Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Big barrows analysis

• Please log in to reply
96 replies to this topic

Satenza
[ Display Name History ]

Satenza

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,124 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
Good old Barrows.
Posted Image
With so many trees in the city you could see the spring coming each day until a night of warm wind would bring it suddenly in one morning. Sometimes the heavy cold rains would beat it back so that it would seem that it would never come and that you were losing a season out of your life. But you knew that there would always be the spring as you knew the river would flow again after it was frozen. When the cold rains kept on and killed the spring, it was as though a young person had died for no reason. In those days though the spring always came finally but it was frightening that it had nearly failed.

The Dark Lord
[ Display Name History ]

The Dark Lord

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 6,517 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • Clan:S.W.A.G.
I made 70-80M off of barrows over the summer. The cash is amazing, but you have to stick it out and not quit because you didn't get any items. I usually get one item/day when I'm there, though. I also do about 40 trips.
SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

bedman
[ Display Name History ]

bedman

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,774 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:bedman
Today, I did

4 chests with void and godsword: this method sucked
5 chests with verac: this method was decent
2x 6 chests with ahrim and claws of guthix: this methoded owned!

I got very lucky and received karil skirt, ahrim bottom and dharok helm in a row. Around 12 chests later I got a torag helm too. This totals 11m in 21 chests.

Anyway, onto my claws of guthix method, which I am very excited about:
(take claws in stead of dagger, it's better, I tried both).

It's so awesome because I can do the full trip within one overload sip. I start with sipping overload, speccing karil with piety and protect(he dies in 2 claw specs easily). Then I 2 doses of brew to get my hp up a bit. Overload wil restore my stats within 15 sec. Then I change to ahrim and my mace, charge, put on autocast and kill dharok. Get out, drink another dose of spec restore, on to verac. Then mostly I finish the other melee brothers with prayer left, and at the end I try to 2 hit ahrim without prayer, when my spec bar is full again. This mostly works fine. Chests are around 6 min each, first one a bit longer.

Posted Image

You should really try it. It's fun to 2 hit ahrim and karil, and hit 39s on with magic.

D Jay99
[ Display Name History ]

D Jay99

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,105 posts
  • RSN:D Jay99

<pretty awesome post>

Did overload last in the tunnels too? I found killing the tunnel brother pretty slow because my overload dose would run out before that. I didn't have clawsto spec with though.
And do you think claws of guthix is a lot better than fire surge? Fire surge maxes at 28 instead of 30, but you don't have to cast charge and it gives 30 xp more per cast. Seems worth using instead of cog, even though it's probably more expensive because you use 10 fires and 7 airs instead of 1 fire and 4 airs.

And grats on the drops :P
Posted Image

sparky1_2007
[ Display Name History ]

sparky1_2007

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 568 posts
I wish they'd allow summoning familiars in barrow's, it'd make doing runs all the simpler if i could have an inventory of prayer potions & uni pouches and then use some prayer for most brothers and then uni to heal on other monsters in the dungeon.

Beest1942
[ Display Name History ]

Beest1942

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 286 posts
  • RSN:Beest RAWR
  • Clan:Spirits of Arianwyn
I always used the tipit guide barrows style, but when I copied urs (as good as possible) I got to 6 chests with like 4 monks and 3 ppots. For the win.
Gonna try black sally now, hope its better than fire wave hehe.

Stupid question, but I set it to Blaze right?

Why do we bake cookies, but cook bacon

99/99/80+ looking for monster hunting group

RS07: mb nb

Maxingmck
[ Display Name History ]

Maxingmck

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,114 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
  • RSN:Mck
  • Clan:EE
claws of guthix>sally?

mck.pngMck.png

Noobs: We pay we say

JaGeX: How much will you pay?

bedman
[ Display Name History ]

bedman

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,774 posts

<pretty awesome post>

Did overload last in the tunnels too? I found killing the tunnel brother pretty slow because my overload dose would run out before that. I didn't have clawsto spec with though.
And do you think claws of guthix is a lot better than fire surge? Fire surge maxes at 28 instead of 30, but you don't have to cast charge and it gives 30 xp more per cast. Seems worth using instead of cog, even though it's probably more expensive because you use 10 fires and 7 airs instead of 1 fire and 4 airs.

And grats on the drops :P

Overload doesn't always last in the tunnel. It depends on the location of the chest and what you get kc on and if whether it appears at the chest, or before. Most of the times it does though. And if it doesn't, it's not really a problem for the melee brothers, since you still hit very decent without the extreme mag pot. I bring 8 overload doses anyway, so I can always repot over there, but it makes things a bit more complicated.

I picked claws of guthix since I'm already 99 mage and dont care about xp. I'd probably use fire surge if I wasn't 99 mage yes.

