not stealing to much from one person." That dastard!

My god, I think he did...

This person seems like a smart guy, shame he has to waste it ruining the gameplay for alot of players.

As long as the people suffering are abstract nebulous people OVER THERE, it's fine what happens to them, because they never have to see it, never have to think about, it never affects them. As long as there is something (like the ge, other people) doing the dirty work, it's fine.

Of course it's not; It's sick and it's wrong. Really, this is not moral rocket science. They're abusing and stealing from people.

He's like so many other "hardend criminals" in the news lately: too cowardly to actually face the people they are stealing from, they have to have a computer do it for them. Because in my estimation they are stealing more than pixallated money, they are stealling alot of peoples enjoyment of the game. (you think we could sue them in real life for stealing fun? If only I had tons of money to throw at it...(or any money for that matter))

May they all realize what morally defective peolpe they are, and spend the rest of their lives trying to atone.

@ elucin8er: you and i know well enough that jagex isn't ever going to do that. so please just stop the continuous rebelling. <_<

I is sorry :oops:

No more I promise :oops:

jd4mfinalsmal0jp.gif

Proper Daily blogging including Starcraft 2!

Includes goal for 80+ all stats

May they all realize what morally defective peolpe they are, and spend the rest of their lives trying to atone.

"Morally defective" is subjective. Often times it is a term used as an over-reaction and with no thought as to what the action is. Example: Stem-Cell research in its early stages.

The challenge of a mistake is not to avoid it. The challenge of a mistake is dealing with the outcome.

bc8ebae3b0.png

Proud of who I am and what I am.

"Morally defective" is subjective. Often times it is a term used as an over-reaction and with no thought as to what the action is. Example: Stem-Cell research in its early stages.

:ohnoes: Another intelligent person who understands the definition of an opinion?! Libs honey, we aren't alone!

SoLawny.png

:ohnoes: Another intelligent person who understands the definition of an opinion?! Libs honey, we aren't alone!

SoLawny.png