26-Oct-09 H'ween Update

Toad

You would think it isn't that hard to detect that someone has 76k coins and nothing else.

Wasting your money there.

76k in noted willow longbows (u) more likely

Noted items don't count towards death risk. As should coins, tbfh

You're right, but not counting coins toward risk doesn't solve anything; trickers will just use some other item(s) that equal 76k.

dangsig.png

By popular demand, this signature is back- however I currently do not have a blog up at the moment and if I did I wouldn't update it. Sorry, the sig links to nowhere :( .

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From the begining of May, the price of an abyssal whip slowly rose for 6 months to peak at 4 million gold pieces. Then as we all know, the anti-76kin update was introduced and many people thought the price of valuables(not rares) would crash. So in 2 day's time the price of a whip had dropped 600k.

This only happened because so many people were afraid it was going to drop and then it did. If everyone had realized that the update wasn't going to crash the price the price would still be where it is today.

It's funny and sad how stupid many people are and how easily convinced they are to sell.

That says something about human nature doesn't it? :grin:

My signature got deleted :(

And I lost all the links. Thanks Gandorf61.

From the begining of May, the price of an abyssal whip slowly rose for 6 months to peak at 4 million gold pieces. Then as we all know, the anti-76kin update was introduced and many people thought the price of valuables(not rares) would crash. So in 2 day's time the price of a whip had dropped 600k.

This only happened because so many people were afraid it was going to drop and then it did. If everyone had realized that the update wasn't going to crash the price the price would still be where it is today.

It's funny and sad how stupid many people are and how easily convinced they are to sell.

Not really human nature, just 13-16 year old nature really. But yes, it makes me lose faith in the world's children.

So is this event fun? Worth doing? I might get on just to do it if it is.

Unfinished netherrack symbol of Khorne.

Never forget. ~creeper face w/single tear~

DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES TOO?!?!

I think Eek! (the spider you have for the event) is adorable :D His Her happy nature and speech was a nice touch to this event :)

Cape looks neat too.

Happy H'Ween everyone. (I personally don't celebrate it as anything more than a way to sell more junk for money - but my wishes go out to those that do)

Untitled-1_01-1.png

awcaddet2.gifawcaddet2.gifUntitled-1_04-1.pngsig-11716.jpgsig-11743.jpgsig-11744.jpgsig-11745.jpg

(Signature Work in Progress)

Yeah it was, best holiday event in a long time =]

Actually took some time to do and the spider queen's lair was amazing.

That event didn't take more than an hour, for me.

This was without a guide btw (I hate guides).

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

Just to double check,

Once you complete this holiday event, you get the web cape and Eek the spider right? for the songs unlock, were there 2 to 3? I know its Itsy Bitsy, poison dream, and one more at death's House. Do we get a new emote this year, or it just unlock the trick one which some player didn't get last year.

Lastly, can we keep Eek when Halloween is over? Or its just going disappear once the event is over.

I just want to make sure I got everything for the event, or I might just wait until the Tip It guide come out to confirm the reward.

PS: If you dismiss Eek, can you get her back in some way? lol

Web Cape and Eek yes.

3 songs, Poison Dreams, Itsy Bitsy and Trick or Treat.

No new emotes appart from Eek's.

Eek will stay with us like any other holiday item.

If you dismiss eek, get him from diango or your costume case in your poh.

You would think it isn't that hard to detect that someone has 76k coins and nothing else.

Wasting your money there.

76k in noted willow longbows (u) more likely

Noted items don't count towards death risk. As should coins, tbfh

You're right, but not counting coins toward risk doesn't solve anything; trickers will just use some other item(s) that equal 76k.

Players always find a way to exploit a system, worst thing Jagex did was explain how the system works, that's just giving a bucket to milk the system with.

Soon you'll see EP Clans open to rotate between kills.

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

The event and rewards were great. And to the guy who's asking for something useful, be prepared to be disappointed for every holiday event.

I meant that the cape could be upgraded to get a teleport to one location, like you were able to do with the broom last year, such as the Makeover Mage's house (example).

The broom is a quest reward not an event reward... Jagex just released the event and quest at the same time and made the quest temporarily free. No holiday event reward was ever more than cosmetic/fun, nothing is useful (unless you count all the tradeables for teh muniz :o...)

Not really human nature, just 13-16 year old nature really. But yes, it makes me lose faith in the world's children.

So is this event fun? Worth doing? I might get on just to do it if it is.

Ever heard of the panic of 1837? Of 1819? What about 1893 or 1907? No? I bet you've heard of the Great Depression, right? Maybe? Yes? No? What about the recession of 2009? Those damn 16 year-olds wont stop ruining our global markets. I say burn them.

guido_49.png