Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The Obligatory Ice Hockey Thread

• Please log in to reply
2052 replies to this topic

unkn0wnwarrior
[ Display Name History ]

unkn0wnwarrior

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,855 posts
  • RuneScape Status:F2P
  • RSN:Dougymc
  • RSN2:Doug M

Leafs finally won :D

Apparently there is talk of Paul Maurice losing his job in Carolina, as they've lost 11 straight. That man really hasn't had much luck in the NHL :(

They've been the better team in at least their last 6 games, too. They just didn't get the bounces. 2 wins are better than 1! Detroit visits tonight, though... We'll see what happens there.

obfuscator
[ Display Name History ]

obfuscator

Tanned Caveman

• Members
  • 20,231 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired

Apparently there is talk of Paul Maurice losing his job in Carolina, as they've lost 11 straight. That man really hasn't had much luck in the NHL :(

They've been the better team in at least their last 6 games, too. They just didn't get the bounces. 2 wins are better than 1! Detroit visits tonight, though... We'll see what happens there.

Hmm I haven't been following the season too closely thus far but from what I've heard Detriot hasn't been anything special, however they have been doing well over the past few games. Is this true?

And then Toronto plays Minnesota, hopefully they can beat them which would move them to #28 :P

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

unkn0wnwarrior
[ Display Name History ]

unkn0wnwarrior

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,855 posts

Hmm I haven't been following the season too closely thus far but from what I've heard Detriot hasn't been anything special, however they have been doing well over the past few games. Is this true?

And then Toronto plays Minnesota, hopefully they can beat them which would move them to #28 :P

It is true that Detroit has started poorly, but they are a team that can turn it around in a hurry. As for recent performance, the only game I remember was their win over the Sharks.

All_Is_Great
[ Display Name History ]

All_Is_Great

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,498 posts
Leafs routed the Red Wings, haha! And MN won, I'm happy! Canes lost again, and lost Ward, what is wrong with that team?

Right now, Oilers up against Avs, go Oil!

Staurolite.png

Atom Smash40
[ Display Name History ]

Atom Smash40

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,250 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Atom Smash40
  • RSN2:Gorgeous War
I think Maurice will lose his job. but it's not to sat he didn't do a good job. the canes went far the past 2 playoffs when no one expected them to.

modmarkl.jpg
~ 3,072nd to 99 Mining on August 30th, 2009 ~
~ 112,084th to 99 Magic on April 16th, 2011 ~

~ 131,681st to 99 Crafting on March 29, 2019 ~

~ 178,385th to 99 Prayer on April 2, 2019 ~

~ 234,921st to 99 Defence on May 9, 2019 ~

~ 173,480th to 99 Herblore on June 21, 2019 ~

~ 155,160th to 99 Smithing on July 16, 2019 ~

unkn0wnwarrior
[ Display Name History ]

unkn0wnwarrior

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,855 posts
I don't think Maurice's job is in jeopardy yet. They will probably try some trades and maybe a free agent or two, first. But we'll see what goes down in Carolina.

And it is about time the Leafs got a break :lol:

Goalie
[ Display Name History ]

Goalie

Rat Meat

• Members
  • 33 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
I like it, when I played I was a Goalie of course, and my two favorite teams are the Flames and Oilers (odd combination I know) :)

G-G-G-Goalie
And The Tides Have Turned

Posted Image
Do you live? Do you die? Do you bleed? For the Fantasy?

unkn0wnwarrior
[ Display Name History ]

unkn0wnwarrior

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,855 posts
Odd combination, indeed. It would be like me rooting for Toronto and Ottawa... It just doesn't work.

obfuscator
[ Display Name History ]

obfuscator

Tanned Caveman

• Members
  • 20,231 posts

Odd combination, indeed. It would be like me rooting for Toronto and Ottawa... It just doesn't work.

Yeah :P Very suprised Toronto beat Detroit, was at a bar watching and everyone was so surprised :D

polvCwJ.gif

unkn0wnwarrior
[ Display Name History ]

unkn0wnwarrior

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,855 posts

Yeah :P Very suprised Toronto beat Detroit, was at a bar watching and everyone was so surprised :D

I wasn't surprised at the win so much as the margin of victory. I knew we could win, it was just a matter of playing like we have been. But 5-1? I never would have guessed that.

obfuscator
[ Display Name History ]

obfuscator

Tanned Caveman

• Members
  • 20,231 posts

I wasn't surprised at the win so much as the margin of victory. I knew we could win, it was just a matter of playing like we have been. But 5-1? I never would have guessed that.

