09-Nov-2009 - Champions� Challenge Update and Hairstyles

Toad

New challenges: Challenge scroll

New worlds: +1000 total worlds

New items: Eyes of newt, bird meat, vials packs (This counts as new??)

New news: Extensive patch notes

Apparently they were telling the truth on their twitter

It seems you're right. But they still haven't released the "more exclamation marks" they said in the twitter.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So for those hunting the new scrolls.

You wanna kill:

Banshee

Mummy

Abby Spectre

They are all in quick chat ;)

Edit: Evidentally I am fail slowness lol

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Look to the side rien, theres 3 rolled up scrolls.Banshee, Mummy and aberrant spectre. Quickchat.

Since all of the scroll droppers are humanoid, what are the likely new races?Troll?Dagonnoth?Some type of demon other than lesser (greater, black, etc.)?Others?

:unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

Opeious.pngopei.png

Barrows Drops:....................................................Dragon Drops:...............Other Drops:

Dharok: 2 Helms, 1 Top, 2 Legs, 4 Axes.......................2 Claws Split..................1 Bandos Tassets

Karil: 1 Coif, 1 Top, 2 Skirt, 2 Crossbows......................3 Plate legs...................4 Berserker Rings

Ahrim: 3 Hood, 2 Top, 3 Skirt, 1 Staff..........................2 Plate Skirts.................2 Warrior Rings

Verac: 1 Helm, 3 Tops, 2 Skirts, 1 Flail..........................1 Med........................1 Archer Ring

Guthan: 2 Helm, 5 Tops, 1 Skirt, 0 Spear.....................1 Shield Half.................1 Seers Ring

Torag: 2 Helms, 2 Tops, 5 Legs, 1 Hammer....................4 Hatchets..................1 Missed Divine Sigil (was at bank -,- fml)

If it weren't for that overhyped tweet I would have loved this update

But because of said tweet, now I am extremely let down.

Then you fail.

Players made the hype NOT jagex.

If you re-read the tweet it fits EXACTLY with what we have been given

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Then you fail.

No need to be a little punkass about it.

I'm far from the the only one who was expecting much, much more

Then you fail.

No need to be a little punkass about it.

I'm far from the the only one who was expecting much, much more

And I'd say the same to them as I said to you.

It's you're own fault your disappointed if you buy into player created hype. Since player created hyped ALWAYS find stupid obscure links that turns tiny hints into something huge.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

The Adventurers Log seems to have had it's official release aswell, seeing as it's listed under the Community tab. It still says "BETA" though, but so does the GE database ^^

"There are only two strategies in war. Move forward or change. The victor is the first to realise that when he cannot move forward he must change."

~ Mod Mark H ~

100000players-2.jpg

I wonder as to whether they've improved the droprate of the Scrolls.

In other news was great though. No one said anything about the removal of the bloody door at Blast furnace? Looked pretty 1337 to me.

Unknown_Warrior.jpegIgGCP.png

Dragon Drops : 5 Dragon Medium Helmets, 3 Dragon Claws, 3 Dragon platelegs, 2 Dragon plateskirts, 2 Dragon Hatchets, 2 Dragon Spears, 7 pairs of Dragon Boots, 1 Dragon pickaxe, 10 Dragon defenders, 3 Dragon 2h swords, 1 Dragon armour Slice, 1 Dragon armour Lump, 1 Dragon chainbody, 1 Dragon kiteshield, 1 Dragon hasta, 1 Dragon ward, 25 Dragon knives pairs
The Warrior's Blog , Herblore Habitat - Efficient and profitable

[hide=Stats and logs]

The_Warrior.png
.:Adventurer's Log:.

[/hide]

I wonder as to whether they've improved the droprate of the Scrolls.

In other news was great though. No one said anything about the removal of the bloody door at Blast furnace? Looked pretty 1337 to me.

Alot of ppl seem to be claiming scroll drops; but it culd jsut be sheer volume of ppl "playing" the game atm comapred to usual

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Vials and water filled vials are still keeping their prices, but shards and eye of newts are crashing.

I log onto world 2 to lend my claws for 1hr. Some guy offered me 300k lol :) :) :)

johannase.jpg

Thank you to tripsis for an awesome sig!

I love my Banner Holder Imp. <3:

His snazzy little jacket and the fact that he runs when I do aswell.

Imp Banner + Imp to hold the banner = FTW

Im really happy I went to kill imps to get a chef's hat all those years ago before ge came out but ended up getting that scroll instead of the hat. :P

242gyvn.png

Champions challenge update = Candy for the addicts?

I doubt even 500 people have ever completed that for a bunch of silly banners that only you can see.

And I'm more than certain that the vast majority of those 500 people have all 99s in their skill's panel.

A better update for champions challenge would be to let you challenge the ones you already beat once a day for slayer xp, charms, etc.

At least then the minigame wouldn't be such a flop.

