A (semi) serious rant about chickens.

Dakashakk

Now, I realise my concerns will seem trivial to the majority of Tip.it forumers. But bear with me on this.

I started playing Runescape two days ago, and so far I am enjoying myself immensely. My character seems to be developing at a decent pace, and I've already earned my first 200k using the grand exchange. This is motivated by one simple fact: The starting area is full of absolute morons, and I want to escape as fast as humanly possible!

I've just begun to train my magic skill, as a quick scan of the magic tab revealed a number of teleportation spells. I imagine these would become very useful in the near future, and indeed I have just wasted a few thousand gold on Law Runes in order to test out my new Varrock teleport. (It's rather sexy.)

This training was not made any easier by the detestable level 3's who do not seem to be in possession of a functional brain.

There I was, testing out my fantastic Level 1 Wind Strike spell on a conveniently placed flock of chickens, when some dullard walks past and enters the pen in order to demand "Free Stuff Plx." This in itself is annoying, but what made matters worse was the fact he was not blessed with the common sense to close the gate behind him. One of the chickens escapes, and I have to go out of my way to kill it in order to allow the unsuspecting bird to respawn in the pen. After the 26th time this happened, it began to grate on my nerves a little. Hence this nonsensical rant.

My point is, Lumbridge and its environs are populated with idiots. I'm sure you are all aware of this blatantly obvious fact, but it's beginning to do my head in. ;) I'll just continue to grind my way to the top, eventually bring myself to subscribe and then look down upon these peons with a mixture of disdain and fury.

Thanks for reading. I just needed to get this off my chest. xD

TipSignature.png

Ah, something we've all lived with. It almost isn't runescape without people randomly disturbing your training in some shape or form. Or if you play enough you might as well just shell out the five bucks for membership and the area will be pretty empty, and the people you have to interact with will be (relatively) less stupid. But I do know what you're talking about, it takes me back. Just consider it early character building.

I had to lul. Be glad at least you are not a zombie, and have a brain. Just wait, you will get there someday, and find there are almost as many idiots at the top as well.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

There are players like this everywhere. I will say it is somewhat lessened on P2P but still there, I for one restrict my time in Lumbridge to quests / using the culinary chest. But that is it for me. :D

Pgkhqob.jpg

Proud Tip.It Moderator December 07 - October 2009
Proud TETAU Member 2006 - 2007 <3
"I had a standing agreement with god. I'd agree to believe in him, barely, so long as he let me sleep in on Sundays." - Rose Hathaway
[ Posting & You ] [ Forum Rules ] [ Next Tetau Event ]

We are the ones blessed with the use of common sense, use your advantage and enlighten them! Show them the meaning of logic, respect and love! Come on you can do it.

I tend to go out my way to explain things to people. But thats just me. :razz:

11-1.jpg[

Guild Wars 2-In game screenshot, the MMORPG you are waiting for. Click for thread.

We are the ones blessed with the use of common sense, use your advantage and enlighten them! Show them the meaning of logic, respect and love! Come on you can do it.

I tend to go out my way to explain things to people. But thats just me. :razz:

I do that too, it normally ends up as: "Add me" *the next day* "Free stuff pl0x?" I respond "You can make good money by doing X" the next response usually determines weather I remove them or not. If it's "Oh, cool story bro. Free stuff pl0x?" I remove them. If they respond "Okay thanks!" well you get the idea.

Prism_Swords.png

Just wait until you're fighting things that can kill you and other people are being noobs. =)

If it really bothers you, just remember that you probably won't have to spend a lot of time in Lumby in the future, and you can always pony up the $5 for membership.

"Those who give up their liberty for more security neither deserve liberty nor security."

Support transparency... and by extension, freedom and democracy.

Make something idiot proof and somebody will make a better idiot. Fact.

Not much else to do but grind on and enjoy it while you got it :)

MMORPG - Many Men Online Role Playing Girls - LOL, but how true?

Oh and none of the people you see online saying "looking for bf" are girls. Statistics I make up don't lie. - HA!

Retired - 19:37 - 25th feb 2007

Officially back - 19:19 - 16th april 2007

Ive quit enough times to quit again and be garunteed im guna be bribed back, totally worth it ;) until next month anyway

Why yes, f2p is populated by the majority of the RS idiots. The shelling out of cash weeds out a few of the idiots and makes Lumbridge a ghost town, with empty chickens free for the pwning. I wish you luck on your journey, and come join us in the almost-sane worlds sooooon! :D

Also, 200k?! In your first two days?! In MY day it took me a good solid WEEK to get that, and I slaved over that water in the heartless Karamjan sun for HOURS... (don't mind me, I'm an old fogie of over 5 years playing)

Balance may be power, but chaos is still pretty damn fun.

Lielac.png

Canada can't be second rate, polar bears are their main mode of transportation.

I have a pure acct on f2p and I find that the people at the cows are much more interesting. Go there and save the hides to sell in ge. If you take an ax and tinderbox you can cut trees just outside and then cook the beef. The cows give bones, hides and meat on each kill. This is a great place to raise mage.

Good Luck.

Rachy <3:

coconutpiesig.jpg

I really enjoyed reading that, anyways that'll all be over when you're a memb :-)

I doubt that. No offense to the sensible members ofc.

Random story I'd like to add: A friend of mine suicided in fally multi for a free pray recharge (this was in f2p, and he had nothing on). When he ran into multi, this idiot pulled out a corr spear and started att'ing him. Lyk what da heck. (For those that don't get it, corr weapons last half an hour. Then they disintegrate into nonexistent pixels.)

d9f84e76d7.png

I really enjoyed reading that, anyways that'll all be over when you're a memb :-)

Do you honestly know what you're talking about?

Just because the majority of newbies and idiots are in F2P doesn't mean there aren't any in P2P.

I've always been F2P and I've hardly seen any newbies/idiots the places I go.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

There are just as many idiots in members as there is in non-members. Its just members is much larger and provides more places for the idiots to get lost for 30minutes until their home teleport spell is available.

L0l nice phrasing XD.

@Sonic, just walk into PvP.

d9f84e76d7.png

Even on PvP worlds I don't see a lot of people saing "safer", "noob", etc.

Or maybe it's just me. :mellow:

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

Even on PvP worlds I don't see a lot of people saing "safer", "noob", etc.

Or maybe it's just me. :mellow:

I'm afraid it's just you. Last time I was in a bounty world, oh boy.

Dare589.gif

Clickie the signature image for me blog.

Vox populi, vox dei.