IeatWindex

The American Football thread

Sportsmen are defined by winning or losing. Eli has two rings, Peyton has one.

Yeah basically this.

Peyton has had the better statistical career (so far), but the rings don't lie. I doubt Peyton will win another Super Bowl before he retires, and Eli still have many chances to come.

That being said, it's still a family of winners.

sig2-1.png

Last.Fm

My Bloggy

Proud to have served on Tip.it Crew

I think a statistical career is much more impressive than a few wins in the postseason. Both are impressive, but I think consistency over a season is a much harder feat to achieve.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

I think it can easily be said and agreed on that Eli is now an elite QB like his brother without question. Where as before Sunday a lot of people never really believed in Eli enough to categorize him as one of the true elite QBs in the league, kind of brushing him under the table, as you will. Better then his brother? Depends on how you want to look at it, if you look solely at rings Eli now has one, but statistically, Payton's has had a better career. Personally I see them almost as equals now, Payton having a slight edge on his baby brother simply for his great success over his entire career opposed to Eli's.

tFtfA.jpg

I think it can easily be said and agreed on that Eli is now an elite QB like his brother without question. Where as before Sunday a lot of people never really believed in Eli enough to categorize him as one of the true elite QBs in the league, kind of brushing him under the table, as you will. Better then his brother? Depends on how you want to look at it, if you look solely at rings Eli now has one, but statistically, Payton's has had a better career. Personally I see them almost as equals now, Payton having a slight edge on his baby brother simply for his great success over his entire career opposed to Eli's.

Took the words right out of my mouth. I do believe that he is an elite QB, but you watch; one bad game next year and the media in MY will tear right through him. It's like that everywhere with beat writers, but it's very bad in NY.

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

It's offical, WVU to the Big 12. So happy over this at the moment. Also rumors going around about a +1 playoff for college football. I'm kinda torn at the moment about this. It will be good because this has needed to happen, but I don't want to lose the bowls. I want to see a 8 team playoff. The winner of the 4 games wins the Sugar, Orange, Rose, and Fiesta. Then the four remaining fight it out for the two spots for the National Championship. I don't think this will happen, most people just want 4 team playoff's, 8 is too many.

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

West Virginia made the right move. If I had any power I'd get the Big 12 to pickup 2 more teams. Clemson and Florida state, then they could form an eastern division and have 3 of the 6 division teams already on the east coast. If they wanted to go a step further someone like Louisville or NCST might be good too for the east division. Then they could expand all the way to 14. Eh, thats what I would do. And being a Clemson fan is rough....I hate the ACC.

I want a playoff, don't like the BCS. Though I'm glad its kept out the Boise States mostly....play a real schedule and you will get rewarded.

Kriegsig1copy2b.jpg

Peyton to Denver, Tebow to NYJ, and a huge punishment for the saints re: bountygate. Been an interesting week.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

I'm sure the Saints and the people surrounding the program will be allowed an appeal but HOLY SHIT :shock: 2012/2013 2nd rounders gone plus your head coach out for a year, that's gonna do some serious damage. I'm thinking riots in the streets of the Big Easy tonight.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

I think it's fair. What they did was absolutely unacceptable.

polvCwJ.gif

Well, preseason continues. Nice to see the vikings actually win a game

• Like 1

polvCwJ.gif

Hoping for a good year out of my team, go chiefs!

Texans 2-0 so far! :D Still not looking good for Arian foster, hope he does better by the regular season.

And that was my story.

In addition to the Colts, I'm rooting for the Denver Broncos. Go Manning/Luck!

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

Eagles... this is our year. And not like last year or the year before that either, this time I really mean it. We get the Pats tomorrow night and we will humiliate them in their own stadium.

TANSTAAFL

I'm unsure if I'll be rooting for a Californian football team now that I'm here since I pretty much despise them all, but we'll see, kind of depends on which team(s) get favorite by on my local channels.

tFtfA.jpg

so, in case anyone hasn't heard, AP is back. yaaay

a couple Packers fans made bets with my dad against the Vikings. If the Vikings win 2 games, dad wins $20. If they win 4, $20 more. so he should at least break even if the Vikes have learned to close better but winning 4 isn't a stretch either really

and I'd love to see the Packers fall because there are so many Packers fans here. going to school in a border town (MN/WI) with lots of Packers fans here on the wrong side of the river who make it hard to breathe as a Vikings fan even though this is our turf

/FG/First thread post to when I joined the family.

VR48f.jpg

[hide=Insert rant here]blahblahblahLIFE[/hide]

img

AP has had a pretty good game thus far...

polvCwJ.gif

oh man. the Vikings have trained me to watch until the very last second of the game. 20 seconds left Jaguars took the lead, 4 seconds left dat 55 yard field goal to tie it up. let's see what happens here in overtime...

/FG/First thread post to when I joined the family.

VR48f.jpg

[hide=Insert rant here]blahblahblahLIFE[/hide]

img

ugly win but still!

polvCwJ.gif

yeah, still that was against a pretty weak jacksonville team. Gonna need a much tighter effort soon...

polvCwJ.gif

RG3 played amazing yesterday, and it was good seeing the Saints lose, along with the Steelers.

I wish Fox played the Seahawks game over the 49ers but I guess that's what I get for living in California.

tFtfA.jpg

Packers lost, you must be pleased eh zoe? :P

polvCwJ.gif

I wish my team "Ravens" could get a better QB I don't like joe flacco. We still will probably make it to playoffs this year again. AFC North always has been the toughest conference :(

I wish my team "Ravens" could get a better QB I don't like joe flacco. We still will probably make it to playoffs this year again. AFC North always has been the toughest conference :(

Flacco isn't bad. I bet a team like Miami would kill to have him..

AFC North is the toughest division? NFC North begs to differ...

polvCwJ.gif