Dragon Pick worth it?

Vulxai

Well seeing as how the dragon pick keeps going between 11-12m, is it worth that high of a price? If not, at what price would you consider it worth it?

~ Proud Father ~ Proud (Currently Deployed) Army National Guardsmen ~ Proud Lakota ~ Retired Tip.It Crew ~

Well seeing as how the dragon pick keeps going between 11-12m, is it worth that high of a price? If not, at what price would you consider it worth it?

when you have a good stack of cash, the price of a liquid item doesn't really dictate whether or not its worth it.

If i pay 12 mil for it, use it for a while, and i sell it for 12 mil when I'm done, it's worth it.

I'd say in most scenarios the dragon pick is worth it. Only reason I havent bought one because im not quite sure if it has leveled out to its natural price yet.

I'd say the dragon pick is nearing its "worth it" value. I think it'll stabilize somewhere between 8m - 10m for the near future

Naaxi.png

Short answer: No, not worth 11-12M

Long answer: Think of situations like this. After the Woodcutting re-balance Dragon hatchets (approx 5-15% better than rune) rose to 3-4M and Ivy's then because a very fast way of gaining experience. When you think of it, the Mining has undergone a rebalance.The Living Rock Caverns provides good experience as well as good profit, mixed with the Dragon Pickaxe (approx 5-15% better than rune) is even better.

Dragon hatchet: 3-4M. 5-15% Better than rune

Dragon Pickaxe: 11-12M. 5-15% Better than rune

There is no way the Pickaxe is worth the money it is now. I think it will stabilise around 5-7M. In all the hype of the new items/countless amount of people going for it; the price skyrocketed to far far beyond it's worth.

AnthonyWL.png

99 Fishing | 99 Cooking | 99 Woodcutting | | 99 Herblore | 99 Prayer |

| 99 Runecrafting | 99 Fletching | 99 Hitpoints | 99 Range |

Youtube: AnthonyOnRS.

Is this even a question?

Use the best pickaxe you can. This is a must if you want to maximize your exp/hour or gp/hour.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

Is this even a question?

Use the best pickaxe you can. This is a must if you want to maximize your exp/hour or gp/hour.

You have not answered the question of "Is it worth the cash"

Also you are a Free to Play. I doubt you have been lent it to try it out.

AnthonyWL.png

99 Fishing | 99 Cooking | 99 Woodcutting | | 99 Herblore | 99 Prayer |

| 99 Runecrafting | 99 Fletching | 99 Hitpoints | 99 Range |

Youtube: AnthonyOnRS.

Is this even a question?

Oh whoops.

Then wait for the price to stable for a bit, unless you have the money already.

Or, you can kill the Chaos Dwarf Hand Cannoneers or the Chaos Dwogres in the Chaos Dwarf Battlefield.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

Is this even a question?

Yes it is definately worth the cash. As Morionic has pointed out, you don't lose anything by using a liquid item like a pickaxe, so even if it is slightly faster then the rune pick it is worth getting if you are planning on training mining.

nekusig2fcopy.jpg

There are three sides to every story: There's one side, there's the other, and there's the truth.

Except it's been tested, that D pick is no faster on concentrated gold than a rune pick.

So unless you're mining outside the caverns, a d pick is effectively worth 19.3k

I have not heard this. Can you link us to the proof in testing? Or can anyone else confirm? If this is true, I will probably never buy a d-pick myself.

"All that is gold does not glitter..."

Did you completely miss this post?

when you have a good stack of cash, the price of a liquid item doesn't really dictate whether or not its worth it.

If i pay 12 mil for it, use it for a while, and i sell it for 12 mil when I'm done, it's worth it.

cursedtoastsignature.png

Come to #tip-it on Swift IRC, if you're cool

Imo,

it's not worth that much money.

If I would get one from a drop I would keep it, but I'd never spend that much cash on the item tbh...

