Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Runescapes Rarest 99's (as of November 1, 12:01 am)

• Please log in to reply
220 replies to this topic

meb
[ Display Name History ]

meb

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,930 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Red ftk bolt
  • Clan:The Slayers Guild
Construction is so rare because there is no other point to it than a fancy house that nobody will see. Other than that no big surprises. I need to get a rarer skillcape :P
Retired
2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

Great_one
[ Display Name History ]

Great_one

Hobgoblin Killer

• Members
  • 1,704 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
  • RSN:Y_z
Str is kinda pissing me off now. I always strive to get into the top 100k for each skill, but now that seems a long way off for str.
Posted Image

Leoo
[ Display Name History ]

Leoo

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 920 posts
  • RSN:Leoo
I'm pleased to own the rarest Skillcape.

SoulAttacker
[ Display Name History ]

SoulAttacker

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 329 posts
Glad to see that RC is back at the #1 spot. It really does deserve to be the rarest cape because of all the effort that needs to be put in to train it, despite Jagex making this game easier and easier..
11th to 99 Summoning
85th to 99 Runecrafting

Posted Image

Carl
[ Display Name History ]

Carl

I <3 N_odie!

• Members
  • 2,376 posts
  • RSN:Carl
  • RSN2:Newb

pay careful attention to mining. by the end of the year, it will be ranked 10th. mining has already gotten like another 500-600 "99ers" since the noob mines came out

con is 2nd because without hammers its really expensive (maybe 120m?) and not many people want to sit through endless hours of SC for the hammers.

You need to get over yourself, seriously. You're not impressing anyone, and you'd expect to get "respect" for having 99 mining, but you threw chances of that out the window when you started training it. Mining has gotten another 600 people that too, trained a useless skill for a cape, since the mines that made the skill somewhat bearable.

Construction's 2nd because it's useless, really. How often will you hold a "house party" to show off? Only party most people will throw is getting a 99. And you can only do that so many times. It's pointless, and "rare". As was herblore useless after level 84 up until recently.

I'm not entirely surprised to see these numbers, however, Strength I didn't expect to be that high.
But just because it's most common, shouldn't degrade what it takes to actually get it. And the fact it's one of the most useful skills considering to train pretty much any melee stat effectively, you'll aim to have high strength so you can do so with hitting high numbers. It's the skill most pures train, for obvious reasons, and it's F2p.

Firemaking's low simply because of how it's rather pointless to train past 92 (92 for the Adze). That, and it's incredibly time consuming unless you have brawlers with magic logs. Most repetitive skill, I'd say. (Personally..)

RIP Michaelangelopolous

hohto
[ Display Name History ]

hohto

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,825 posts
  • RSN:Hohto
  • Clan:TR
There's 2 things that surprised me:

* Prayer = It's the only one that requires a lot of money and is ranked in top 10. Ok, it is visible for everyone (in form of combat level) without the need to wear a cape and it might help in some activities, but still. Would have expected it to be rarer than hunter for example.
* Thieving = Gets a bit of profit, doesn't require virtually any money to start and is really fast, infact has 2 really fast ways to level it. Still it is rarer than over 50% of the capes.

Anyways the trends are clear: the rarest ones are those that are either ultimately slow (RC&Slay) or the ones that require a large cash pile. The most common ones are either dirty easy&cheap (fletch and cook) or basic combat skills.

And yea Xxxgod has a point, even though I don't really agree with complaining. Mining just got a lot easier and in a year it most likely will be between the places 10 and 15.
Posted Image

I'd rather die for what I believe in than live for anything else.

Name Removed by Administrator ~Turtlefemm

Carl
[ Display Name History ]

Carl

I <3 N_odie!

• Members
  • 2,376 posts
  • RSN:Carl
  • RSN2:Newb
But Hohto, unless they release more uses for Mining, that many people (That you're predicting) probably won't train mining to 99 as it's pretty much useless after 85.

I can quite understand why Prayer is more common than others, a large majority of players are mainly combat orientated, be it slayer or monster hunting, Prayer plays a huge part in the effectiveness of some of these things people like to do. And if you're an avid monster hunter, you'll more than likely have quite a bit of money from it, and what better way to spend that money than on a skill that can only make what you enjoy easier.

RIP Michaelangelopolous

anonymous_user
[ Display Name History ]

anonymous_user

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 161 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • Clan:Farseers
Well that has just covered my Strength cape with dung. I thought it was supposed to be hard? Damn them pures.
Posted Image

hohto
[ Display Name History ]

hohto

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,825 posts
  • RSN:Hohto
  • Clan:TR

But Hohto, unless they release more uses for Mining, that many people (That you're predicting) probably won't train mining to 99 as it's pretty much useless after 85.

At lvl 83 it's more profitable and easier than hunter for example in my opinion. I haven't timed the stuff to back up that, but that's where my experiences point to. I'd compare it xp wise to woodcutting and profit wise to below lvl 91 nature rune crafting. There's a lot more reasons to train it than thieving for example.
Posted Image

I'd rather die for what I believe in than live for anything else.

