Tip.it Times 1 November 2009

Mirror

Tip.it Times is here!

Take a look here: Tip.it Times

You may discuss the articles here, but please specify which article you are discussing.

Also PM me for any spelling or grammar mistakes. Thanks!

A reflection is just a distorted reality held by glass and your mind.

optimizedbrokenmirrorpn.jpg

replying to the main article.

True 76king may be the best way of making money but other ways still can be used successfully. You can still buy something with 1m which is easy to obtain. Making money is not always so easy. For example in megaten there is about 3 ways to make money, dungeon runs, plasma farming, selling items. On a dungeon run you are lucky if you get something that is worth over 10k, a run takes about 30 minutes to 1 hour and you get something rare about 1/20 times The best loot i've gotten from a dungeon was worth 75k, the second best was 20k. Plasma farming gets you about 200k per hour if you do it effectively. Then you can sell items which you can sell what you find in dungeons, on monsters, etc. Since you rarely get anything over 10k it's hard to make much money. Generally if you want to buy any good armor it can cost anywhere from 100k to 5m. The rest of the things you can buy are weak weapons and armor. The best weapons in any game shop i've seen cost about 100k and are about as good as the weapons I made myself. Not a lot of options. So while they are not as good atleast they are still present.

Article 3:

RuneScape, hardcore? HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. HAHA. HA. ........ Ahem. But really, it's nowhere near hardcore, it only takes a minute to compare to some "hardcore" MMOs to see why. To name a few, EVE online, Darkfall, pre-update Ultima Online. Runescape is fun, but not a competitor in that niche.

Dare589.gif

Clickie the signature image for me blog.

Vox populi, vox dei.

I want that scale to settle, i am sick of seeing mid levels with full dragon

I enjoy going into pvp and killing 76kers, despite not getting much...=(

I did like the articles except the unbuyables, which i had a hard time understanding

Diomedus.png

Diomedus.png

War is not about who's right, it's about who's left

I read the first two... I'm starting to get annoyed by these. The first thing I don't like is that they start with the basic assumption: there is major inflation only caused by pvp, and inflation is bad. Then they go off like they know what they're talking about... Making many fallacies. It doesn't make any difference at all what a gp is valued at towards all other goods. Learn2macroeconomics pl0x. Although I was surprised the first article came to the same conclusion I reached in a different thread a little bit ago: inflation will eventually stop 76king if the majority of the drops are gp.

I think the biggest problem people have with the 76king trick if the amount of effort it takes, not the "fact" that it's causing inflation.

Edit:stupid iPod touch

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

I read the first two... I'm starting to get annoyed by these. The first thing I don't like is that they start with the basic assumption: there is major inflation only caused by pvp, and inflation is bad. Then they go off like they know what they're talking about... Making many fallacies. It doesn't make any difference at all what a gp is valued at towards all other goods. Learn2macroeconomics pl0x. Although I was surprised the first article came to the same conclusion I reached in a different thread a little bit ago: inflation will eventually stop 76king if the majority of the drops are gp.

I think the biggest problem people have with the 76king trick if the amount of effort it takes, not the "fact" that it's causing inflation.

Edit:stupid iPod touch

I know macro... What's your argument.

Thoroughly retired, may still write now and again

The statement in the first article that "In the era of 'keeping up with the Jonese' players can't make as much money as PK'ers/(or trickers)." Is incorrect. I could easily make 1m an hour camping mages/abbies or doing sara/arma GWD. Those with 91 rcing, or with the ability to mine rune can as well, as can other skills.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

the article about the bad inflation: while you do get insane amount of money, you're not only losing time but potential xp. true, with skilling you may get less money, but important xp aswell.

Halloween story: is that the end...? if it is kinda disappointed all died and nobody stopped them lol, hope theres part 3 :wink:

want_a_box.png

the article about the bad inflation: while you do get insane amount of money, you're not only losing time but potential xp. true, with skilling you may get less money, but important xp aswell.

Halloween story: is that the end...? if it is kinda disappointed all died and nobody stopped them lol, hope theres part 3 :wink:

I think it's the end, sorry :P

If you have any ideas for fictional stories though, we always welcome them :thumbsup:

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

Awesome ending to the Halloween fiction article... notice I said ending?! Yes that's right something not much seen here... Anyone know if people are gonna start finishing their stories?

