How long does it take to get 99 RuneCrafting from 44?

Diztrict

Get at least 60 to start, then 85, and once you hit 91 we can give you a good estimate #-o .

http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/ww6/aspeeder/Siggy_zpsewaiux2t.png

99 Strength since 6/02/10 99 Attack since 9/19/10 99 Constitution since 10/03/10 99 Defense since 3/14/11

99 Slayer since 8/30/11 99 Summoning since 9/10/11 99 Ranged since 09/18/11 99 Magic since 11/12/11

99 Prayer since 11/15/11 99 Herblore since 3/29/12 99 Firemaking since 5/15/12 99 Smithing since 10/04/12

99 Crafting since 9/16/13 99 Agility since 9/23/13 99 Dungeoneering since 1/1/14 99 Fishing since 2/4/14

99 Mining since 2/28/14 99 Farming since 6/04/14 99 Cooking since 6/11/14 99 Runecrafting since 10/10/14

9 Fletching since 11/11/14 99 Thieving since 11/14/14 99 Woodcutting since 11/20/14 99 Construction since 12/03/14

99 Divination since 2/22/15 99 Hunter since 2/23/15 99 Invention since 01/20/17 99 Archaeology since 5/14/22
Quest Point Cape since 08/20/09
Maxed since 2/23/15 Fire Cape since 02/27/13
Slayer: 3 Leaf-Bladed Swords, 8 Black Masks, 2 Hexcrests, 26 Granite Mauls, 5 Focus Sights, 32 Abyssal Whips, 9 Dark Bows, 1 Whip Vine, 3 Staffs of Light, 15 Polypore Sticks

Dragon: 9 Draconic Visages, 7 Shield Left Halves, 20 Dragon Boots, 40 Dragon Med Helms, 8 Dragon Platelegs, 6 Dragon Spears, 20 Dragon Daggers, 5 Dragon Plateskirts, 1 Dragon Chainbody, 63 Off-hand Dragon Throwing Axes, 19 Dragon Longswords, 27 Dragon Maces, 1 Dragon Ward
Treasure Trails: Saradomin Full Helm, Ranger Boots, Rune Body (t), Saradomin Vambraces, Various God Pages
Misc:1 Onyx,1 Ahrim's Hood, 1 Guthan's Chainskirt, 1 Demon Slayer Boots

I could give you a rough-estimate based on methods, possible paths etc - but I don't think that'd benefit you all too much. As others have said - it will most probably take months.

Especially if this is one of your first attempts, I'd highly advising just seeing how you go at the moment. Aim for the 60s or 70s. If you can stomach that then consider moving on further because it requires a hell of a lot of dedication. ;)

Well i wouldent even start an assessment from 40, so lets say for the sake of conversation you are 75. You can get about 25k / hour at the zmi alter, alot of noobs will chime up and say "durr durr durr i get 35k / hour ya ya ya" but thats all a load. They never factor in going to the can, misclicks, pop tarts, rolling joints, the phone, people comming over.... i could go on forever.

at 25k / hour you are looking at about 480 hours. Assuming you put in 4 hours a day you are looking at 120 days or 4 months.

We really cant take you seriously saying you are going for 99 in runecrafting starting at 40. Thats like walking to the store to get a slurpy and asking someone on the way "how long would it take to walk to iraq for some hummus".

You sound like one of those clowns at draynor with level 40 wc saying they are going for 99.

If you are serious about getting 99 in a skill like that, what will make or break you wont be methods or min/max exp per hour, it will be a method to keep yourself occupied so you wont go INSANE doing thousands of repetitive runecrafting runs. Seriously its enough to make you want to eat a kitten for breakfast. I recomend watching all 10 seasons of stargate sg1 in a window beside the runescape window (rs window in fixed size). All 10 seasons will pretty much take you into the mid 90s assuming you stop using the zmi after 91.

Taco out.

Fools_Taco.png

Well i wouldent even start an assessment from 40, so lets say for the sake of conversation you are 75. You can get about 25k / hour at the zmi alter, alot of noobs will chime up and say "durr durr durr i get 35k / hour ya ya ya" but thats all a load. They never factor in going to the can, misclicks, pop tarts, rolling joints, the phone, people comming over.... i could go on forever.

at 25k / hour you are looking at about 480 hours. Assuming you put in 4 hours a day you are looking at 120 days or 4 months.

We really cant take you seriously saying you are going for 99 in runecrafting starting at 40. Thats like walking to the store to get a slurpy and asking someone on the way "how long would it take to walk to iraq for some hummus".

You sound like one of those clowns at draynor with level 40 wc saying they are going for 99.

If you are serious about getting 99 in a skill like that, what will make or break you wont be methods or min/max exp per hour, it will be a method to keep yourself occupied so you wont go INSANE doing thousands of repetitive runecrafting runs. Seriously its enough to make you want to eat a kitten for breakfast. I recomend watching all 10 seasons of stargate sg1 in a window beside the runescape window (rs window in fixed size). All 10 seasons will pretty much take you into the mid 90s assuming you stop using the zmi after 91.

Taco out.

HEY MAN i am one of those clowns at draynor saying they are going for 99 wc and i am pretty darn close for only 2 years =p

he is right, the best way to look at it is by looking at good stopping points maybe intervals of 10 levels then break until you get to 100k xp to get level then maybe 7 levels, y'know?

wingwinder.png

indifference.gif

Taco out.