If I think about the time it takes to get 12mil on a fair manner then you could just keep mining all that wasted time with an r pick.

Would get you more xp/hr than the d pick...

2016 goals: all skills +30mil xp - Completed this goal 11th December 2016 smile.gif
2017 goals: get at least 3 more master capes (start xp: invention done@21st Jan, mining done@2nd April & ranged 76/104mil done@June 20th) & all skills +40mil xp (done 24th August)

Except it's been tested, that D pick is no faster on concentrated gold than a rune pick.

So unless you're mining outside the caverns, a d pick is effectively worth 19.3k

I have not heard this. Can you link us to the proof in testing? Or can anyone else confirm? If this is true, I will probably never buy a d-pick myself.

I'm reiterating this question since no one replied the first time. Can anyone confirm that rune pick and dragon pick are equal on the concentrated ores?

Also, Son of Judas, you're overlooking that some people already have the 12M in the bank, and they don't need to work any more than they normally do to buy it and sell it later.

Yes, I already have the 12m, (actually I would have 1m left over after buying it). I'm just wondering if it's going to drop that drastically here in the next few months.

~ Proud Father ~ Proud (Currently Deployed) Army National Guardsmen ~ Proud Lakota ~ Retired Tip.It Crew ~

Of course it will, it'll probably -like all other new high-quality items- drop with around 500k-1m a month now.. Wether that drop is worth it is up to you..

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

You are actually asking two question, based on all of the posts:

1) Is it worth its current value?

2) Is it worth buying for use?

No to the first, Yes to the second.

i do mine runite and pure essence and in my opinion , it is worth it =D

otherwise , i dont suggest you investing in a dragon pick if you are just to powermine or mine ores lower than adamantite.

banniere+rsc+2.PNG

138 combat | 99 attack | 99 strength | 99 defense | 99 hitpoints | 99 prayer | 99 summoning | 2161 overall

What about Gold, is it worth it for gold?

I'm not sure what further assistance you're expecting? I haven't mined for months, never seen a d pick in game and yet from the comments above I can discern that:

1. Current price is quite a lot higher than the price at which it will settle (expected to be similar to d-hatchet)

2. If you're serious about mining it is worth getting the best pick available irrespective of cost

3. It is 5-10% better than a rune pick

4. It is still a high demand object so there will be no problem in selling it

5. It's not worth it if you're only planning to mine concentrated ore

If that's not enough information for you to make your mind up, I suggest testing it out yourself.

Mordendravid.png

I'm not sure what further assistance you're expecting? I haven't mined for months, never seen a d pick in game and yet from the comments above I can discern that:

1. Current price is quite a lot higher than the price at which it will settle (expected to be similar to d-hatchet)

2. If you're serious about mining it is worth getting the best pick available irrespective of cost

If that's not enough information for you to make your mind up, I suggest testing it out yourself.

I think he was (and I am) particularly interested in the fifth thing you said. But was that conclusion just deduced from the above? because I don't know of any proof that rune pick and dragon pick are equal on concentrated ore. Can someone point the way to this proof?

I think he was (and I am) particularly interested in the fifth thing you said. But was that conclusion just deduced from the above? because I don't know of any proof that rune pick and dragon pick are equal on concentrated ore. Can someone point the way to this proof?

The conclusion was just deduced from the comments above.. I have no personal experience of mining concentrated ores. Therefore if the comments above are not conclusive or there's some debate still, then I guess that's what needs further comment and/or the OP to test out.

Mordendravid.png

Well my mining level isn't high enough to test it out. But yes, I would like some evidence that the d pick doesn't help out at the concentrated ores.

Well my mining level isn't high enough to test it out. But yes, I would like some evidence that the d pick doesn't help out at the concentrated ores.

I mine there fairly often, and from my personal observations and conversations with the other miners, it DOES in fact appear that d pick offers no benefit over the rune pick at Concentrated Gold (can't say about Con. Coal though, but most likely the same).