Dammit, I'm getting more and more into hockey every day now. ( I kind of lost it after the lockout) I wish I had TSN, CBC only has the Saturday games from what I know.

polvCwJ.gif

sithlord_man
[ Display Name History ]

sithlord_man

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,129 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:Sithlord man

Pittsburgh Penguins are :thumbup:

Reason why they lost 5-0 to the Sharks, who, for some reason I must bring this up, lost in the first round of the playoffs to an 8th seed team last season. (Presidents cup winners, yet they lose in the first round, I'm still trying to forget.

I'm hoping the Sharks go all the way to the cup instead of powering down like last season...that was horrible...

unkn0wnwarrior
[ Display Name History ]

unkn0wnwarrior

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,855 posts

Dammit, I'm getting more and more into hockey every day now. ( I kind of lost it after the lockout) I wish I had TSN, CBC only has the Saturday games from what I know.

Usually, CBC does Saturday games only, although they sometimes have another one on special occasions. It is rare, though. Sportsnet and TSN would be your best bets for more games.

All_Is_Great
[ Display Name History ]

All_Is_Great

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,498 posts

Usually, CBC does Saturday games only, although they sometimes have another one on special occasions. It is rare, though. Sportsnet and TSN would be your best bets for more games.

CBC has some Thursday night games, and come the playoffs, they have it everyday (well, after the second round, they just do every game). It's all I watch anyway, I don't think spending over 20 bucks a month on TSN (I don't watch many other channels) is worth it :razz:

O and the Leafs always dominate the Red Wings, last year's season opener anyone?

And FINALLY the Oilers won a game, 5-3 over the Avs, woohoo!

Staurolite.png

unkn0wnwarrior
[ Display Name History ]

unkn0wnwarrior

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,855 posts
Actually, that was not dominating... 3-2? And before that the Wings had won 7-2, 5-2 and other such losses in recent years.

I watched 8 periods of hockey on Saturday, although 2 were a repeat of a game I missed earlier. The Leafs game, the Flames game and the second and third of the London Knights (OHL) game.

obfuscator
[ Display Name History ]

obfuscator

Tanned Caveman

• Members
  • 20,231 posts

Actually, that was not dominating... 3-2? And before that the Wings had won 7-2, 5-2 and other such losses in recent years.

I watched 8 periods of hockey on Saturday, although 2 were a repeat of a game I missed earlier. The Leafs game, the Flames game and the second and third of the London Knights (OHL) game.

Leafs beat Detroit 5-1.

Lost to Minnesota, apparently they fell apart in the second period and couldn't pull it back together.

polvCwJ.gif

unkn0wnwarrior
[ Display Name History ]

unkn0wnwarrior

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,855 posts

Leafs beat Detroit 5-1.

Lost to Minnesota, apparently they fell apart in the second period and couldn't pull it back together.

Not in last year's season opener, though. That was a 3-2 win.

And we definitely fell apart in the second. We were going with 5 defensemen, but that isn't a very good excuse.

Atom Smash40
[ Display Name History ]

Atom Smash40

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,250 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Atom Smash40
  • RSN2:Gorgeous War
lololol penguins havent scored in like 130some minutes. eat [cabbage] crosby

modmarkl.jpg
~ 3,072nd to 99 Mining on August 30th, 2009 ~
~ 112,084th to 99 Magic on April 16th, 2011 ~

~ 131,681st to 99 Crafting on March 29, 2019 ~

~ 178,385th to 99 Prayer on April 2, 2019 ~

~ 234,921st to 99 Defence on May 9, 2019 ~

~ 173,480th to 99 Herblore on June 21, 2019 ~

~ 155,160th to 99 Smithing on July 16, 2019 ~

obfuscator
[ Display Name History ]

obfuscator

Tanned Caveman

• Members
  • 20,231 posts

Why so angry? Crosby does tend to be annoying but he's certainly a talented player.

polvCwJ.gif

unkn0wnwarrior
[ Display Name History ]

unkn0wnwarrior

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,855 posts

Why so angry? Crosby does tend to be annoying but he's certainly a talented player.

One of the best in the league, whether I like it or not (which I do not). I still don't think he is THE best, though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users