Name Removed by Administrator ~Turtlefemm

All_Is_Great
[ Display Name History ]

All_Is_Great

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,498 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
Back in the summer I believe construction and runecrafting were tied at 2.6k-ish. By tied, I mean they were off by 1 or 2 people. But I guess with all the inflation going on and the amount of gp coming into the game, the buyables will soon move up, my guess is that cons and herb will eventually pass mining.

Staurolite.png

Th3_Crusader
[ Display Name History ]

Th3_Crusader

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,916 posts
  • RSN:Th3 Crusader
  • RSN2:T3h Crusader
  • Clan:Skill 'N' Chill
Least I own one of the top 10 :P
Posted Image

Makoto_the_Phoenix
[ Display Name History ]

Makoto_the_Phoenix

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,997 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • RSN:Makoto D
I thought for sure that Woodcutting would be at least #5.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

Demoli
[ Display Name History ]

Demoli

TET Hampster

• Members
  • 3,488 posts
  • RSN:Demoliboy2

I thought for sure that Woodcutting would be at least #5.

Well, ivies made them fall a bt, and evil trees shouted for woodcutting training, so most likely people got around to do it (alfso, semi afk'ble).

Drazhor
[ Display Name History ]

Drazhor

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,799 posts
  • RSN:Drazhor
I'm actually quite surprised that slayer isn't rarer cause it is more time consuming than a few of the others :blink:
Posted Image
Visit my blog! Click the madness for more madness!

Crimsoncow42
[ Display Name History ]

Crimsoncow42

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 712 posts
  • RuneScape Status:F2P
  • RSN:Crimsoncow42
I'm quite surprised at firemaking not being in the bottom 5. It's cheaper and faster than ever.
Posted Image

osiris_1993
[ Display Name History ]

osiris_1993

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 149 posts
Wow, there are more 99 mages than people with 99 Firemaking :o
How many would have 94? Lol
99 Magic; achieved on 4-4-2009.
85 Slayer; achieved on 6-8-2009.
99 Defence; achieved on 14-8-2009.
99 Constitution; achieved on 12-3-2013.
99 Attack; achieved on 12-5-2013.
99 Slayer; achieved on 21-6-2013.

I came, I saw, I ran away.
Posted Image

kingbrooks
[ Display Name History ]

kingbrooks

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 528 posts
  • RSN:kingbrooks10
  • Clan:Crimson Knights
ALways was surprised by the rarity of Thieving, I am just quickly assuming it's the fastest exp for a profitable skill (not re-looking at list), I was getting 260kexp/hr after 91. And I'm not surprised woodcutting is low to the person a few posts behind me, it's F2P, been around since the beginning, required little to no concentration and allows you to scan other sites. It can be profitable and at least doesn't lose you money.
Best Rubik's cube time solve: 27.81 seconds.
Completed Facebook Tetris Marathon (670k score)
2000+ total with 5 99's, fletching, cooking, attack, thieving and firemaking

canadiansmurf
[ Display Name History ]

canadiansmurf

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 255 posts

I'm actually quite surprised that slayer isn't rarer cause it is more time consuming than a few of the others :blink:

There are many more ways to train slayer more efficiently now if you have the cash, with godswords, pots, new potions that maximize damage. There is less need for food because of bunyips et al. so tasks can be completed faster, and there are slayer rings that tele you closer to tasks. Plus being able to cancel hated tasks, and the option of trading in points for slayer exp have all made it a bit easier. It's still a respected cape.

^ I would theive more if it were more profitable. I also hate pyramid plunder and I hate failing at theiving so much.

^ Why mine past lvl 85? At new caverns it's afkable and profitable even with gold ore prices decreasing, it used to be 400k an hour but even 300k an hour profit is decent as you are also getting exp. I've seen lvl 99 miners at the caverns who are also mining their own gold to lvl smithing and for mining rank.

^ I'm also surprised that theiving and hunter especially are more rare than prayer. Hunter is a decent profit. Maybe its time to make hunt-x or set up traps-x.

mcneilp
[ Display Name History ]

mcneilp

SlĂ inte

• Members
  • 2,670 posts
Theiving/Prayer and Hunter suprised me a little. Still can't beleive how "rare" theiving is, what with some quite high exp rates at higher levels and the amount of time it's been around.
Prayer had a lot more people with 99 than i imagined.
It isn't in the castle, It isn't in the mist, It's a calling of the waters, As they break to show, The new Black Death, With reactors aglow, Do you think your security, Can keep you in purity, You will not shake us off above or below
Scottish friction
Scottish fiction

The_Fray
[ Display Name History ]

The_Fray

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,481 posts
  • RuneScape Status:F2P
  • RSN:Rook
I already knew that Runecrafting was the rarest, and I am glad I have it. It's a shame most people do not like the skill, considering that it is very good profit and with the addition of ZMI is a lot faster than before.

Slayer is a another surprise, I would have thought it would a lot higher up on the list. I guess too many people like the skill and it is actually fun to train makes it fall down the list.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users