The Obligatory Ice Hockey Thread

Hawks

• 2 months later...

Lmao great gif.

Too bad this will never happen because MacTavish seems to think it's not the defence that's the problem, which it is. Might as well put some pylons out there instead...Oh wait they did. It's called Jeff Petry and Anton Belov.

6oHBf.png

oaM0.png
fXPnd.png

• 3 weeks later...

Personally, I would go for the Blues, but they're the only one of the 3 that I like.

My sister keeps buying OHL (London Knights) tickets, so I've been to 3 games since early December. I was 3rd row behind the London net when their goalie's leg got stepped on. Obviously, that also put me right in the middle of an angry mob. Later in that same game, we saw a player get a penalty shot (for getting tripped into the goalie) and a minor penalty (for then sliding into the goalie) on the same play. Needless to say, I was confused.

• 2 months later...

The NHL is apparently being hit with another lawsuit from former players.

And according to it, Gordie Howe died in 2009 (as opposed to Colleen Howe). And it cites the Friday the 13th series as a credible source for hockey being excessively violent.

Yeah seems pretty ridiculous. Not saying all these lawsuits are without merit, but this one...

Haven't posted in a while. The leafs' annual collapse is complete. Top ten pick baby!!

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

The NHL is apparently being hit with another lawsuit from former players.

And according to it, Gordie Howe died in 2009 (as opposed to Colleen Howe). And it cites the Friday the 13th series as a credible source for hockey being excessively violent.

Yeah seems pretty ridiculous. Not saying all these lawsuits are without merit, but this one...

Haven't posted in a while. The leafs' annual collapse is complete. Top ten pick baby!!

I agree, some of the suits are justified, but with fact-checkers like these guys used... that thing better be thrown out in a hurry.

And I just realized that about the pick. I should really check out the draft-eligible players soon, see who the Leafs could end up with.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Been a Oilers fan since 2006 and the last few months is just such a insane whirl-wind. Winning the McDavid lottery, a new GM (that's decent), and soon-to-be head coach. Sorry Maple Leaf fans...  :rolleyes: but I did laugh for a good five minutes when I realized Edmonton won again.

Seriously though.. it's about time we go somewhere.  :unsure:

Scapin' since September 2007 and Hardcore Ironwoman since October 2014.

I'm probably in the minority, but (as a Leafs fan) I didn't want McDavid in Toronto. I didn't want my team to become "Connor McDavid and the Toronto Maple Leafs". I was actually hoping for the Coyotes to get him. They could use a player like that.

The somewhat selfish London Knights fan in me wants the Leafs to take Marner.

EDIT: And the Leafs have hired Babcock... I was kinda hoping for Torts, honestly. Say what you will about him, but Torts would have taken a lot of media attention off of the team and that would be a good thing in Toronto.

I'm probably in the minority, but (as a Leafs fan) I didn't want McDavid in Toronto. I didn't want my team to become "Connor McDavid and the Toronto Maple Leafs". I was actually hoping for the Coyotes to get him. They could use a player like that.

The somewhat selfish London Knights fan in me wants the Leafs to take Marner.

EDIT: And the Leafs have hired Babcock... I was kinda hoping for Torts, honestly. Say what you will about him, but Torts would have taken a lot of media attention off of the team and that would be a good thing in Toronto.

Marner would be awesome. Of course I was hoping they win the lottery....because McDavid would probably be the best player, simple as that.

Torts? ew. I'm not a huge babcock fan but he's a better coach than torts. I don't buy the "media distraction" thing one bit....

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

• 3 years later...
  • 4 months later...

Lightening have actually been really good for a while now, but like you said - no one cares because Florida

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn