Items Kept on Death

Dire_Wolf

Not to mention phats are worth nothing so you always lose it if you have more than 3 items...this is why I almost never wear mine. :(

All death in Runescape is avoidable. Yes. Even from disconnections.

Er, only if you never risk anything. I try to do difficult things with friends. I don't mean just a team, I mean actual friends :) who will return items if I lose and of course, I do the same for them.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not to mention phats are worth nothing so you always lose it if you have more than 3 items...this is why I almost never wear mine. :(

All death in Runescape is avoidable. Yes. Even from disconnections.

Er, only if you never risk anything. I try to do difficult things with friends. I don't mean just a team, I mean actual friends :) who will return items if I lose and of course, I do the same for them.

And how are they returning these items?

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

SirHemen, you keep saying the system is flawed. Ok maybe it IS flawed. Regardless if it is flawed or not this is the current system and not following the rules of it is going to cost you (or your friend). Also you seem to think changing a few alch prices would change this...you change one, two, three and soon you need to change 20,30,40 etc ad infinitum based on which items kept on death aren't "fair." (pfft like people are agree on the price changes if it occurred either)

Mostly I'm saying if you don't learn the rules, stop complaining. If you do know the rules and don't like it then come up with a viable solution, or stop complaining, or ask why you are playing a game that is flawed to you?

I seriously doubt anyone WANTS to lose their valuable items... So why so much opposition?

I think that the items kept should be changed slightly but not based on Grand Exchange prices.

Specifically, a platebody should still protect over a helmet, but a higher-level piece of Ranged equipment should protect over a lower-level piece of melee equipment. It is unfortunate that Ranger Boots, an item which costs a whopping 13.6m, should be lost in almost any case, but they are just boots. The same goes for Dragon Claws - You should keep a Dragon Longsword over them. They are just claws after all... Fortunately, Ranger Boots give so little bonus that they're hardly worth risking anyway, and Dragon Claws are used almost exclusively for PvP in which you'd lose almost all of your items if you died so they'd get lost either way.

My proposed system works both ways though... You would keep your Armadyl Chestplate over a Rune Platebody but you would also keep your Armadyl Helmet over a Dragon Full Helm.

2dgucz6.png

This is a Patch Notes issue. It's the sort of thing we expect to see one of these weeks in the "In Other News" section of an update.

"The alchemy prices of some items from the God Wars Dungeon have been changed to better reflect their true values."

...And there you go.

It really is BS that a rune platebody would keep over Armadyl. Who said that it has a higher "in-game value" or whatever? You do realize that Kree drops rune platebodies too, right? You can get a rune plate from a Kalphite Guardian, but you need to go all the way to the God Wars Dungeon and take on one of the hardest bosses in the game to find an Armadyl Chestplate.

This is a Patch Notes issue. It's the sort of thing we expect to see one of these weeks in the "In Other News" section of an update.

"The alchemy prices of some items from the God Wars Dungeon have been changed to better reflect their true values."

...And there you go.

It really is BS that a rune platebody would keep over Armadyl. Who said that it has a higher "in-game value" or whatever? You do realize that Kree drops rune platebodies too, right? You can get a rune plate from a Kalphite Guardian, but you need to go all the way to the God Wars Dungeon and take on one of the hardest bosses in the game to find an Armadyl Chestplate.

Is the text in bold from a Patch update?

...And there you go.

Not yet, but it should be.

...And there you go.

Not yet, but it should be.

Well i hope the items that obviously have higher value than others are tweaked.

Well, regarding what a previous poster said a few pages back along the lines of "Just make it an alch value of 200-300k, nobody would alch them with the loss of milions."

Say that to all the people that have high-alched their Whips, Santa Hats, H'ween Masks, Edible Rares, Disks, Partyhats, etc.

And honestly, SirHemen, I just skipped all your posts after the 3rd page, it was the same thing over and over again.

"MY FRIEND LOST HIS PLATE UNFAIRLY AMG ACP IZ 20M IN GE AND RUNE P8 IZ 50K. ALSO I NEVER SUGGESTED TO LINK GE PRICES, WHAT HELL MAN????"

Paraphrased for ya :)

Spaz4010.png

Well, regarding what a previous poster said a few pages back along the lines of "Just make it an alch value of 200-300k, nobody would alch them with the loss of milions."

Say that to all the people that have high-alched their Whips, Santa Hats, H'ween Masks, Edible Rares, Disks, Partyhats, etc.

Well, that's their decision if they want to do that. If they do, I doubt they'll care much whether they get 16k or 200k when they're losing out on so much anyway...

If you alch with a very valuable item in your invy, and aren't careful, too bad. I was always careful. I think the IKOD is fine as it is. Jagex values/Alch value and Player created values do to utility, rarity, etc. is rather irrelevant. =

Stonewall337.png
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)

If you alch with a very valuable item in your invy, and aren't careful, too bad. I was always careful. I think the IKOD is fine as it is. Jagex values/Alch value and Player created values do to utility, rarity, etc. is rather irrelevant. =

I don't think a level 40 melee armor being protected over a level 70 Ranged armor is fine... :-|

2dgucz6.png

I don't think a level 40 melee armor being protected over a level 70 Ranged armor is fine... :-|

If you think about it, Melee armour is made out of what? Metal.

Ranged armour (for the most part) is made out of what? Leather (Tanned (dragon) hides).

Magic "armour" (once again, for the most part) is made out of what? Cloth.

I'm pretty sure, that back in the timezone this is created, metal was worth a helluva lot more then tanned hides and clothes

Spaz4010.png

You need a quest to be able to use rune plate, while you don't to use arma plate. That makes a difference as well.

Stonewall337.png

Ranged armour (for the most part) is made out of what? Leather (Tanned (dragon) hides).

I'm pretty sure, that back in the timezone this is created, metal was worth a helluva lot more then tanned hides and clothes

Falls apart pretty quickly once you start thinking of other things that are made of metal. Gold helmets alch for less than normal logs. Pretty sure in any timezone, gold is worth more than wood. And an Armadyl Helmet alchs for less than a Granite Maul, which is a rock tied to a stick. That makes sense.

Falls apart pretty quickly once you start thinking of other things that are made of metal. Gold helmets alch for less than normal logs. Pretty sure in any timezone, gold is worth more than wood. And an Armadyl Helmet alchs for less than a Granite Maul, which is a rock tied to a stick. That makes sense.

Yeah. Plus Armadyl armor actually does appear to be made of metal...

* Realized you said for the most part but Armadyl was the specific example used here. :razz:

2dgucz6.png

yeah definately agree. I've lost more armadyl sets/ranger boots then you could imagine, because barrows gloves, fury and verac helm protects over it. (no seriously, i've lost about 500m atleast just on armadyl sets/ranger boots from losing connection at armadyl :[, would've been alot less if it was GE value instead of alch.

zemus.gif

24th to 2496 Overall   ~  29th to 120 Dungeoneering

~ Wilderness Guardian since November 2007 ~