What's the point of spending 1/2mill on a gravestone...

JiggsBro

Have I missed something with gravestones? Just died for the first time since they were introduced, and a whole bunch of stuff didn't get saved. Some of it is replaceable for free (explorer's ring, bomber jacket...), some of it costs to have an NPC replace it (lunar staff)...and one item (gnome goggles) can't be replaced except by buying it for 275,000 (in the unlikely event someone's selling) or randomly regaining it after making another 100+ *&%$ing gnome deliveries. Is there some logic to this? Is there at least some RS help page I haven't found that tells you what won't get saved? And, as if I wasn't mad enough, I've just remembered I also lost my ectophail, so now I have to trudge out to Port Phasmatys to get a new one.

Gravestones aren't that hard to understand.

Basically when you die, gravestones keep your "corpse" fresh along with your items, pardon my poor choice of words.

In other words, your items are saved for the duration of the certain gravestone you have. The one everyone starts off with by default lasts for 3 minutes. For those 3 minutes, your items will stay at the spot you died until your gravestone timer wears off. The more expensive a gravestone is, the longer it lasts, ON ITS OWN.

What I mean by on its own is that, sure your gravestone might last for say 10 minutes. You might not be able to make it back in time. That might not be a problem unless no one nearby. What other people can do for your grave is to either re-build it, or bless it. I am not sure about the time for rebuilding a grave, but I think if you rebuild someone's grave, the timer will increase by 10? minutes. Although that requires no skill level, blessing a grave is different. Blessing a grave requires 70 prayer and it will incrase the duration of your grave by 30 minutes.

Ps: Not trying to be a wannabee-mod, but this should probably go in the help and advice forum.

Edit:

I read the last part of your topic. If you click on the helmet tab on your interface, and then you click on the skull and tresure chest, you can see what items you will keep upon death and what will be lost.

lolbx7.png

Main: Snw rifleman - FINISHED DESERT TRESURE 11/5/08 WOO

Just your typical asian who likes to play games =)

Ectophial (very annoying)

Get a charter boat next time. Costs some gp's but saves around 10 minutes and gets you straight to the docks. Replacing it ain't that annoying really if you can just afford a thousand or 2 gp's :P

signaturehoh.jpg

I'd rather die for what I believe in than live for anything else.

Name Removed by Administrator ~Turtlefemm

pouches never get saved, even if it is the only this you carry (which is why never use mine in the abyss) so never take one while fighting, they can be a big pain to get back if you are low-leveled.

Posted by Wugmaster Vincent Xxalius

final.gif

You have to take off everything except your gloves and boots. WTF JAGEX? :thumbdown:

Don't forget about the ring, you can keep that one to :)

And your necklace. :grin:

And quiver! This is fun :P!

Basically when you die, gravestones keep your "corpse" fresh along with your items, pardon my poor choice of words.

In other words, your items are saved for the duration of the certain gravestone you have. The one everyone starts off with by default lasts for 3 minutes. For those 3 minutes, your items will stay at the spot you died until your gravestone timer wears off. The more expensive a gravestone is, the longer it lasts, ON ITS OWN.

What I mean by on its own is that, sure your gravestone might last for say 10 minutes. You might not be able to make it back in time. That might not be a problem unless no one nearby. What other people can do for your grave is to either re-build it, or bless it. I am not sure about the time for rebuilding a grave, but I think if you rebuild someone's grave, the timer will increase by 10? minutes. Although that requires no skill level, blessing a grave is different. Blessing a grave requires 70 prayer and it will incrase the duration of your grave by 30 minutes.

Ps: Not trying to be a wannabee-mod, but this should probably go in the help and advice forum.

Edit:

I read the last part of your topic. If you click on the helmet tab on your interface, and then you click on the skull and tresure chest, you can see what items you will keep upon death and what will be lost.

Sorry for double posting, but repairing a grave requires a prayer level of 2, which i think everyone has, except for some level 3s to about 5s, and repairing it just resets the timer bat to normal (back to 3 for memorial flag, up to 5 if you have font of life)

Posted by Wugmaster Vincent Xxalius

final.gif

You have to take off everything except your gloves and boots. WTF JAGEX? :thumbdown:

Don't forget about the ring, you can keep that one to :)

And your necklace. :grin:

And quiver! This is fun :P!

In other words, your items are saved for the duration of the certain gravestone you have.

