26-Oct-09 H'ween Update

Toad

headimagehalloween09.jpg

A dark house portal has appeared to the south of Falador once again. Tremble as you approach it, for it leads to the house of the Grim Reaper, Death himself!

In this year's Halloween event, Death has a problem with an uninvited guest. Choose to help out and you will journey to a realm rarely trod by creatures with only two feet, and converse with its irritable monarch.

Completing the event will reward you with two new wearable items one of which has a mind of its own so seek out the house of Death...if you dare!

Mod John A

RuneScape Content Developer

----------------------------------------

Summary:

Where to start Web of Shadows:

Enter the dark house portal south of Falador.

Requirements to complete Web of Shadows:

None

----------------------------------------

In other news...

Weve made some improvements to the way banks calculate your free space. Free-players who used to be members will no longer have to dump all their members items to be able to use their banks and everyone can now see their usage in more detail on the interface. For more information, please read the Controls - Banks page.

We've updated the bank to make it automatically resize to fit your screen better. The interface will automatically extend downwards to show you more of your bank items.

Zahur in Nardah, who's moved to the building east of the bank, will now decant all of your potions (in any combination) into 3-dose vials for you. He charges a small fee for this service to cover the cost of any extra vials needed.

We've swapped two tasks in the Ardougne Achievement Diary. The medium diary might look a little odd if you've already completed it, but you should still be able to wear the cloaks for their effects.

An auto re-pick feature has been added when harvesting your mushrooms, berries and fruit from Farming patches.

When collecting a single item at the Grand Exchange, left-click will now withdraw the actual item and right-click will withdraw it as a note. Withdrawals for multiple items will behave as before.

As many of you know, since the opening of PvP Worlds, 76king has become a very common practice. Weve never been happy about this as we believe it spoils the game experience for players who want to play on PvP Worlds as intended and exhibit their PvP skills, with high rewards for high risks, rather than it being a safe method for earning large amounts of money. Looking at our forums, it looks like many players feel the same way.

Designing and developing a solution to this issue that worked, but which did not lessen the rewards for legitimate kills, turned out to be rather tricky. Were hopeful that the solution weve come up with will reduce 76King without having too significant an impact on legitimate PKers.

Players who trade kills will find that the drop they receive is lessened in value. Legitimate PKers might find that some of their kills will result in smaller drops (e.g. when getting revenge on someone who has just killed you), but since youll still only lose as much Earning Potential as is used for the drop, your average drop will stay the same.

Mod Chihiro

Senior Technical Developer

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ALSO

ANTI-76K

As many of you know, since the opening of PvP Worlds, 76king has become a very common practice. Weve never been happy about this as we believe it spoils the game experience for players who want to play on PvP Worlds as intended and exhibit their PvP skills, with high rewards for high risks, rather than it being a safe method for earning large amounts of money. Looking at our forums, it looks like many players feel the same way.

Designing and developing a solution to this issue that worked, but which did not lessen the rewards for legitimate kills, turned out to be rather tricky. Were hopeful that the solution weve come up with will reduce 76King without having too significant an impact on legitimate PKers.

Players who trade kills will find that the drop they receive is lessened in value. Legitimate PKers might find that some of their kills will result in smaller drops (e.g. when getting revenge on someone who has just killed you), but since youll still only lose as much Earning Potential as is used for the drop, your average drop will stay the same.

Weve made some improvements to the way banks calculate your free space. Free-players who used to be members will no longer have to dump all their members items to be able to use their banks and everyone can now see their usage in more detail on the interface. For more information, please read the Controls - Banks page.

We have a winnar!

EDIT: Is the adventure log released? I can't check out the website since the internet here blocks Runescape.

11-1.jpg[

Guild Wars 2-In game screenshot, the MMORPG you are waiting for. Click for thread.

We have a winnar!

EDIT: Is the adventure log released? I can't check out the website since the internet here blocks Runescape.

Hotness indeed <3:

My friend was JUST saying, like 10 seconds before I read that bit, that she can't do anything because her inventory and bank is full of members stuff. XD

No, it's not on there yet =/

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

So the magical anti-76k method is just remembering who previously killed you and mark him to drop crap for you?

I guess we are going to see 76k clans soon.

Oh and btw, is it time to dump your expensive swords and amour now?

Boo, no adventure log. <_<

As for the solution to 76king, it doesn't seem to be that useful. I mean can't you just find other partners? Is not like there are only a few people 76king. But then again it will definitely slow the rate of people abusing the system, eh we will see how it works out. :^_^:

11-1.jpg[

Guild Wars 2-In game screenshot, the MMORPG you are waiting for. Click for thread.

So now instead of killing your friend to use up EP gained while 76k'ing, you'll have to kill random people? Don't a lot of people already do this? Or am I missing something? I understand that this cuts down 76k'ing quite a bit, but it's not that hard to find someone willing to die to you if you provide them the junk. This can be achieved in clans quite easily, for one.

Maybe I'm just missing the big picture.

EDIT: Gromhell, get out of my head!

hzvjpwS.gif

EDIT: Gromhell, get out of my head!

Thats....what she said? Does this work here? Anybody?

I am going to get banned for this aren't I?

Seriously though, I always did love Holiday events, shame I have to wait until Friday -.-

PS: You don't read XKCD by any chance do you? :geek:

11-1.jpg[

Oh and btw, is it time to dump your expensive swords and amour now?

Seems like it - my Armadyl wont sell for minimum :ohnoes:

If it's worth over 4 Mil, it no longer sells at Min. Even H'Ween masks are affected. =D

The challenge of a mistake is not to avoid it. The challenge of a mistake is dealing with the outcome.

bc8ebae3b0.png

Proud of who I am and what I am.

Hmm, they wait months and months and then introduce some halfass countermeasurement that anyone can think of in a day, and that most players had considered obsolete since it wouldn't solve the core problem. It will slow down the 76king, but will it stop inflation? Hard to tell if you ask me. Not sure if I should start buying armadyl etc for min.

edit: I noticed they are not very clear about how they exactly implemented it. Maybe there is more but they don't want to reveal the exact way to avoid abuse. Even then however, a good system should be clear and non abusable. If it is abusable, players will find out, it's just a matter of time.

Hmm, they wait months and months and then introduce some halfass countermeasurement that anyone can think of in a day, and that most players had considered obsolete since it wouldn't solve the core problem. It will slow down the 76king, but will it stop inflation? Hard to tell if you ask me. Not sure if I should start buying armadyl etc for min.

This. This. And more this.

In 2 days when Bandos crashes 4 Mil, buy for min and wait for a rebound.

The challenge of a mistake is not to avoid it. The challenge of a mistake is dealing with the outcome.

bc8ebae3b0.png

Proud of who I am and what I am.

I like the bank update, but it's not fully what I wanted it too be.

Since now I have to drop some F2P items, though useless in F2P, usefull in P2P. Meaning if I become P2P again, I'd have to spend 2 days collecting everything back :(

summersignature.png angel2w.gif

"A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do"

[Currently playing: K1ll L1f3]