1 itemers in Stealing Creation

LatinII

They're so stupid. They collect one C4/C5 clay, create a dagger and go on a killing spree. While the rangers and mages have to collect a lot of clay first for runes, armor and a weapon before they can go pking. Daggers are fast, and hit accurate 25+, and sometimes even 30s. And whenever they die, they just turn on 'Protect Item', and they get to keep their dagger and they'll just continue with killing everyone. This is stupid. At least disable the 'Protect Item' in the minigame, or nerf the daggers.

It's not just 1-itemers in SC, 1-itemers in general are annoying.

Like you said, they pull out their best weapon, kill everyone they see, use Protect Items, and when they get killed they continue killing.

They probably should either buff the range/magic sides in the minigame, or make it so that you cannot attack until everyone has finished making weapon/ammo. Or do what you said.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

I only 1-item, when i collect.

But they really are annoying. You kill him and he comes back in 10 seconds with same weapon.

"An Amateur practices until he can get it right. A Professional practices until he can't get it wrong."

nimetnbb.jpg

Quests just keep bringing me back to this game.

I've pretty much never played Stealing Creation - I hopped into a game when it came out but had to rush away to make a phone call, never had a game after so apologies if my post is somewhat lacking in background. From what you've described though - I can definitely understand the annoyance behind such a tactic!

However, i'll play Devil's Advocate here:

Surely this defines it as being a reasonable tactic to use? Assuming you still get points for doing it. (That's not to disagree with it's annoyance however!) :^_^:

Don't u need like 80 smithing to make a lvl 5 dagger?

And lvl 80 attack to use it?

I'd say the power is deserved

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Agreed, they should disable the Protect Item prayer in Stealing Creation, it completely ruins the fun in it.

[insert birds flying in a circle here]

Yes, that sig was annoying.

You do know that usually the 1-itemers are the people with the lowest scores in Stealing Creation, right? Because they only ever process 1 clay, if that.

If at least that discouraged them.

pixelsig.png

nubguy.jpg

R.I.P. Neko :[

5,445,898,965th to 99 Woodcutting

Blogs are dead

You do know that usually the 1-itemers are the people with the lowest scores in Stealing Creation, right? Because they only ever process 1 clay, if that.

That really isn't much of a deterrence. If you see the point structure of Stealing Creation, after you reach 20K score, there isn't much of an incentive to score. As you know it really isn't difficult to score 20K in the first few minutes and then you get 15+ minutes to 1 item. You end up with a score around 25K, which still gets you 1 morphic tool and its a lot more interesting than skilling for 20 minutes.

I would suggest you stay in non combat SC if you have a problem with 1 itemers as having them there makes SC a lot more dangerous than it would be without. Non combat SC is a lot more efficient and I often use it to get most of my points. But when I decide to go the themed worlds, I like to have at least 10 minutes to 1 item.

Smite.

Anyway, I 1-item after I collect my 50k points, or whatever it was needed for 23points, 36k i think?

Smite doesn't work since 1-itemers don't eat food. There's no way to deplete all of their prayer points even if they have full hitpoints. Personally, I ice barrage to freeze, then shadow barrage to lower attack. Back up, wait for a few seconds after they thaw, then repeat. You get called farcaster a lot, but it's not as if 1-itemers have any moral ground to criticize me. :rolleyes:

Tact.gif

Yes 1 Itemers are extremely annoying, but most people 1 Item themselves at some point, i for one love 1-iteming some games :)

Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes?

Signature_Lady_Gaga_3_by_Sed_rah.jpg

appmanagercrown.pngTKO Blitz Member | bluepd5.gifEx-Tempted Killers Council

I realize I am going a little off topic... But I suggest you have a familiar that holds all your clay processed all times in themed worlds and scrolls to deposit as soon as you see someone who attempts to kill you.

Know your surroundings and always look out for those fog areas to hide inside. I also find that if you have nothing but a dagger on, you tend to not get attacked less often since you look like a 1 itemer yourself.

As arby said about spamming nades: "Its tactical nub". It may not be liked, but it is valid, and works well. Either smite them out, or just gather enough runes to freeze them. That isn't that hard.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

I don't know the ones that thieve your clay that you just worked to get are pretty annoying as well. I find I have the most fun when we play as a clan for an event against each other or go with our allies. Somehow skilling/killing your friends is much more fun.

Rachy <3:

coconutpiesig.jpg

But they really are annoying. You kill him and he comes back in 10 seconds with same weapon.

Yes, exactly.

I would suggest you stay in non combat SC if you have a problem with 1 itemers as having them there makes SC a lot more dangerous than it would be without. Non combat SC is a lot more efficient and I often use it to get most of my points. But when I decide to go the themed worlds, I like to have at least 10 minutes to 1 item.

No, I don't like non combat games. I love to barrage in SC. And if I see a 1 itemer, I'll farcast and barrage them until they're dead. I just find it unfair how mages and rangers have to gather a bunch of clay to be able to pk, while meleers only need 1 clay and if they die, they can just turn on Protect Item and keep their dagger. But if mages and rangers die we have to collect new runes and arrows first. not to mention that the spells and bows are twice as slow as the dagger.

Yes, exactly.

No, I don't like non combat games. I love to barrage in SC. And if I see a 1 itemer, I'll farcast and barrage them until they're dead. I just find it unfair how mages and rangers have to gather a bunch of clay to be able to pk, while meleers only need 1 clay and if they die, they can just turn on Protect Item and keep their dagger. But if mages and rangers die we have to collect new runes and arrows first. not to mention that the spells and bows are twice as slow as the dagger.

I think the answer is to make melee weapons out of three separate parts, requiring one clay each of the appropriate level. If you protect item, you only get back one of the parts instead of the entire dagger. It would even up the clay requirements of each class a little, as well as making it difficult for one-itemers using weapons higher than level 3.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

I only ever use the "1-item Dagger" move if there's a bunch of gutless Mages, spamming Ice Barrage on the spawn point and we cant even move, with 10mins left. If your one of those, you deserve the dagger in the back. Also as "You Mages" with losing Runes etc, 2 things:

1) Your gunna lose them anyway to a thief or a ranger.

2) Half the time you don't die anyway because you're too busy spamming barrage/burst.

Popoto.~<3

2) Half the time you don't die anyway because you're too busy spamming barrage/burst.

1) I rarely lose my runes to a thief. I play on resizable so it's easy to see who is running towards me, planning to steal my runes. And why would I lose my runes to a ranger? Mage beats Range with ease in SC.

2) True.

And why would I lose my runes to a ranger? Mage beats Range with ease in SC.

Then there is a bigger issue than 1-itemers.

Combat Triangle pl0x :x :wall: :x

newsigac5.png

Remove Protect Item. There's simply no reason for it to remain in Stealing Creation, except to facilitate 1-itemers.

Also, if you're cornered by a bunch of ancienters in your base, it's not because magic is overpowered. It's because of stacked teams, which happens in every minigame you play.

Tact.gif

Well, the good news is that Curses are the solution to this problem.

Multiple people going on one person would decrease that target's str by .9^x initially.

Jagex has placed a very good prayer system that acts very much like resilience in wow but is very different in approach. I applaud them!

Now, they went a step backwards by making sap curses boost str :wall:

Either way, 1 itemers' threat will now be mitigated thanks to str reduction curses.

menea_reuter.pnglinkresponsewb2.th.jpg