Like what about War Running, A Dying Flame/Saradomin's Sun/Lay Folk, Rat King, When Kingdoms Collapse and Duality? Why??? I think The Siege was the only one kind of finished.

brendanrune.png

Could anyone explain the 76king concept to me?

What the triangle trick?

Simple:

A kills B

B kills C

C kills A

dangsig.png

By popular demand, this signature is back- however I currently do not have a blog up at the moment and if I did I wouldn't update it. Sorry, the sig links to nowhere :( .

Isn't the DYK a repeat?

If it is, I apologized. It was not marked as used, so therefore I used it today. Next week I hope to bring you a better DYK.

A reflection is just a distorted reality held by glass and your mind.

optimizedbrokenmirrorpn.jpg

No I'm going to say it. The things Fetzki said in the 3rd time piece have only enforced the idea that he is an incredibly arrogant SOB in my mind. He really needs to be taken off any sort of Public relations duty.

Fixed 76 tricking that the same thing they said last time, and all it did was make it worse from 26 became 76. Jagex needs to have the hot air pumped from there building you haven’t fixed anything you have made it harder but not stopped it. Or is this and endorsement of 76king and a sign that all you are going to do is continue to make it harder to do but never get rid of it?

the did you know was allredy used on the "quest" artical weak.

anyway 1 2 and 3 where nice reads. i dont read the fictional atricals.

the gold standard was well made and true :thumbup:

im haveing probelms with infaltion in rs right now and no way am i 76king/merch claning so for now im :-#

unbyables was a bit of a let down compaird to the other 2, still nice and informative.

The Director Commentary, i dont know wat to say tbh. anyway thanks for leting me know wat hapend.

mlpfim20percentcoolersi.jpg

I'm a Brony and proud of it!

Problem I see is that the market is not inclined to naturally balance.

In fact, it's artificially disinclined, what with price caps and all... seriously, 3 gp difference between filled and empty vials!? Not worth anyones time.

The reason for that is probably the lunar spells that fill vials. The problem is we have an exp based economy, so many people (probably) use that spell to fill up vials and gain magic exp. Because enough people do this, and do it for exp instead of cash, that's why the difference is 3gp.

Or at least that's the most logical conclusion I can come up with. It seems likely though.

Something you gotta remember when you look at the RS economy is that it is an exp based economy. That's why almost all production skills are money losers, which is quite contrary to the way the real world works.

No I'm going to say it. The things Fetzki said in the 3rd time piece have only enforced the idea that he is an incredibly arrogant SOB in my mind. He really needs to be taken off any sort of Public relations duty.

Fixed 76 tricking that the same thing they said last time, and all it did was make it worse from 26 became 76. Jagex needs to have the hot air pumped from there building you havent fixed anything you have made it harder but not stopped it. Or is this and endorsement of 76king and a sign that all you are going to do is continue to make it harder to do but never get rid of it?

I don't know much about 76k'ing, but the newest update to it (that stops you from getting good items if you constantly kill the same person or something) just might stop it. Maybe.

P.S. I've read some of the other stuff Mod Fetzki has said, and he probably should be taken off PR duty.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

First article was pretty decent but when I started reading the second....god. I couldn't even get through three paragraphs before closing my browser. It sounded like it was the first paper of a freshman in high school. My head hurts.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

first article: hmm pretty good.

2nd article: very accurate, i liked it.

3rd article: ooooh lucky you! sounds fun.

4th article: W T F!!!!!!

that 4th one was the best article ever! it also has important lesson: NEVER log off without armour and weapons.

Greecl: agreed, mister Eskimo steroid wrestler black guy thingy.

Lite191: =] lol

Greecl: this is going on my siggy on tippit.

lite191: actually im a ninja Eskimo wrestler on steroids with a godsword… on fire.

Greecl: eating a Klondike bar. =p

lite191: yes but it melted=[

Greecl: aw…wish you weren’t on fire now, huh?

lite191 :no.

lite191: Still freaking awesome.me

Greecl: or as Greecl would say… Frosted flakes are better!!!

lite191: agreed.

Ever since the introduction of the Grand Exchange there has been items where demand has surpassed supply by great margins.

Started reading the second article by Master_Smither, Unbuyables, and I couldn't finish it after I read the first sentence. When writing an article you should probably at least make sure the first sentence is grammatically correct.

smallsigr.jpg