Electronic Music

Sam

Welcome to the electronic music thread! This is the thread to discuss anything electrical and musical. If you are unsure of what is classified as electronic music, click here.

RJD2+703fantasticElastic.jpgThe+Prodigy+PRODIGY+OSAKA.jpgDaft+Punk+Face+To+Face.png

Electronic is possibly one of the biggest genres of music in the world, with a huge range of sub-genres, and surprisingly, artists! Last.fm has a pretty awesome page with a synopsis of all things electronic, which you can view here.

Like dubstep? Check out the dubstep thread.

• Like 1

2257AD.TUMBLR.COM

Does Juno Reactor count?

Some of their songs are crazy.

Masters of the Universe

Mona Lisa Overdrive

10,000 Miles

Komit

Mutant Message

Samurai

Pistolero

Zwara

Conquistador I, Conquistador II

These can all be found on Youtube. I'll link each name a little bit later. These guys did work for the Matrix and Animatrix, so you've probably already heard them.

But I don't want to go among mad people!

Oh, you can't help that. We're all mad here..."

Where's the Stockhausen, Koenig, Schaeffer and Parmegiani? A little more recent, Brian Eno? Sorry, I just had the chance to be an elitist [wagon], I couldn't resist. I'm not really well known with Electronic music. I do enjoy it, though. A little bit of Autechre, Aphex Twin, Kraftwerk amongst others. I also think that musique concrète is pretty interesting. If you're new to Electronic Music and are interested in it's origins I can really recommend the OHM: The Early Gurus of Electronic Music. Might not be the type of stuff that you're used to, but it's really interesting material.

• Like 1

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

'Danger' so far is bad[wagon].

Very cool tracks.

is what I'm into right now.

Some of this sounds like Amon Tobin. But I'm probably getting genres mixed--never was too good with them.

But I don't want to go among mad people!

Oh, you can't help that. We're all mad here..."

Kashiwa Daisuke, World's End Girlfriend, Boards of Canada, Massive Attack, Portishead, Burial... Hell, I've even got a huge soft spot for hard trance, dubstep and drum and bass. Also, Eluvium. There's so much good electronic music that people are missing out on because they're getting worked up over Justice and Daft Punk.

Was talking to my sister earlier, she showed me some Bring Me The Horizon, but remixed. Kind of dubstep-ish, really good. Just search for their stuff on Spotify, though it's on youtube too.I classify it as dubstep-screamo.<br>

2257AD.TUMBLR.COM

Ooh electronic. Justice is pretty much my all-time favorite band/group of any type of music. I never really got into Daft Punk, I don't know why. Pretty much any of the artists off of the Ed Banger label are personal favorites for electronic.

SebastiAn -

Feadz -

Busy P -

MSTRKRFT -

But Justice is still by far my favorite. It was my number one album on my album list thing, try "A Cross The Universe" if you want some truly amazing live electronic music. Easily my most listened to album, it really doesn't get old.

Ooh electronic. Justice is pretty much my all-time favorite band/group of any type of music. I never really got into Daft Punk, I don't know why. Pretty much any of the artists off of the Ed Banger label are personal favorites for electronic.

But Justice is still by far my favorite. It was my number one album on my album list thing, try "A Cross The Universe" if you want some truly amazing live electronic music. Easily my most listened to album, it really doesn't get old.

If you'd like to get into Daft Punk a little more, they produced a live album named "Alive 2007", you can listen to it on Spotify, I'd imagine you can find fan videos on youtube aswell.

2257AD.TUMBLR.COM

Birdy Nam Nam are worth a mention. They are a group of French DJs who use the record player as a musical instrument.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_ICcz6kXP0

You can get a clear idea of how they work with this video of Abbesses:

Other great "electronic" artists that haven't been mentioned yet...

Moby - ambient/chillout

[hide]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDrfXVwHk9Y[/hide]

Bluetech - psybient

[hide]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nB3kaviEy_k[/hide]

Flying Lotus - experimental/hip-hop

[hide]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CybO7XtYpdU[/hide]

EDIT:

Burial - dubstep/downtempo/ambient

[hide]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OtEBEVC0HUc[/hide]

If you'd like to get into Daft Punk a little more, they produced a live album named "Alive 2007", you can listen to it on Spotify, I'd imagine you can find fan videos on youtube aswell.

Thats one of my favourite albums.

Aphex Twin and Kraftwerk are good. The Jeans Team are good as well, they made the song "Keine Melodien" which was featured on the Volkswagon car adverts. Not all their stuff is electronic though.

It isn't in the castle, It isn't in the mist, It's a calling of the waters, As they break to show, The new Black Death, With reactors aglow, Do you think your security, Can keep you in purity, You will not shake us off above or below

Scottish friction

Scottish fiction

No love for Leftfield yet? I also like a bit of Infected Mushrooms, although I can't take a full album at a time.

ragenori9bosq4.gif

Thanks Venomai for this super sig and Kwimbob for the awesome avatar!