Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

What did you do today?

• Please log in to reply
622 replies to this topic

assassin_696
[ Display Name History ]

assassin_696

The Karma Police

• Members
  • 6,963 posts
Pulled a 19.15 on my 5k, 1.55.4 average split. I was very pleased with that when I finished, but from about 3k onwards it took all my mental strength not to give up. I had to keep telling myself i'd finish early after another 500m, but then kept pushing through them. Yesterday was my rest day which was blissful, today I'm doing some kind of pyramid sprint intervals which I still haven't worked out.
"Da mihi castitatem et continentam, sed noli modo"

fastortoise
[ Display Name History ]

fastortoise

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,141 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
Hey assassin, does your rowing machine have a " xxxxKM projected for 30mins" type deal thing? Like, if you kept going at that pace for 30 minutes, it gives you how far you'd go. It's what my friends and I use to compare out instantaneous speeds, and I'm wondering if you've ever tried passing the 10,000KM / 30min mark.
Posted Image

How2PK
[ Display Name History ]

How2PK

Troll General

• Members
  • 10,372 posts
I should've gone to the gym yesterday, but I didn't really feel like it because it was so cold (hehe), so I did 100 push-ups 50 normal, 50 one-leg). I should've gone to the gym today because I didn't go yesterday, but I didn't feel like it again, haha. So I'll do another 100 push-ups (50 normal, 50 one-leg), and tomorrow I'll be going to the gym, promised. :razz:
Posted Image
Signature by Maurice Sendak
When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

Faux
[ Display Name History ]

Faux

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 8,805 posts
Last final tonight so I'll be going to the gym again by tomorrow.

assassin_696
[ Display Name History ]

assassin_696

The Karma Police

• Members
  • 6,963 posts

Hey assassin, does your rowing machine have a " xxxxKM projected for 30mins" type deal thing? Like, if you kept going at that pace for 30 minutes, it gives you how far you'd go. It's what my friends and I use to compare out instantaneous speeds, and I'm wondering if you've ever tried passing the 10,000KM / 30min mark.

Yeah, although i've never really used it like that (or really looked at it). Split time is easier to work off. I can go sub 1.30min/500m in 500m tests (temporarily, can't sustain it!), which I guess puts me beyond the 10,000m/30min mark, although I've never actually tried to go flat out for the sake of it. Although I'm curious now, I want to try it! I'll let you know.

Of course actually rowing 10,000m in 30mins would be superhuman.

Did some weights work today, chest (neglected for a long time) and back (i've missed deadlifts).

fastortoise
[ Display Name History ]

fastortoise

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,141 posts
hmmm, I guess i'll start measuring my speed with split time, then.

Personally, I only made it to 9,700m/30min. My friend did 10,070 or something, but neither of us are rowers.

EDIT: okay, just got back from the gym. I only did 1KM and it said I had a 67 split. I have no idea what it means, I much prefer the "km per 30 min" measurement.
Posted Image

assassin_696
[ Display Name History ]

assassin_696

The Karma Police

• Members
  • 6,963 posts

hmmm, I guess i'll start measuring my speed with split time, then.

Personally, I only made it to 9,700m/30min. My friend did 10,070 or something, but neither of us are rowers.

EDIT: okay, just got back from the gym. I only did 1KM and it said I had a 67 split. I have no idea what it means, I much prefer the "km per 30 min" measurement.

Your distance in m/30mins is pretty good, although in reality rowing isn't really about absolute top speed, it's more about having a good split and holding it for 7-20 excrutiating minutes depending on the race length. Absolute speed on an erg is a function of weight and strength, so heavier guys can pull harder but might not be "as fit". I have no idea what a 67 split is though, it's way too high to be a stroke rate, seems a little low to be power (wattage), could possibly be some kind of calorie measurement...dunno though really. Do you use concept 2 rowers?

Haven't been rowing for the last few days, did an 8 mile run last thursday and a 12 mile run on saturday. Back on the ergs today, did 10x 1min intervals with 1min rest followed by a steady 5k row.

Free_Steel1
[ Display Name History ]

Free_Steel1

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,376 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
Well I did what I always do, life (Bicep/Tricep) and did eliptical for 30mins. God my life is boring --__--

free_steel.png
Cowards die many times before their deaths;
The valiant never taste of death but once -Julius Caesar (play)

Sam
[ Display Name History ]

Sam

we are the music makers

• Members
  • 9,508 posts
I know that I'll be receiving a new bike for Christmas, so I'll start using that to build up strength of my pelvis which I fractured 3 months ago.