HEY MAN i am one of those clowns at draynor saying they are going for 99 wc and i am pretty darn close for only 2 years =p

he is right, the best way to look at it is by looking at good stopping points maybe intervals of 10 levels then break until you get to 100k xp to get level then maybe 7 levels, y'know?

I have nothing but love for you but......

You are not even 25% of the way to 99 woodcutting, at this rate it will be another 6 years for one 99.

Fools_Taco.png

I have been going to 99 runecraft about 4 times in 2 years, and here I am, at 86.

It takes a long, long, long, long time.

If you're gonna do it (Edit:sorry: Try to do it), do i the fastest way to 91, then nats all the way. (Or ZMI for some pretty quick xp)

WarBlastoise.png

Taco out.

You are not even 25% of the way to 99 woodcutting, at this rate it will be another 6 years for one 99.

Thanks for not recognizing my sarcasm....

*cough* off-topic *cough*

wingwinder.png

indifference.gif

You said when pigs fly eh? Well look whats happening the swine flew.

You can do it if you want to but I was getting 64 runecrafting from 59 for the falador diary, I nearly died of boredom doing ZMI. Unless its something you enjoy its gonna suck.

:thumbsup: Have fun.

Slayer; it's just what I do.
Thanks Hugger 88 for the awesome siggy!

Click show if you want to see achievements.

TheKoolKandy.png
siggy3s.png
Achievments: Maxed/Comp'd 7th of August 2012. 120 Dungeoneering sometime early december 2011. 99 Slayer achieved October 22nd, 2010. 99 Prayer achieved September 99 18th 2010. Summoning achieved September 14th 2010. 99 Defence achieved May 8th 2010. 99 Constituton achieved April 24th 2010. 99 Attack achieved on January 29th 2010 at 8:00 PM. Questpoint Cape on August 30th 2009.99 Strength (11:47 P.M. August 17 2009).

Figure 23k an hour average, starting at 44, for S&G. You will need roughly 12.9m XP. That is like 560 hours, or equal to 40 hours a week for over 3 months.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

Taco out.

Thanks for not recognizing my sarcasm....

*cough* off-topic *cough*

Lol sorry.

Fools_Taco.png

Diztrict,

A lot of people seem to have missed the point of your OT.

You didn't ask "Is it possible to achieve this?" or "Is this a good idea?" You simply asked how long it would take, and the majority of people have responded in quite a Debbie-Downer way, teling you that you should give up, or even flat-out telling you that you will fail at it.

I'm not sure how long it will take you to get 99 RC staring at your current level, but if you are honestly considering getting it, putting in all of the hours and hours of work, I'm sure you will achieve your goal.

Best of luck, and happy Runecrafting,

- SerpentEye

glut.gif
2tchvHp.png

OK, I'll answer in a non Debbie-Downer way...

I actually enjoy runecrafting (one of the very few!) and regularly go through phases of doing nothing but Runecrafting for 4hrs a day 6 days a week. At times I've played more, and about 20 months ago I started racing a couple of good friends from TIF to 91 RC, I was level 82 at the time. I probably rc'd about 6hrs a day, 7 days a week, all through the abyss.

Remember, this is a skill that I genuinely enjoy... I got to level 88 before I started drifting on to Slayer tasks and doing other things in the game, and not long after I just stopped playing. Note, I didn't quit, I never planned to stop playing, nothing major happened IRL to prevent me playing, I just drifted off. Looking back I think I just burned myself out by doing nothing but rc'ing.

I started playing again about 2 months ago and from level 88 I finally got my level 91 a month ago, and I'm now 92 (sig needs updating =). I would estimate that getting this far has probably taken the best part of 12 months doing 3-4 hours of rc'ing a day - it is only an estimate as I obviously didn't just sit down and do it in one go.

Granted I didn't use the ZMI as it wasn't available, but even so RC is a tremendously slow skill, which requires a lot of concentration to get even semi-decent xp/hour. Level 92 is just about HALF WAY to 99 rc, which is why the majority of people have responded to your question as they have done.

^ Sorry for the life history, but I wanted to give you an idea of what you're asking and why the responses are "Don't even try".

Realistically, if you could bear it... If you play for 6 hours per day, every single day for the next 6 months doing nothing but rc'ing through the ZMI (and I mean nothing - talking to friends, particularly in cc slows you down) you won't be far off 99rc. On the other hand, you will also have wasted levels 91-99 by not doing double nats via graahk method, but you can probably add another month to the estimate to do it this way..

Mordendravid.png

The true question is when will pigs fly.

Um... swine flu? (Sorry, couldn't resist! :smile: )

You're looking at months of work, probably spread over a couple of years unless you stick with it hardcore.

I'd recommend you take it in chunks, not all at once. Kudos to you if you do it--the rarest 99 out there. Make sure to do herb runs which help break down your day with "breaks."

"All that is gold does not glitter..."

Nearly a year ago I was 60 Runecrafting and I told a few friends that I was going to achieve 99 Runecrafting. They all laughed and told me that I was crazy and I would never make it. They told me I should aim for a more achievable goal such as 99 strength (I was 95 at that time). I would have never made it there today if I had listened to them. Just like you should not let the people telling you "You cannot get it" get to you.

To the people telling him this, you are here to answer his questions, not to bring him down or tell him he is crazy for trying this. So either you answer his questions or stop this posting and derailing this thread further.

To the OP: People have achieved even crazier goals in the past. If you put your mind to it you can achieve 99 runecrafting and you can laugh at the people who doubted you.