The Obligatory Ice Hockey Thread

Hawks

I like it, when I played I was a Goalie of course, and my two favorite teams are the Flames and Oilers (odd combination I know) :)

G-G-G-Goalie

And The Tides Have Turned

2qw3bi9.png

Do you live? Do you die? Do you bleed? For the Fantasy?

Odd combination, indeed. It would be like me rooting for Toronto and Ottawa... It just doesn't work.

Yeah :P Very suprised Toronto beat Detroit, was at a bar watching and everyone was so surprised :D

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

Odd combination, indeed. It would be like me rooting for Toronto and Ottawa... It just doesn't work.

Yeah :P Very suprised Toronto beat Detroit, was at a bar watching and everyone was so surprised :D

I wasn't surprised at the win so much as the margin of victory. I knew we could win, it was just a matter of playing like we have been. But 5-1? I never would have guessed that.

I wasn't surprised at the win so much as the margin of victory. I knew we could win, it was just a matter of playing like we have been. But 5-1? I never would have guessed that.

Dammit, I'm getting more and more into hockey every day now. ( I kind of lost it after the lockout) I wish I had TSN, CBC only has the Saturday games from what I know.

polvCwJ.gif

Pittsburgh Penguins are :thumbup:

Reason why they lost 5-0 to the Sharks, who, for some reason I must bring this up, lost in the first round of the playoffs to an 8th seed team last season. (Presidents cup winners, yet they lose in the first round, I'm still trying to forget.

I'm hoping the Sharks go all the way to the cup instead of powering down like last season...that was horrible...

Dammit, I'm getting more and more into hockey every day now. ( I kind of lost it after the lockout) I wish I had TSN, CBC only has the Saturday games from what I know.

Usually, CBC does Saturday games only, although they sometimes have another one on special occasions. It is rare, though. Sportsnet and TSN would be your best bets for more games.

Usually, CBC does Saturday games only, although they sometimes have another one on special occasions. It is rare, though. Sportsnet and TSN would be your best bets for more games.

CBC has some Thursday night games, and come the playoffs, they have it everyday (well, after the second round, they just do every game). It's all I watch anyway, I don't think spending over 20 bucks a month on TSN (I don't watch many other channels) is worth it :razz:

O and the Leafs always dominate the Red Wings, last year's season opener anyone?

And FINALLY the Oilers won a game, 5-3 over the Avs, woohoo!

Staurolite.png

Actually, that was not dominating... 3-2? And before that the Wings had won 7-2, 5-2 and other such losses in recent years.

I watched 8 periods of hockey on Saturday, although 2 were a repeat of a game I missed earlier. The Leafs game, the Flames game and the second and third of the London Knights (OHL) game.

Actually, that was not dominating... 3-2? And before that the Wings had won 7-2, 5-2 and other such losses in recent years.

I watched 8 periods of hockey on Saturday, although 2 were a repeat of a game I missed earlier. The Leafs game, the Flames game and the second and third of the London Knights (OHL) game.

Leafs beat Detroit 5-1.

Lost to Minnesota, apparently they fell apart in the second period and couldn't pull it back together.

polvCwJ.gif

Leafs beat Detroit 5-1.

Lost to Minnesota, apparently they fell apart in the second period and couldn't pull it back together.

Not in last year's season opener, though. That was a 3-2 win.

And we definitely fell apart in the second. We were going with 5 defensemen, but that isn't a very good excuse.

lololol penguins havent scored in like 130some minutes. eat [cabbage] crosby

modmarkl.jpg
~ 3,072nd to 99 Mining on August 30th, 2009 ~
~ 112,084th to 99 Magic on April 16th, 2011 ~

~ 131,681st to 99 Crafting on March 29, 2019 ~

~ 178,385th to 99 Prayer on April 2, 2019 ~

~ 234,921st to 99 Defence on May 9, 2019 ~

~ 173,480th to 99 Herblore on June 21, 2019 ~

~ 155,160th to 99 Smithing on July 16, 2019 ~

Why so angry? Crosby does tend to be annoying but he's certainly a talented player.

polvCwJ.gif

Why so angry? Crosby does tend to be annoying but he's certainly a talented player.

One of the best in the league, whether I like it or not (which I do not). I still don't think he is THE best, though.

orly? devils just beat penguins 4-1. Crosby held scoreless. wtfpwnt

modmarkl.jpg

malkin > the [bleep] tbh

modmarkl.jpg

To start off, I'm a girl, and yes, I play ice hockey. I play hockey on my high school team (all girls) and I'm the goalie :D My favorite team is the blackhawks <3 Patrick Kane is my love ;) I think the hawks, avs, or flyers will win the cup.

regi_sig.png

NOT FAIR. Our high school doesn't have a hockey team, and if they did they probably wouldn't let girls play on it.

But goalies OWN. :thumbsup:

My school had one. It was our only good team. It won pretty much every game, and our goalie was amazing. But I couldn't play as a result of early-life injuries and illnesses keeping me off the ice for too long.

I think it was only a guys team, but we didn't have any girls that were really interested (and any that were already played for their hometown teams, anyway).

devils win again in a shootout. parise and langenbrunner lead the way. rangers play tonight against lightning. pretty much a given win....for the LIGHTNING!

modmarkl.jpg