2257AD.TUMBLR.COM

Ouchy
[ Display Name History ]

Ouchy

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,365 posts
Went for a 8k run this morning, and did a 5k erg just now. First 1k I kind of mucked around, then I knuckled down for the final 4. Go a terrible 21.39 :( I can pull much better than that but I wasn't trying 100%.

My relaxation method involves a bottle of lotion, beautiful women, and partial nudity. Yes I get massages.

Posted Image

Jeffwilson99
[ Display Name History ]

Jeffwilson99

Sheep love astroturf kiwi fruit sandwiches egg noodles rabbits

• Members
  • 4,232 posts
Played some BYC with my little bro, but not for very long cos it's been pretty hot outside.
Posted Image

aquariusman
[ Display Name History ]

aquariusman

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,312 posts

I know that I'll be receiving a new bike for Christmas, so I'll start using that to build up strength of my pelvis which I fractured 3 months ago.

I wonder how that happened? :wink:

Weekend before last I injured my knee in a hockey game, bashed it off the boards. Haven't been able to do any kind of serious exercise since. So I've spent nearly two loooong weeks of sitting around with so much energy, and now that I'm finally getting close to "full" recovery, I'm getting very anxious. Glad I have a hockey tournament starting the 28th. Coincidentally I injured my knee in my last tournament... Anyways, so far I've missed: a run everyday, 2 hockey games, 2 practices, 2 trips to a ski hill. And my goal over the Winter was to not become lazy. This is definitely a great start, and now that it's more likely to snow everyday, the chances of me being able to run dwindle everyday, as I don't really have anything I'd be comfortable running in the snow in.

There's no such thing as regret. A regret means you are unhappy with the person you are now,
and if you're unhappy with the person you are, you change yourself. That
regret will no longer be a regret, because it will help to form the new,
better you. So really, a regret isn't a regret.
It's experience.

Ouchy
[ Display Name History ]

Ouchy

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,365 posts

Played some BYC with my little bro, but not for very long cos it's been pretty hot outside.

Jeff you are a true Kiwi. I give you a Pavlova. Only 1.

My relaxation method involves a bottle of lotion, beautiful women, and partial nudity. Yes I get massages.

Posted Image

assassin_696
[ Display Name History ]

assassin_696

The Karma Police

• Members
  • 6,963 posts
Jesus I suffered on the rowing machines yesterday morning. Dropped handle with 500m to go on a 2.5k piece that I wasn't doing especially fast. Did two 10 minute pieces at the end. It was following a fairly long strength workout though, but meh, not good.

Ouchy
[ Display Name History ]

Ouchy

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,365 posts
Jesus how did you drop it?

Today, I did an erg, 40 sec on 20 off. Did it about 11 times I think, as following my training guide for the break I have :)
Tomorrow, 2 X 20 mins (That's about 11ish kms), and 30 or 50 minute run, depending on how much I can be bothered to do it...

Posted Image

fastortoise
[ Display Name History ]

fastortoise

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,141 posts
I am proud to say I can bench my own weight as of today :mrgreen:
Posted Image

Ouchy
[ Display Name History ]

Ouchy

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,365 posts
How much do you weigh?

Posted Image

assassin_696
[ Display Name History ]

assassin_696

The Karma Police

• Members
  • 6,963 posts

Jesus how did you drop it?

Haha, sorry just a phrase really. I meant I stopped for a few minutes because I couldn't go on.

Did 2x20mins today, 2.03 average split. Felt better but wasn't trying to push too hard. Going round to a friend's tomorrow who has a rowing machine for some 500m interval work.

fastortoise
[ Display Name History ]

fastortoise

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,141 posts

How much do you weigh?

145 lbs +/- 5lbs, depending on whether I ate or took a dump before weighing myself. Benching 145 might not be a lot to many of you, but I had trouble lifting the bar when I started working out :oops: .
My friends who stand watch and make sure I don't choke on the bar say it's funny watching me bench a plate (135 lbs total) while some big guys do half a plate (95 total). Don't get me wrong, the majority of the big guys at my gym can bench way more than me. I also don't make stupid noises during every single rep so I'm guessing I'm starting to look very suave amongst the body builders.
Posted Image

Ouchy
[ Display Name History ]

Ouchy

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,365 posts
Ugh, I'm feeling Terrible today. Tried going for a run his morning but I had no energy (weird because I slept for nearly 10 hours) and when I tried to do an erg just then I couldn't even do 2 minutes without feeling like I was going to crap my pants, and I took a dump before I left 10 mins prior. Now I'm on the couch tired as a dog...

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users