<snip>

Guess I'll start another rant about patronising people who don't even take the trouble to read a post before posting their patronising replies. I got back to my gravestone in plenty of time, thanks. I have read the guides, you see. I know what the guide says about gravestones. And yes, I know how to see what items I'll keep on death. I kept them. The problem is that the gravestone didn't save some items, and there doesn't appear to be anything in the guide that tells you this. Even given the fact that it doesn't seem to save items you can get back from an NPC doesn't explain why it wouldn't save the goggles. And that annoys me. So I let off steam.

I actually have to agree there, the 6-min gravestone is overpriced for its worth.

Then again, watch your health and keep valuables in your bank. Unless you're boss-hunting or something like that.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

I actually have to agree there, the 6-min gravestone is overpriced for its worth.

Then again, watch your health and keep valuables in your bank. Unless you're boss-hunting or something like that.

BS. You are F2P, how would you know? If I would have had 6 minute grave, that time a year or so ago at DKS I would have saved 5m. 500k is very cheap too, most members can make that in anywhere from 15 mins to 2 hours.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

Not really.

The best necklace in the game is about 5/6m more then the next best thing.

tbh the only items which are instantly destroyed are either easy to get back or not worth getting in the first place (ie fighter torso).

The graves have saved me a lot of gp.

Without them I would never risk the amount I do when I boss hunt.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

BS. You are F2P, how would you know? If I would have had 6 minute grave, that time a year or so ago at DKS I would have saved 5m. 500k is very cheap too, most members can make that in anywhere from 15 mins to 2 hours.

*cough*Void knight armor*cough*

Although I have the grave stone I feel the house tele tab is worth the space in my inventory. It has saved me many times. Just last week at God Wars I tele home with 2 hp and yah lived. I've also got poisoned and went to my house died and I end up outside of the portal with all my stuff and full hp and stats all back up. These are not expensive and very worth it.

I read in the past that you lose any quest reward item when you die. I don't recall which fan site I read that on. I wish you luck figuring this out.

Rachy <3:

coconutpiesig.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Well i dont mean to sound obvious, but dont die... Runescape is so easily accesible, to be honest, theres not many places in Runescape you could die at and not manage to get back in time... Especially with the choice of items it seems you had on - you were not boss hunting, so what exactly were you doing?

Unless of course im missing something and all those items you listed as lost were ringed white on your items kept of death, and therefore you lose them every time you die without the opportunity to get them back from your gravestone should you return.

There was a time when players could poach everything you dropped... If you can play in a time where you can lose your entire bank to a looter in seconds, but cant get back to a gravestone in 6 minutes, you've got too cushy with the user-friendly Runescape 2009.

Gennerally anything with the destroy option is gonna fizzle under your gravestone.

I went for the angel upgrade. Might have done better with the zaros one though. More stylish. But I don't yet have the levels to hit a few of those bosses, so I don't know if I'd need it for the further ones.

• 3 weeks later...

6 min grave didn't helm me when I lagged horribly and died. :cry: and lost 7M.

But it did help me get back my first whip when I died once. <3:

[hide=A funny conversation]Me:Have u wondered how my brassard, which leaves my chest bare, give about the same def as ur pile of rocks?

Friend:Hahaha

Friend:Maybe you are just good at blocking with your shoulder?

Me:Ahahahahaha[/hide]Rare drops: 4 D legs, 1 D skirt

Barrows items: 2 Verac's helms, 1 Dhorak's Greataxe, 1 Dhorak's platelegs, 2 Karil's leathertops, 1 Karil's crossbow, 1 Guthan's chainskirt

Quest cape achieved 28 Dec, 2009, lost with Nomad's Requiem, re-obtained on 19 Mar 2010.

Fire cape achieved 1 Nov 2010.

Yes, it's true you lost 250k item when the gravestone costs 500k. That is perhaps unreasonable on Jagex's part. But the 500k gravestone can potentially save so much MORE than 500k, it's worth it anyway.

I'd say it's still worth it for the mid-high range player and upwards. As far as saving your items goes, it's a bit of a hit and miss issue. The places where the chances of death are higher are also usually the places which are not quickly accessible, so gravestones aren't guarantees by a long shot, but every little minute helps, and at least it's a one-time fee.

It's up to you though, there are good deals and bad deals in the game, and it's up to you to decide whether you could put that 500K to better use.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

Yes, it's true you lost 250k item when the gravestone costs 500k. That is perhaps unreasonable on Jagex's part. But the 500k gravestone can potentially save so much MORE than 500k, it's worth it anyway.

In other words, graves pay off better when you're risking alot of cash >.>" so they're useful for boss hunting or any other situation in which you're risking valuable gear. Even more useful when one of your team mates can bless.

pixelsig.png

nubguy.jpg

R.I.P. Neko :[

5,445,898,965th to 99 Woodcutting

Blogs are dead