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

Wow! I log in to kill a few Hill Giants and after 6 kills. LOOKIE! :thumbsup:

Wow, very nice Val :thumbup: I swear when these finally drop it's shortly after you arrive/log for that session. My only scroll (zombie) only took me about 5 of them that day :D

Kinda very nice updates. I was excited by the title but the new content isnt really much of an improvement. Atleast theres kinda a way to show your reward too. o_0

Everything else is great I think. Except one thing.

Slayer Masters have now been given a right-click Get-task option to speed things up a bit. You can also find out how many more kills you need with a right-click option on enchanted gems, which will even work if you are currently in combat. Finally, gargoyles have a new Smash option when they're near death to allow you to more easily finish them off with a rock hammer.

Did they forget they released slayer rings? I rather it was on the ring itself. I carry a ring around not a gem.. If I was able to use this feature it would be great. Not for an extra inventory space/replace ring for the gem though.

Also I really hope they make 2000 skill total worlds. I dont expect more than that since it is a dedicated server. Either way im not impressed by 1000. Try 1500 atleast. I got a new friend (In rs that is) who only started couple months ago and she is nearly 1000 already. 1500 is a bit more worth while if your going to bother making such worlds.

Agreed. 2000 worlds would be sweet. Just one of them would be awesome.

cat_sabbath.png

Trust the Gene Genie!

I really hope they have upped the dropped rate for clue scrolls.

I purposely cut the ivies/yews at Varrock so that i can kill the 2 imps that spawn there- purely to try and get a scroll.

I have killed maybe thousands with no scroll.

I am often asked why i am killing those poor defenseless imps when woodcutting, maybe now i will get a lil competition whilst cutting

Runescape nick : Fat_Slug

Owner of Ears, Scythe and a 10 year veteran cape :D

Hmm, 1k for f2p worlds sounds fine but it should so be 1.5k+ for members.

Slayer update is about the only useful thing i'll use, the kills-left is very handy.

You'll be surprised then, that some of the minor updates will affect your gameplay whether you like it or not, such as the removal of the follower restriction on travelling, so you won't be just 'using' a single update.

The patch notes way outshine the main update this time, and I feel that the Champions' Challenge can do more than just a few additions to the champion list. In terms of difficulty the higher levels one don't seem to fit the title of 'champion'....even some of the bosses you find in quests takes a little more challenge, like food or prayer potions.

Although the not-so-little fixes here and there definitely made my day, and improved the gameplay on the whole.

I don't know if it's just me, but a few Tip.Iters seem to take pride in putting down updates, siding with the negative arguments during any debate in the General Chat, way too often for me not to recognise their signature and avatars. Are you trying to clock some forum post count or something?

Zepheras.png

"Do you really want to go back to the time when Falador was grey, lesser demon look like goats, dragons look like cows, hellhound look like cats and your character stands as stiff as a statue?"

-F1775

Wow! I log in to kill a few Hill Giants and after 6 kills. LOOKIE! :thumbsup:

Wow, very nice Val :thumbup: I swear when these finally drop it's shortly after you arrive/log for that session. My only scroll (zombie) only took me about 5 of them that day :D

Hmmm this is true for me, I got my Giant's challenge soon after logging back in the next day of camping them, and I got my Hobgoblin one soon after I logged back in after switching computers.

You'll be surprised then, that some of the minor updates will affect your gameplay whether you like it or not, such as the removal of the follower restriction on travelling, so you won't be just 'using' a single update.

The patch notes way outshine the main update this time, and I feel that the Champions' Challenge can do more than just a few additions to the champion list. In terms of difficulty the higher levels one don't seem to fit the title of 'champion'....even some of the bosses you find in quests takes a little more challenge, like food or prayer potions.

Although the not-so-little fixes here and there definitely made by day, and improved the gameplay on the whole.

I don't know if it's just me, but a few Tip.Iters seem to take pride in putting down updates, siding with the negative arguments during any debate in the General Chat, way too often for me not to recognise their signature and avatars. Are you trying to clock some forum post count or something?

What are you talking about? Where did I say I hated all the other updates? It was my opinion on which updates i found useful, as this after all is a discussion topic. Sure i will come across the others at some point but that's the same for every update.

TERA.pngtera2.gif

tera.pngsig_corner.png

Thanks Gradeskip93 for my awesome sig!

Hmm, 1k for f2p worlds sounds fine but it should so be 1.5k+ for members.

Slayer update is about the only useful thing i'll use, the kills-left is very handy.

Although the not-so-little fixes here and there definitely made by day, and improved the gameplay on the whole.

What are you talking about? Where did I say I hated all the other updates? Its was my opinion on which updates i found useful, as this after all is a discussion topic. Sure i will come across the others at some point but that's the same for every update.

Ah apologies, the last part was meant to be a sidenote, which in particular, is not related to you. I just find it funny that you said you'll be using 'one' update when there's at least a bunch in the patch notes that you'll inevitably be enjoying.

Zepheras.png

"Do you really want to go back to the time when Falador was grey, lesser demon look like goats, dragons look like cows, hellhound look like cats and your character stands as stiff as a statue?"

-F1775