What did you do today?

Ouchy

Rode to my Local Bike shop, then to my local skatepark, rode there for a while, then went home because of a puncture.

So don't let anyone tell you you're not worth the earth,

These streets are your streets, this turf is your turf,

Don't let anyone tell you that you've got to give in,

Cos you can make a difference, you can change everything,

Just let your dreams be your pilot, your imagination your fuel,

Tear up the book and write your own damn rules,

Use all that heart, hope and soul that you've got,

And the love and the rage that you feel in your gut,

And realise that the other world that you're always looking for,

Lies right here in front of us, just outside this door,

And it's up to you to go out there and paint the canvas,

After all, you were put on the earth to do this,

So shine your light so bright that all can see,

Take pride in being whoever the [bleep] you want to be.

Yesterday... Two hours of pucks and butterflies. For the most part it was good, very sore now, and my foot is still having issues from the skate insert that moved sideways a lot about 20 minutes before the end of practice.

Today nothing, planning on getting some sort of routine involving attempts to increase my arm strength though.

• 4 weeks later...

Ran about 14 km in the evening , then i did 10km in bycicle to help my legs recover :thumbsup:

ignafel.png

ignafel.png

ignafel.png

Proud owner of these capes + quest cape

99 cooking achieved 26/06/06

99 fletch achieved 22/07/08

99 firemaking achieved 22/07/08

99 magic achieved 25/12/08

99 crafting achieved 25/12/08

99 attack achieved 25/12/08

99 strenght achieved 01/03/09

99 hitpoints achieved 23/10/09

99 ranged achieved 23/11/09

absolutely nothing. My sinus has transformed into incessant coughing, I can barely breathe. Even typing makes me short of breath. So much crap built up, sucks when it actually coughs up tho...

... :-#

Tomoz we have a biathlon at school, so I'll probably do that if I'm feeling any better.

disturbeda.png

Maxed out my bench - 135 :D

Ran a sub-6 minute mile

A LOT of ab work

Deltoids w/ dumbbells

Clean and Squats with barbell

Tried the trap bar, but i'm not a fan of it lol

Do this every other day ;)

Click here to become a Fan of an awesome Facebook page! Tell all your friends :D

168d9fm.png

8x500m on the rowing machine at 1.50s/500m pace. Killer. The training for rowing next term starts today...

A fellow rower? Howdy :)

I did nothing today, going for a run after dinner though...

My relaxation method involves a bottle of lotion, beautiful women, and partial nudity. Yes I get massages.

ojdv.jpg

8x500m on the rowing machine at 1.50s/500m pace. Killer. The training for rowing next term starts today...

holy [cabbage]. how long of a break to you take between each 500m? I can't imagine doing 4KM even if it takes me an hour :shock:

hiccup.png

Yesterday was 2x30min intervals on the rower. 2.07 average split, mostly boring, wouldn't have survived without my iPod. Mmm sweaty. Today is 5k test day, the only test I hate more is the 2k.

A fellow rower? Howdy :)

I did nothing today, going for a run after dinner though...

Ah really? Nice, do you row in college? I've only started since going to uni, only just become a senior but I love it.

holy [cabbage]. how long of a break to you take between each 500m? I can't imagine doing 4KM even if it takes me an hour :shock:

3 minutes 30 rest. I used to do 2 minutes rest but 3.30 is recommended on the plan i'm following at the moment so i'm not complaining!

"Da mihi castitatem et continentam, sed noli modo"

Pulled a 19.15 on my 5k, 1.55.4 average split. I was very pleased with that when I finished, but from about 3k onwards it took all my mental strength not to give up. I had to keep telling myself i'd finish early after another 500m, but then kept pushing through them. Yesterday was my rest day which was blissful, today I'm doing some kind of pyramid sprint intervals which I still haven't worked out.

Hey assassin, does your rowing machine have a " xxxxKM projected for 30mins" type deal thing? Like, if you kept going at that pace for 30 minutes, it gives you how far you'd go. It's what my friends and I use to compare out instantaneous speeds, and I'm wondering if you've ever tried passing the 10,000KM / 30min mark.

hiccup.png

I should've gone to the gym yesterday, but I didn't really feel like it because it was so cold (hehe), so I did 100 push-ups 50 normal, 50 one-leg). I should've gone to the gym today because I didn't go yesterday, but I didn't feel like it again, haha. So I'll do another 100 push-ups (50 normal, 50 one-leg), and tomorrow I'll be going to the gym, promised. :razz:

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

Hey assassin, does your rowing machine have a " xxxxKM projected for 30mins" type deal thing? Like, if you kept going at that pace for 30 minutes, it gives you how far you'd go. It's what my friends and I use to compare out instantaneous speeds, and I'm wondering if you've ever tried passing the 10,000KM / 30min mark.

Yeah, although i've never really used it like that (or really looked at it). Split time is easier to work off. I can go sub 1.30min/500m in 500m tests (temporarily, can't sustain it!), which I guess puts me beyond the 10,000m/30min mark, although I've never actually tried to go flat out for the sake of it. Although I'm curious now, I want to try it! I'll let you know.

Of course actually rowing 10,000m in 30mins would be superhuman.

Did some weights work today, chest (neglected for a long time) and back (i've missed deadlifts).

hmmm, I guess i'll start measuring my speed with split time, then.

Personally, I only made it to 9,700m/30min. My friend did 10,070 or something, but neither of us are rowers.

EDIT: okay, just got back from the gym. I only did 1KM and it said I had a 67 split. I have no idea what it means, I much prefer the "km per 30 min" measurement.

hiccup.png

hmmm, I guess i'll start measuring my speed with split time, then.

Personally, I only made it to 9,700m/30min. My friend did 10,070 or something, but neither of us are rowers.

EDIT: okay, just got back from the gym. I only did 1KM and it said I had a 67 split. I have no idea what it means, I much prefer the "km per 30 min" measurement.

Your distance in m/30mins is pretty good, although in reality rowing isn't really about absolute top speed, it's more about having a good split and holding it for 7-20 excrutiating minutes depending on the race length. Absolute speed on an erg is a function of weight and strength, so heavier guys can pull harder but might not be "as fit". I have no idea what a 67 split is though, it's way too high to be a stroke rate, seems a little low to be power (wattage), could possibly be some kind of calorie measurement...dunno though really. Do you use concept 2 rowers?

Haven't been rowing for the last few days, did an 8 mile run last thursday and a 12 mile run on saturday. Back on the ergs today, did 10x 1min intervals with 1min rest followed by a steady 5k row.

Went for a 8k run this morning, and did a 5k erg just now. First 1k I kind of mucked around, then I knuckled down for the final 4. Go a terrible 21.39 :( I can pull much better than that but I wasn't trying 100%.

My relaxation method involves a bottle of lotion, beautiful women, and partial nudity. Yes I get massages.

ojdv.jpg