Electronic Music

Sam

I've started listening to Justice a bit lately and hooooooooooly [cabbage] some of it is really amazing. I haven't grown used to most of their music, but songs like DVNO, Phantom and Genesis are superb.

Also, does anyone else listen to The Kilimanjaro Darkjazz Ensemble?

2009rb9.jpg

I've started listening to Justice a bit lately and hooooooooooly [cabbage] some of it is really amazing. I haven't grown used to most of their music, but songs like DVNO, Phantom and Genesis are superb.

I think One Minute to Midnight is really creepy, in a good way. My only complaints is the horrible snare at the end. At least on the version that's on Youtube.

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

Check out their live album, it's like 10x better then their non-live stuff IMO. :thumbup: (I say that too much, but when people look into Justice I just get so happy.)

Ewwww.

Looking for some nice ambient type music. Not too electroic with the thumping and the bumping and the doof doof ZING !

Like Moby's Porcelain without the vocals. Something like that.

Anyone help me out ?

I'll suggest Eluvium:

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pULmu86AXaY[/yt]

[yt]

[/yt]

[yt]

[/yt]

Probably not quite what you're looking for, but he is the best ambient artist in my opinion.

I cried a little when I saw that no one had mentioned CellDweller (sorry Adrenal, but its a bit less than "ambient")

[yt]

[/yt]

[yt]

[/yt]

...also Above and Beyond deserves a good mention

[yt]

[/yt]

and because I like the FXT label so much, I'll plug another of their bands: Squarehead

[yt]

[/yt]

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

That's not music. It's not electronic, it's not emo, it's not screamo, it's just [cabbage].

I'm sorry but Adrenal died while attempting to listen to that. Massive internal bleeding, cause of death - severe bloodloss from his brain, flowing out through his ears.

That's not music. It's not electronic, it's not emo, it's not screamo, it's just [cabbage].

I'm sorry but Adrenal died while attempting to listen to that. Massive internal bleeding, cause of death - severe bloodloss from his brain, flowing out through his ears.

Above and Beyond didn't meet your standards Adrenal? I thought that would have been a little more geared toward your "ambient" tastes. But then again, its more chill than ambiet. I can't stand Ambience myself. I need some excitement to my music or straight up lose interest. I didn't expect you to like CellDweller or Squarehead though.

Christ [bleep], there's nothing that pisses me off more than people like you.

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Above and Deyond was good in the middle, Own Little World was good towards the end, for Switchback the music the wholeway through was good. It's the vocals I didn't like, mostly. Though the music itself is nice if you're feeling on edge.

And harrinator, I dont give a [bleep]ing rats'. It's my view, I didn't ask you to read my commet, and I certainly didn't ask you to agree with me.

Above and Deyond was good in the middle, Own Little World was good towards the end, for Switchback the music the wholeway through was good. It's the vocals I didn't like, mostly. Though the music itself is nice if you're feeling on edge.

And harrinator, I dont give a [bleep]ing rats'. It's my view, I didn't ask you to read my commet, and I certainly didn't ask you to agree with me.

Nah, I don't have a problem with you not liking it. I have a problem with you calling it [cabbage]. I don't like it either TBH.

Celldweller's a really talented producer, some of his stuff just sounds crap though.

Not a fan of pendulum but his remix of this is truly sickening.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYNktU3EH2U

logo.jpg

Ok then, Harrinator, sorry for that episode.

Oh and Futurama, sickening as in terribly bad ? Sounded like a badly done happy hardcore type song. Still, I'm exploring your suggestions. I've stuck to Ulrich Schanuss [the man is a genious] a few songs from BoC and some other ambient artists, uhh, Mint Royale have a few excellent singles.

Any more you can suggest ?

not sure mate, i'll have to check my collection hahah. I'm not massive on ambient stuff but some's great. in the meantime you could check out Lamb and to some degree Bjork.

Sickening as in good, by the way. :P

logo.jpg

Ha, not sure exactly what you meant. The music was good, really, picked up around 1:30, still dont like the vocals too much. What would this come under ?

Definitley not trace/rave/dance/ etc...

It's not, really. Just a bit of a DnB/metal crossover. You get it a lot in soundtracks to crap car-racing movies.

logo.jpg

Has Nine Inch Nails been mentioned yet? Or are they not considered electronic? hmm...

I agree, crappy car movies often have great soundtracks. Most "adrenaline" movies in general do.

So how does /MM&T feel about Junkie XL?

EDIT

when did the "yt" tags get replaced with "media" tags? That makes my posts just look dumb...

What's up with the recent influx of love for Dubstep, DnB, IDM, or Drillcore?

Its been around forever, but it seems recently people are taking interest into it. Also, its Electronic Dance Music(EDM) for future references. You're going to find what you're looking for much more accurately if you use the correct terms.

I listen to way too much [bleep]ing EDM, have about 120gigs. However I listen to mostly: UK Hardcore, Gabber, Hardstyle, Hard Trance, Goa, Vocal Trance, or IDM.

1260955552084-1.jpg

Shin, I thought I was the only one on this forum. Hardcore <3 . And by UK hardcore do you mean happy hardcore or the other kind?

My music listening history (lots of yt links):

[hide]

I started listening to jumpstyle at like 14y:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AaaUPVyOs0s

Then I switched to hardstyle; jumpstyle really bores me now.

Then I switched to mainstream hardcore:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQ4MTxDHmdk

Then I had a house/ electro house/ fidget house phase:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZp4v2R8N9E

Then I started listening to DnB (jump-up drum n bass to be specific. Still love it)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9LdobR6wL4

The drop comes pretty late in the song but DAMN it's so awsome.

Now I'm starting to appreciate hardtechno and schranz:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcA96IzhzVs

]

[/][/hide]

I like infected mushrooms (psytrance or what do you call it) but I never really listened to it a lot. The people and excessive drug abuse at those parties aren't really my kind of thing anyway.

Oh and to people who hate EDM: I hate almost every other kind of music genre :ohnoes: .

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

I don't know if I already told you this Adrenal, but you should try out The Orb. I think it's exactly what you're looking for. :) The Orb's Adventures Beyond the Ultraworld is a good start. :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Orb%27s_Adventures_Beyond_The_Ultraworld

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

Shin, I thought I was the only one on this forum. Hardcore <3 . And by UK hardcore do you mean happy hardcore or the other kind?

My music listening history (lots of yt links):

[hide]

I started listening to jumpstyle at like 14y:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AaaUPVyOs0s

Then I switched to hardstyle; jumpstyle really bores me now.

Then I switched to mainstream hardcore:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQ4MTxDHmdk

Then I had a house/ electro house/ fidget house phase:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZp4v2R8N9E

Then I started listening to DnB (jump-up drum n bass to be specific. Still love it)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9LdobR6wL4

The drop comes pretty late in the song but DAMN it's so awsome.

Now I'm starting to appreciate hardtechno and schranz:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcA96IzhzVs

]

[/][/hide]

I like infected mushrooms (psytrance or what do you call it) but I never really listened to it a lot. The people and excessive drug abuse at those parties aren't really my kind of thing anyway.

Oh and to people who hate EDM: I hate almost every other kind of music genre :ohnoes: .

Haha oh man electrohouse. That was a bad detour in my life.

Oh, i'm talking about real UK Hardcore with those saw leads and at 180bpm. Will love it till I die. Also, i'n a huge raver and attend at least 2 big events every month. You can get past the drug thing, but I don't see why you would. :3

1260955552084-1.jpg