The American Football thread

IeatWindex

What have been your pleasant surprises and disappointments so far this year?

Surprises: Bengals, Vikings/Favre,

Disappointments: Titans, L.T., Bills, Eagles

Any chances for another team to go winless again this year? I think it's quite possible.

Also, since it's American Football in general, would this include College Football?

I hate the Eagles but I don't see how you can be a disappointment when they're tied for 1st Place in the NFC East with my Cowboys.

Also OP : Fix standings, Cowboys are 5-2 , Giants 5-3, and Eagles 5-2

Wow, I have no idea what I was thinking there. Maybe I had another team in mind? (Although I can't make a connection)

Standings are fairly easy to look up if you want to. I think it would be too bothersome to have to update each week. But that's just me.

If you want to, do it. :smile:

sig2-1.png

Last.Fm

My Bloggy

Proud to have served on Tip.it Crew

Thursday Night Football starts up again tonight.

I'm personally not a fan of having games on Thursday, and it's not only because I frequently forget to set my fantasy team.

Keep football to the weekends. :thumbup:

sig2-1.png

Last.Fm

My Bloggy

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Apologies for the 1.5 year bump, everyone.

But I've decided I want to start following the NFL this season and so obviously need a thread on tif to discuss it. Any vikings fans here? (I've picked them to follow, seeing as Toronto doesn't have an NFL team :()

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

I think what you meant to ask was are there any PACKERS fans here, because following the Vikings is foolhardy. :-P

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

I think what you meant to ask was are there any PACKERS fans here, because following the Vikings is foolhardy. :-P

Why :(

Don't brainwash me, I'm new!

polvCwJ.gif

Because the Packers are better....and closer to Canada than the Vikings!

In all honesty, the organization is run better, Lambeau Field is very historic (they don't play in an inflated marshmallow dome lol), and I'm from WI so we're going to be bitter enemies if I see you rooting for the Vikings :P

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

Yeah, the Packers are pretty stacked for this year. I wouldn't be surprised if they won again.

As for my Bengals...there's just no hope anymore. Yet my parents still have season tickets.

How much are season tickets? Ballpark...

polvCwJ.gif

As for my Bengals...there's just no hope anymore.

I wanted to believe last year but we all know how that turned out. I am very impressed with what the Eagles did, that should be a team everyone looks out for. As for me, my team the Jets have a lot to prove this year, which I think they can do it :thumbup:

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

Called up my mom for a more exact figure. I was curious too because I've never asked.

There's like a $1200 licensing fee to start off. One time deal the first season you purchase.

Then the tickets, where my parents are at least (bottom part of the second deck), are $550-600 a seat for the season.

sig2-1.png

Last.Fm

My Bloggy

The Eagles are all hype. We saw how Vick crumbled under pressure and Andy Reid has yet to put together a Super Bowl caliber team.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

Called up my mom for a more exact figure. I was curious too because I've never asked.

There's like a $1200 licensing fee to start off. One time deal the first season you purchase.

Then the tickets, where my parents are at least (bottom part of the second deck), are $550-600 a seat for the season.

Oh that's not bad at all. Of course, season tickets for me are out of the question but it's good to know.

Leafs season tickets for $20k, anyone? :(

polvCwJ.gif

Patriots. Nuff said. (I live in New England, we get the best sports teams <33333333333 )

Never been to one of their games but watch them all the time on TV. But I HAVE played at Gillette Stadium for Flag Football. Also their training field house. Not to mention when I was a kid in 5th Grade I won a sweepstakes to bring a Patriots player (Willie McGinest) to school. That is probably one of the highlights of my life so far.

Adventure_Time_by_Titan_of_Tacos.png

Can't believe the Lions pulled off a 34-3 win with 20 of those points being from non-starters. Then again, the Lions had a 4-0 pre-season record to accompany an 0-16 season in 2008...

Player since 2004. All skills 1M+ XP.

Hamtaro.png

"If it were possible to cure evils by lamentation..., then gold would be a less valuable thing than weeping." - Sophocles

"Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." - Plato

Can't believe the Lions pulled off a 34-3 win with 20 of those points being from non-starters. Then again, the Lions had a 4-0 pre-season record to accompany an 0-16 season in 2008...

I look for them to improve a lot this year. The defense they have going there will be great, and if Stafford will stay healthy they could make some noise.

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably

Euphonium/10.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

Patriots. Nuff said. (I live in New England, we get the best sports teams <33333333333 )

Never been to one of their games but watch them all the time on TV. But I HAVE played at Gillette Stadium for Flag Football. Also their training field house. Not to mention when I was a kid in 5th Grade I won a sweepstakes to bring a Patriots player (Willie McGinest) to school. That is probably one of the highlights of my life so far.

I'm afraid you and I can't be friends, you see I'm an Indianapolis Colts fan.

Everyone knows that Peyton Manning is the best quarterback of all time.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

I look for them to improve a lot this year. The defense they have going there will be great, and if Stafford will stay healthy they could make some noise.

I think they Lions will be better this year, but don't take much from that preseason game. It was the Bengals.

sig2-1.png

Last.Fm

My Bloggy

I think they Lions will be better this year, but don't take much from that preseason game. It was the Bengals.

I wasn't basing it off one preseason game :smile:

Are they playoff worthy? It is hard to say, but at the moment I wouldn't have them in. Next year or the year after, I think they will get in. And what about the Bengals? Two years ago they were picking as dark horses to make the Super Bowl. NOw the worse team in football according to the NFL power rankings. Kinda sad in my opinion.

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Euphonium/10.

[/hide]

The Eagles are all hype. We saw how Vick crumbled under pressure and Andy Reid has yet to put together a Super Bowl caliber team.

LOL. Do you even watch football?

Vick

Jackson

Maclin (If he recovers from his illness)

Steve Smith

Cullen Jenkins

Jason Babin

Casey Matthews

NNAMDI ASOMUGHA

ASANTE SAMUEL

DOMINIQUE RODGERS-CROMARTIE

Whoever says that lineup isn't superbowl caliber is either an idiot or just trolling.

BR BR BR? HUEHUEHEUEHUE

We definitely need to have a Tip.It NFL-Based Fantasy Football league this year.

PvP is not for me

In the 3rd Year of the Boycott
Real-world money saved since FT/W: Hundreds of Dollars
Real-world time saved since FT/W: Thousands of Hours