The American Football thread

IeatWindex

The Eagles are all hype. We saw how Vick crumbled under pressure and Andy Reid has yet to put together a Super Bowl caliber team.

Casey Matthews

Why would you even mention Casey Matthews? He's an unproven rookie... he's not the same guy as Clay Matthews...

It's all about that pedigree bro

BR BR BR? HUEHUEHEUEHUE

• 2 weeks later...

I may be interested. Never been a huge fantasy guy though.

Can we a get a loser's bracket going?

[hide=sample rules]

NFL loser's bracket

The goal of this game is to consistantly pick a losing team in the NFL.

Each week before the first NFL game starts you must post a team that will lose its game.

You may not use the same team twice.

The winner will be decided by the person who picks the most teams in a row, up to 16.

A no response to this thread will mean that you will have picked the worst team you haven't picked yet.

The first tiebreaker will be decided by the person who picks (correctly) the "most best teams" at the time of their pick as determined by ESPN's power rankings (The lowest sum of their power rankings).

The second tiebreaker will be (if needed) who correctly guessed the highest ranked team (at the time of their pick) to loose.

If in some way we need a third tiebreaker, you all win. Congrats.

[/hide]

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

It really isn't, just pick a team to lose each week, and you can't pick a team twice.

♪♪ And I'm not done

I may be interested. Never been a huge fantasy guy though.

Can we a get a loser's bracket going?

[hide=sample rules]

NFL loser's bracket

The goal of this game is to consistantly pick a losing team in the NFL.

Each week before the first NFL game starts you must post a team that will lose its game.

You may not use the same team twice.

The winner will be decided by the person who picks the most teams in a row, up to 16.

A no response to this thread will mean that you will have picked the worst team you haven't picked yet.

The first tiebreaker will be decided by the person who picks (correctly) the "most best teams" at the time of their pick as determined by ESPN's power rankings (The lowest sum of their power rankings).

The second tiebreaker will be (if needed) who correctly guessed the highest ranked team (at the time of their pick) to loose.

If in some way we need a third tiebreaker, you all win. Congrats.

[/hide]

ESPN does one of these every year, except you pick a winner instead of a loser.

http://games.espn.go.com/eliminator-challenge/en/frontpage

PvP is not for me

In the 3rd Year of the Boycott
Real-world money saved since FT/W: Hundreds of Dollars
Real-world time saved since FT/W: Thousands of Hours

• 2 weeks later...

Son of a beehive the Colts are going to suck this year. At least we'll have a good draft pick (damn, I'm starting to sound like a Brown's or Lion's fan).

♪♪ And I'm not done

Bengals are 1-0 what.

2rf66ap.png

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

As some of you know I am a huge NCAA football (and basketball) fan. The main topic of discussion that's been going on over the past few weeks is conference realignment. With Texas A&M leaving to the SEC, Texas, Texas Tech, Oklahoma and Oklahoman State, appear to be going to the now PAC-12 to form the PAC-16, the first 'super conference'. Pittsburgh and Syracuse are now joining the ACC. This leaves the Big East in shambles. Losing one of the foudning members and a power member of a conference is never good. I am a big WVU fan so this thread will be on them, but also provide some interesting ideas about what could be done for next year

The first option is that WVU joins the SEC, while the SEC hasn't said yes, they haven't said no either. The second option, and more appealing to me is this one; if the SEC deiceds to take Missouri over WVU, WVU could stay in the big east, and combine with the remainder on the Big-12(ish) and for the (for lack of a fancy name) the Big East-12 would have this line up of teams. Cincinnati, Louisville, South Florida, WVU, Baylor, Iowa State, Kansas, Kansas State, TCU and, perhaps, Texas Tech. They could also pick up Boise State, which would very interesting.

The reason I like this over joining the SEC is this:

In term of football, the SEC is still the power house of the nation. While WVU is good, we could not compete with the SEC week in and week out. We would get no where fast. With this possibility we would have a chance to at least go for a national championship if we could run the table. Long shot? Yes. Possible? more likely to happen then joining the SEC.

We will find out soon what will happen, but it will be a VERY DIFFERENT NCAA football and Basketball landscape next season.

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

I thought the Big East changes were happening in 2 years because they had to give a 24 month notice? I could easily have misheard, Xavier doesn't have football so I really don't keep up on it.

And my Bengals lost a heatbreaker Sunday. Oh well, Dalton has been looking good.

sig2-1.png

Last.Fm

My Bloggy

Proud to have served on Tip.it Crew

I thought the Big East changes were happening in 2 years because they had to give a 24 month notice? I could easily have misheard, Xavier doesn't have football so I really don't keep up on it.

As far as I know, they're going to have to wait the 2 years unless they get it wait wavered or find some loophole.

tFtfA.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I wish WVU would of come to the ACC instead of either Pitt or Syracuse. But the academics stopped them. Would of been great for sports though. The ACC cares WAYYYYYYYYYY to much about basketball and academics. These latest additions did nothing for anything other then Basketball. Failure IMO. I'm a Clemson fan, and I want out of the ACC.

In other news, how about Clemson's hot streak. I think we can go far this season. Surprise a lot of people.

Kriegsig1copy2b.jpg

ACC is going to be a basketball powerhouse. whatever TV deal they're going to ink up is going to be ridiculous. Football, you're right, they're going to be [cabbage]. I think Celmson will break the top 10, if it keeps it up. I'm just hoping my Sun Devils can get their rank longer then a week..

tFtfA.jpg

Seems like withdrawing from the Big East is taking longer then first thought. And Missouri has now expressed interest in shopping around.....thats where the SEC ideally would like to go, TV markets. Wrench in the plans! Gotta love it.

Elsewhere, if the BCS came out right now, Clemson would be #2! Shock the world tour 2011!!

770ri.jpg

Kriegsig1copy2b.jpg

^ Lol @ Michigan ranked #9

Too bad we only have a one man defense of Mike Martin. MSU will probably beat us again this year and knock us out of the Top 25. Every year our rank is inflated by playing teams with no money, and as soon as we get into the significant Big 10 games, :thumbdown:.

Player since 2004. All skills 1M+ XP.

Hamtaro.png

"If it were possible to cure evils by lamentation..., then gold would be a less valuable thing than weeping." - Sophocles

"Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." - Plato