Inside Jagex Games Studio 28th October

Carl

Am I the only one who think they missed the mark with this video? Zombies and all that, yeah, it's funny, but it could've been so much more. They should have played up the whole idea that they're lazy and don't do anything.

Instead of dead people on the computers, it would've been great if they had been sleeping. Maybe have a couple of people sleeping under the desks. People haing around playing checkers instead of working. Open a door and find two of the Mods in there snogging. That would've been better I think. And they didn't have one Monty Python reference, which is kinda sad.

Oh, and you guys are probably right about them just doing it with a quick few minutes, but imagine the awesomeness if he gone into the Mechscape room and flashing lights went off, there were sirens, and a guard threw him back out of the room. :-D

I think they might have had issues with people not getting the joke - and seriously thinking all they did was sleep and snog :mellow:

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not being rude here, and I haven't actually watched the video, but really?

They're on thin ice here and this is how they budget their time? Now, if things were all well, strong update with little controversy after strong update, economy back on track, rampant inflation staked through the heart, and so forth, I'd be find with these shenanigans.

But, here's the thing. Generals who lose battles are unpopular. They get very little slack. The same applies to those in the entertainment business.

So they spent time dressing themselves up as zombies and dish us rotten updates?

You're about as fun as this guy:

squidward.jpg

Seriously, do you live in some of stalinesque communist regime that demands contintinous labour without an ounce of recreation? Do you really? It comes of as such.

You know, realistically, how hard it'd be to make a video like this? The make-up costs maybe £5, the planning can be done in 15-30 minutes, the filming in about the same time, the editing about 15 minutes?

That's roughly an hours work (heck, let's be radically out of line here, maybe up to 30 minutes more) for a short spoof film. It's not like they had a crew fly out from Hollywood to dress up these graphically-stunning zombies, nor did they hire Steven Spielberg to do the directing. How is that, hardly, spending money and time on this?

You know, pick up a sport, play a game (maybe RuneScape isn't cut out for you) and have some fun from time to time? I know, I know, it's not the 24/7 labour you'd expect from any working citizen, but bear with it.

And, for that matter, you're wasting more time than they are with what you are doing right now (TIF/RuneScape). I think you both need to do some serious self-evaluation before making snide, ironic remarks like that again and making yourself look like a complete [wagon].

To help you get along the way! :thumbup:

Unknown_Warrior.jpegIgGCP.png

Dragon Drops : 5 Dragon Medium Helmets, 3 Dragon Claws, 3 Dragon platelegs, 2 Dragon plateskirts, 2 Dragon Hatchets, 2 Dragon Spears, 7 pairs of Dragon Boots, 1 Dragon pickaxe, 10 Dragon defenders, 3 Dragon 2h swords, 1 Dragon armour Slice, 1 Dragon armour Lump, 1 Dragon chainbody, 1 Dragon kiteshield, 1 Dragon hasta, 1 Dragon ward, 25 Dragon knives pairs
The Warrior's Blog , Herblore Habitat - Efficient and profitable

[hide=Stats and logs]

The_Warrior.png
.:Adventurer's Log:.

[/hide]

Ha, I loved the video. Like that kind of humour.

And of course the whiners have already found a way to relate this video to so called "bad updates". Please, just quit the game. That'll help you and the rest of us.

Pretty cool, should be very interesting to gain an insight into the secret realm of the Jagex HQ. :mrgreen:

And must there be people arguing about the video already? It's a nice gesture of Jagex, let that be that. No pleasing everyone I guess. :mellow:

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

RIP Michaelangelopolous

Am I the only one who think they missed the mark with this video? Zombies and all that, yeah, it's funny, but it could've been so much more. They should have played up the whole idea that they're lazy and don't do anything.

Instead of dead people on the computers, it would've been great if they had been sleeping. Maybe have a couple of people sleeping under the desks. People haing around playing checkers instead of working. Open a door and find two of the Mods in there snogging. That would've been better I think. And they didn't have one Monty Python reference, which is kinda sad.