Albel
[ Display Name History ]

Albel

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,189 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:Albel
  • RSN2:Seaoh
  • Clan:SoDB
That is reall impressive drops. When ever I did barrows, I could only do 2-3 chest a trip <_<
With this being said however, I still made plently of money in a short amount of time. I remeber I had a notebook full of all my chest in a 3 week span (cant seem to find it :x ) All I remeber is that on average I made around 175k per chest. This is over a 2-3 week span, and I got some great drops including...
4 Dh helms, 2 Guthan helms, 3 Karils skirts and countless other drops. (Only drop I have never got was guthan spear and Verac helm)

If I can find that notebook ill post my drops here... but this was my money maker for me before I stopped playing. I took a 5mill bank and turned it into a 46mill+ bank. For short...

If you can stick with barrows for all the all the good and bad times, serious money can be made.
I have always loved barrows. It is in my opinion, one of the best mini games in runescape. Love it, and I could do it for many months (Or years) to come.
For the past 4 days, Ive been at barrows about 98% of my time at runescape, and this is what I have so far.
EDIT: just found a post I made afew months ago about my barrows trips drops ect....

Shortyl after thses drops I stopped keeping track of drops ect... but still kept a log in the notebook.

35bvvh1.png

Quotes

Runescape Achievements

D Jay99
[ Display Name History ]

D Jay99

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,105 posts

I pray mage Dharock. Pray melee Karils, and pray range Ahrims.

No wonder you only managed 2-3 chests :P

I'll be trying it myself kinda soon I guess, will be using fire surge.
Posted Image

Albel
[ Display Name History ]

Albel

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,189 posts

Yeah, as I said...my method is really weird. Im not strong enough to surive not praying aganist karil or ahrims :-(

35bvvh1.png

Quotes

Runescape Achievements

D Jay99
[ Display Name History ]

D Jay99

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,105 posts

Yeah, as I said...my method is really weird. Im not strong enough to surive not praying aganist karil or ahrims :-(

Nah you just got the wrong prayers there lol.
Posted Image

bedman
[ Display Name History ]

bedman

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,774 posts
Did 2 more trips today and with the setup I can now easily do 8 chests (food left), so I love it even more.

Also, I checked whether overload lasted long enough and mostly it did, with a few exceptions where it wouldn't spawn but at the chest and where the chest was far away. One trip was exceptionally fast and I got back out of the dungeon and still the overload was working, so that was a chest of under 5 min.

Albel
[ Display Name History ]

Albel

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,189 posts

Not trying to start any spam, but what that means is that...
I pray aganist Dhrock and mage him.
I pray aganist Karils and melee him
I pray aganist ahrism and range him.

Lol

35bvvh1.png

Quotes

Runescape Achievements

D Jay99
[ Display Name History ]

D Jay99

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,105 posts

Not trying to start any spam, but what that means is that...
I pray aganist Dhrock and mage him.
I pray aganist Karils and melee him
I pray aganist ahrism and range him.

Lol

Aah like that. Never mind my post then :P
Posted Image

KISS
[ Display Name History ]

KISS

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 124 posts
  • RSN:K II SS
  • RSN2:C0CY
Thanks for this lol! Gonna have to modify due to 45 defence...

Defining Rune Pure

Posted Image

TheAncient
[ Display Name History ]

TheAncient

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,267 posts
  • RSN:The Ancient
I also want to point out that barrows is really convenient to get to compared to most monster hunting. Organizing an arma or bandos run can be a huge pain, and barrows doesn't suffer that issue.

A small tip for getting KC: don't kill any monsters until you reach the puzzle door. You inevitably have to kill some monsters at the puzzle door anyway, so you might as well get some KC there and when you stop getting attacked solve the puzzle.
Posted Image
Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

Wachtwoord
[ Display Name History ]

Wachtwoord

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,997 posts
  • RSN:Who Plays
On a world with a decent ping, you can easily open the door in between two attacks after some practice.

When everything's been said and done, more has been said than done.

All skills 80+
Posted Image

Albel
[ Display Name History ]

Albel

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,189 posts

On a world with a decent ping, you can easily open the door in between two attacks after some practice.

I could never do this for the life of me. I always had to wait till I was clear before I could open a door <_<

And to sseli, you are compleatly right. No big group is need, just mabey a small clan that you go to barrows with and thats all you need :thumbup:

35bvvh1.png

Quotes

Runescape Achievements

rangeor
[ Display Name History ]

rangeor

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,948 posts
  • RSN:Range 0r
  • Clan:SODB
For KC, what I do is I kill all the monsters that I spawn, except for skeletons. Because I hate the skeletons. Then when I get into the chest room I kill all of the monsters in there, including skeletons. This usually gets me at least 10 KC, sometimes more sometimes less.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users