Oh, and you guys are probably right about them just doing it with a quick few minutes, but imagine the awesomeness if he gone into the Mechscape room and flashing lights went off, there were sirens, and a guard threw him back out of the room. :-D

I think they might have had issues with people not getting the joke - and seriously thinking all they did was sleep and snog :mellow:

Wait, isn't that all you do? Oh, and you watch anime.

This website and its contents are copyright © 1999 - 2010 Jagex Ltd.

Wait, isn't that all you do? Oh, and you watch anime.

I agree with both of MHL's posts. Maybe TIF crewbies need to make a vid like this.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

I'm not being rude here, and I haven't actually watched the video, but really?

They're on thin ice here and this is how they budget their time? Now, if things were all well, strong update with little controversy after strong update, economy back on track, rampant inflation staked through the heart, and so forth, I'd be find with these shenanigans.

But, here's the thing. Generals who lose battles are unpopular. They get very little slack. The same applies to those in the entertainment business.

So they spent time dressing themselves up as zombies and dish us rotten updates?

You're about as fun as this guy:

squidward.jpg

Seriously, do you live in some of stalinesque communist regime that demands contintinous labour without an ounce of recreation? Do you really? It comes of as such.

You know, realistically, how hard it'd be to make a video like this? The make-up costs maybe £5, the planning can be done in 15-30 minutes, the filming in about the same time, the editing about 15 minutes?

That's roughly an hours work (heck, let's be radically out of line here, maybe up to 30 minutes more) for a short spoof film. It's not like they had a crew fly out from Hollywood to dress up these graphically-stunning zombies, nor did they hire Steven Spielberg to do the directing. How is that, hardly, spending money and time on this?

You know, pick up a sport, play a game (maybe RuneScape isn't cut out for you) and have some fun from time to time? I know, I know, it's not the 24/7 labour you'd expect from any working citizen, but bear with it.

And, for that matter, you're wasting more time than they are with what you are doing right now (TIF/RuneScape). I think you both need to do some serious self-evaluation before making snide, ironic remarks like that again and making yourself look like a complete [wagon].

To help you get along the way! :thumbup:

Now hold on there! They do know what fun is, it's just their idea of fun is different from yours. You see, you find it fun playing Runescape. They find it fun bashing and criticizing things that other people like.

You and I may not like it, but it is their right so we must respect it....

Prism_Swords.png

Jagex: Giving MGM Studios a run for their money since 2009!

I got it, hint at a new skill- MOVIE MAKING!

I also wonder, why didn't paul turn into a zombie? He must be the Will Smith of Jagex Castle. :D

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

I think the points was that they're ZOMBIES because it HALLOWEEN.

Mechscape thing would've been funny though. Maybe if he opened the door, and you can only see a double-barrel shotgun sticking out and some guy going "GET OUT we are doing SECRET THINGGGSS!!!!!!!". And then Paul would just slam the door and go "Okay I think they're making some good progress, let's not disturb them".

lol

When you go feather dragon god, you never go back.

*Searches old update threads for randomly capitalized letters that spell out a call for help*

Ok, we can all pretty much agree that it wasn't spectacular. It was good and I enjoyed it. But what do you expect from a quickly made movie? Plus it's a first shot. I found it funny at times and it's nice to at least see Jagex HQ. I can't wait until the release more with slightly more experience in filming / writing and most of all, MORE SPOILERS!

Tbh I thought the whole thing was just bloody brilliant. Detail, editing, all that stuff.

I mean I got this annoying English essay which I probably get higher marks for than anyone analysing this boring film about the camera setting, editing, lighting, all that rubbish.

This short Jagex vid was more meaningful to me and interesting.

The whole spelling bricks with 'help is just ace lol. The guy is awesome. I rather be watching these vids anytime. There funny.